Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
K6G0364.jpg

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

oHLhsVN.jpg

GmbRaYd.jpg

amGeBlR.jpg

CAXJ48J.jpg

B1QExj6.jpg

vIPorpN.jpg

:obviously:

ROwthfD.jpg

HgEmyyF.jpg

RSsTKjh.jpg

ydOVEpD.jpg

jgohfL6.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm still butthurt as fuck how they changed Deathshead from the original :obviously: in RTCW/Wolf 09 to a total nutjob in The New Order. He was a really cool fucking villain.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Famous last words:
"Aaaaawww! What a cute little puppy"
2TvAMHm.png

Actually he (and his mother) was not too hard thanks to a combo of Dilto (reduce AC) and the Mummies' level draining.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
wsprIss.jpg

:outrage:

737XJR2.jpg

Most pointless face customization ever. He always is a bald potato.

Also, serious Fallout vibes here.
:thumbsup:

f8sL8eR.jpg

Combat is RTwP. You click on enemy to attack and keep eating potatos to instantly regen health.

TIqZK7F.jpg

Weird shared dialog screen. Don't recall seeing something like this before.

eW4GhUq.jpg

I feel fabulous. Also, rich. Look how many potatos, weeds and vodkas I have!

CCR8Y1C.jpg

The first 2-3 hours of the game are horribly linear, but afterwards it opens a lot. You can take missions all over the world, explore various cities and do side-quests.

wDtgvMi.jpg

Guns are the weirdest thing ever. You can't reload hand-made guns in combat, so enemies carry like 8 guns each. They fire a shot, throw it away and switch for a new one. Is like the AI became self-aware and is cheesing the game.

bbl9DBZ.jpg

I swear, this game has more clothing options than any The Sims game. You can even buy a female Night Gown! And wear it!

Overall a decent game. At some points it's so bad it's good, but it has some genuine good moments. However, it has the fucking worst voice acting I ever heard in any game... Prince of Qin sounds like Shakespeare after this.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Is that the same game that was called ''Dungeon Cleaners'' (yeah, great name). I vaguely remember the ''Boar'' character andthink i played the ruskie version a bit.

kain30

Cipher
wsprIss.jpg

:outrage:

737XJR2.jpg

Most pointless face customization ever. He always is a bald potato.

Also, serious Fallout vibes here.
:thumbsup:

f8sL8eR.jpg

Combat is RTwP. You click on enemy to attack and keep eating potatos to instantly regen health.

TIqZK7F.jpg

Weird shared dialog screen. Don't recall seeing something like this before.

eW4GhUq.jpg

I feel fabulous. Also, rich. Look how many potatos, weeds and vodkas I have!

CCR8Y1C.jpg

The first 2-3 hours of the game are horribly linear, but afterwards it opens a lot. You can take missions all over the world, explore various cities and do side-quests.

wDtgvMi.jpg

Guns are the weirdest thing ever. You can't reload hand-made guns in combat, so enemies carry like 8 guns each. They fire a shot, throw it away and switch for a new one. Is like the AI became self-aware and is cheesing the game.

bbl9DBZ.jpg

I swear, this game has more clothing options than any The Sims game. You can even buy a female Night Gown! And wear it!

Overall a decent game. At some points it's so bad it's good, but it has some genuine good moments. However, it has the fucking worst voice acting I ever heard in any game... Prince of Qin sounds like Shakespeare after this.

looks sexy, and the mention of fallout makes me wanna try it :)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm still butthurt as fuck how they changed Deathshead from the original :obviously: in RTCW/Wolf 09 to a total nutjob in The New Order. He was a really cool fucking villain.

So is New Order worth playing?

Not if you have slow/limited connection. That fucking thing is huge and still don't know why it needs that much space...
Play the older ones.

iGzCkDV.jpg

Killing Nemesis with handgun : Achievement unlocked

5x9wvR2.jpg

Poor dogies.

IHTeILC.jpg

1CoXBg0.jpg

If you can't stand the heat...

wSV1sPo.jpg

... get out of the kitchen.

ZK4BjmV.jpg

Ah, the memories.

CthvXCQ.jpg

:rage:

pGC8IRb.jpg

You're a one ugly motherfucker.

PXI1nAu.jpg

hakG7Y1.jpg

Measuring whose gun is bigger, big guy won.

TF6pbSe.jpg

RT2bpit.jpg

Hunters return, fortunately they are beta ones.

WIb8rIf.jpg

Knock, knock.

ZuSUpam.jpg

It's rape time.

3tzqnUo.jpg

kuNXUxb.jpg

RTjxArF.jpg

Eat shit and die.

:yeah:

spekkio

Arcane
Heh, and back in the day everybody thought that RE3 was decline.
Little did we know about what Capcom is really capable of.

:cry:

BTW, is this the PC version, since AFAIR backgrounds in the PS1 version looked better on emulators?

Anyway...

Rapeman - Origins

Another mosquito level? These are the most anal when it comes to reaching perfect score... Were they made with co-op in mind, or what?

u9J9cAS.jpg

:x

Moving platform + ice on top + you need one of enemies alive to reach the cage:

QrhNgPw.jpg

:negative:

Enemies / puzzles based on physics (destroy some elements, so jumping enemies kill themselves in pits):

nr0bcSu.jpg

:deadhorse:

Regular level infested with the “keep running or die instantly” bullshit from chest challenges?

Xpkgsbl.jpg

:nocountryforshitposters:

Totally random boss-battle (retry 100 times to learn lava patterns)?

CsYPCr1.jpg

:decline:

Even more of the “run Rayman, run!” bullshit?

hxEQuEH.jpg

:rage:

Anyway...

XPYB1ER.jpg

Yeah, whatever, I just want this rape to finally end...

eflQePt.jpg

What?! For a perfect score I would have to repeat the mosquito level? No way!

scaredkitten.jpg

No!

1327341620_unfriendly_cat_rescue.gif

Noooooooooooo!!!!!

Old-school hardcore difficulty my ass...

:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Another mosquito level? These are the most anal when it comes to reaching perfect score...

Really? I only had that problem in one of those. Which was anal to the max and nearly caused me to ragequit getting perfect scores.

And it's still waiting for you, too! \^____________________^/

Totally random boss-battle (retry 100 times to learn lava patterns)?

Maybe I lucked out, but IIRC, I got it on my first try of frantic bubble-jumping and hoping for the best. Sorta annoying, sure, but nothing compared to the fucking carnivorous flower. I really fucking hated that one.

The water dragon boss (that you have left) is also annoying as shit, but not as much as the flower at least.

Coyote

Arcane
Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier, spekkio, but you can fire much faster in the mosquito levels by rapidly tapping the fire button instead of holding it. That's how I finally managed to get carpal tunnel syndrome a perfect score on the last one.

spekkio

Arcane
IMO the quickest way of dealing with enemies in mosquito levels is by sucking in one wave of enemies and kill the next one by releasing it. Much faster than killing enemies with bullets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EtJ8OCZ10E&t=0m58s

*Edit

Also, don't forget that I'm playing the Wii version with emulator quicksaves. If not for that, I would ragequit long time ago.

:popamole:

The "keep-mementum" type of platformers is totally not my cup of sweat... I prefer metroidvania gameplay (energy bars + no insta-death pits) or platformers without the constant threat of dying due to level-scrolling or whatyoucallit.

Last edited:
Heh, and back in the day everybody thought that RE3 was decline.
Little did we know about what Capcom is really capable of.

:cry:

BTW, is this the PC version, since AFAIR backgrounds in the PS1 version looked better on emulators?

Nah, it's Epsxe 1.9 with some boosted graphic options. Still, you can see the diffrence between them since the PC version had backgrounds with higher resolution. But I didn't complain, it was a smooth experience, emulators can really help to omit the problems with diffrent windows version. And since you can enhance them, why bother ?

Besides that, the third part is really unique. We've got one boss constantly looking for you, and showing in at least expected moment, and you must be careful. Other than the worm thing you just need to survive the Umbrella masterpiece on two legs. You can feel the heat especially on hard mode, since the beginning and the first confrontation with Nemesis can be very brutal and end the game permanently if you didn't conserve ammo but wanted to collect the goodies from his ugly body. Later on game is more forgiving and thanks to the ammo craft system I could beat the game without any problems. You just need to be reasonable and sometime just not kill everything, just run. Some great tracks too, Masami Ueada always delivers. The branching decision system was interesting, it gives diffrent ending as the result so it keeps game somehow fresh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom