Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Persona 1

It's just not the same with caucasian Mark... : (

bz4Hgg5.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aDmRlD1.png

Looks familiar.

dO5dYX3.png

Nice teleporting technique you've got Diego.

uKlwbKF.png

:rage:

They are showing up like cockroaches.

N7VrsXO.png

images

It's Alan Wake's evil twin !

iGjLOCS.png

He just don't know it when to quit.

DHCQhI7.png

Excellent trolling Shodan.

Rmfoj2V.png

Teleport THIS!

EYMuaP2.png

Respawning explosive car toys everywhere.

ml5ucPu.png

:cool:

D0hPMcI.png

That looks interesting...

pkUwr45.png

DX21U14.png

I hate cyberspace. It's like a poor cousin of Descent and Tempest.

1iHo3TC.png

After some time...

:martini:

bAnbB6p.png

n1Kt7Yv.png

253xQ10.png

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
LOL, thats one of the tamer ones. All the dungeons have a branch in them, usually with someone mostly naked splayed across the screen. You should see the one with the knight lady.

DraQ

Arcane
Ninja Destroyer
Y U NO DISABLE QUEST COMPASS TUTORIAL MODE?

Also, railgun is great for those corridors with autobombs - finally something it can handle, better, something it excels at instead of sucking horribly (just don't fire when strafing).
:troll:
Combine with sensaround (rear only, switch weapon and automap MFDs back on) and shield.

Also:
aDmRlD1.png

Looks familiar.
bean_whistlers_motherotaf9.jpg

Sure it does.

Last edited:

ColCol

Arcane
Are the requirements for beating System Shock 1 as tedious as Ultima Underworld?

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It has come to my attention that some of us are unfairly prejudiced against games just because they happen to feature little animu girls as characters. As to avoid triggering those poor souls, I will dedicate this post to the best game of 2014:

eMULfhJ.png

Let's begin.

2uNbTwN.png

Actually, this run went so poorly, that I went to practice the Extra Boss to reacquaint myself with the game:

HDLmDzt.png

And here we go.

CIC3EC5.png

Pretty normal semi-random bullet pattern. Only somewhat dangerous because my ship is very fast, which makes precise micrododging difficult.

RhCKLht.png

This attack has two stages. First it fires a laser downwards, and then three multilayered fans of bullets aimed at your location. The enemy ship also chases you if you go above a certain height.

PRFrfuX.png

So you need to misdirect it a bit, and swing around it carefully, so that the fans don't cover the whole screen, as you will need the space for the next wave (there are three in total). Not that difficult once you get the hang of it.

DsWcsd1.png

6pTpA0m.png

This one, on the other hand, is pure evil.

KhEiXBG.png

Seriously, I can't read this shit. I get two screen clears and still die at the end.

Vnka94E.png

The enemy sweeps across the screen, firing lasers, and also shoots some aimed bullets. We just sit above it all.

8dSB5Nf.png

Victory. Or is it?

KKKt8Pr.png

There's a phase 2 if we haven't used a continue.

jbzNQ6k.png

This one is very fast, but not very dense, and static as well.

lDrRL4X.png

The boss actively chases you and shoots that orange spray in your face, while shitting up the screen with those little pink bullets. Moving around a lot makes this much harder than it really is.

awSSNKX.png

Waves of homing bullets, easily dodged by staying away and on the move.

aYvuJmg.png

Once we deplete its health enough, it moves into this attack, which is very intimidating, but not that hard to read once you know where to look. The bullets slow down around the middle of the screen, and then speed up again while heading down. The important thing is to look for gaps while they're in the middle. It's probably possible to just dodge them by pure reflexes, but I'm too old for that shit.

Still, I'm out of practice, and get rekt horribly here.

DAAHpz7.png

Bitter victory after continuing.

DraQ

Arcane
Are the requirements for beating System Shock 1 has tedious as Ultima Underworld?
I don't understand the language you're speaking, I'm afraid.

I don't know, is there anything approaching the tedium of finding/collecting the the Talismans of Sir Cabirus in system shock.
I don't recall anything particularly tedious in SS1 (or 2 for that matter).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are the requirements for beating System Shock 1 has tedious as Ultima Underworld?

I don't know, is there anything approaching the tedium of finding/collecting the the Talismans of Sir Cabirus in system shock.

[WARNING! System Shock spoilers ahead]

# Every level has a Security Rating. You must reduce this rating by smashing cameras and computer nodes on EVERY LEVEL of the game to be able to move between them.

# You must find a couple of things to stop SHODAN's first attempt at conquering the universe.

# You must then go and push buttons in three sub-dungeons to be able to jettison one of them, except the jettison mechanism conveniently malfunctions when it's needed, which means you have to wander around in a maze of relay stations to find the proper one and replace it.

# You must then find four communications arrays and destroy them.

# Once that is done you must assemble a 6-digit code of Minor Importance, go down to the Reactor level (the lowest level) which is full of radiation, and enter the code.

# After that you must go up to the Bridge (the highest) level to stop SHODAN.

# This final part requires first getting through the Security level, a one-way spiraling death trap of death.

# This final part also involves disabling the triple force field that leads to the bridge, entering cyberspace, and battling SHODAN.

Conveniently enough, that's 8 bullet points of Things Needed to Do to Beat System Shock 1.

If you thought Ultima Underworld 1 was a chore to play, I suggest skipping System Shock 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom