Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Hellraiser

Arcane
dragonfall1.png

Who doesn't love office sluts?

dragonfall2.png

All those hours spent on reading and writing mission and vision statements at university/work finally paid off!

DraQ

Arcane
I'm tempted to shitlist balmorar for his massive unspoilered shitty game screenshot posting binges.
Great, the bloom burned through my retinas.
This.

Without the bloom and Dark Places' wimpy looking thunderbolts, it would look gud.
Black Mesa (Half Life 1 port to modern Source)
Actually it's more of a remake.

Mostly a good one, but incomplete (no Xen), and they dropped the ball in several aspects (new Tau Cannon looks great but isn't as fun as the original, a few places where otherwise extremely linear HL1 had some non-linear layouts going for it have been removed, Apache fights are the epitome of popamole).

Kitako

Arcane
Thanks for clarification about Black Mesa, their description is actually pretty vague.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm curious if chefe balmorar still has eyes after all that bloom.

And what the fuck is going on in that last screen? Why is that nigga so small?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I loved Black Mesa but the HECU marines had insane accuracy. That and Surface Tension was shortened.

DraQ

Arcane
Really wasn't a fan of Black mesa. I'd replayed HL and a whole bunch of custom levels/mods etc. (most of which are superior to the original) just before it was released, and felt a bit let down. Terrible bloom effects, marine fights were over too quickly (whether the devs had scripted them to as great an extent as the original, I have no idea, because there was no opportunity to really observe their behaviour before one of you died), truncated sections which weren't even that bad in the original but left other god-awful-boring areas untouched. The BLOPS fights were nearly as much fun as the original, but again, they died too quickly.
I'm not saying it was perfect or superior to the original (because it wasn't) and truncations were indeed bad (mainly in Surface Tension and, ironically, On A Rail, which definitely didn't need *more* linearity), but it was still a good and faithful remake.

OTOH BLOPS sucked massive hairy balls - how did you manage to enjoy them will forever elude my comprehension.

In the original the assholes were really fucking good, not just because they were fast and accurate, but because they avoided frontal assault and consistently managed to flank and surprise the player - which is pretty good for a derpy game AI. They were PITA even if you played on lower than max difficulty which disallowed them from using their cloaking latex.

In Black Mesa, OTOH they just charged you frontally while jumping up and down and wearing conspicuous tracer goggles making their cloaking completely worthless, which proved to be less than effective tactic for unarmored combatants with crappy HPs and allowed you to gun them down pretty much hassle free.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity 2. Weird game.
Lots of loose strafe shooting going on.
Gameplay felt like a single player MMO with varying levels of voice acting.
But I like the mind-reaidng feature.
Also, what is up with the architect?

Divinity2%202014-05-11%2023-25-55-88.jpg

Divinity2%202014-05-12%2000-15-41-74.jpg

It's like giants build the building while humans are its occupants.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Move from your 4-square-meters apartment to a bigger place and you'll feel the same way.

zwanzig_zwoelf

2027%202014-05-08%2001-50-03-72.png

2027%202014-05-08%2001-50-16-13.png

Well, fuck. No explosives, almost out of meds... let's play something else.

SkylightFreerangeDemo%202014-05-11%2016-23-34-73.png

SkylightFreerangeDemo%202014-05-11%2016-27-58-95.png

SkylightFreerangeDemo%202014-05-11%2016-37-09-59.png

SkylightFreerangeDemo%202014-05-11%2016-38-01-24.png
I know you designed the game, sea.

Shadowman%202014-05-11%2013-19-03-87.png

Shadowman%202014-05-11%2013-22-48-03.png

Shadowman%202014-05-11%2013-23-13-61.png

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Is that fucking Shadowman? Also, almost done with Metro 2033 Ranger Hardcore again. Two things prevent this game from being perfect: it's too short, and the fucking amoeba section in D6 is one of the worst sections ever, especially in RH. Fucking hell. Metro: Last Light doesn't have infuriating enemies, which is one of the reasons why I think it's the better game.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i dunno, the armored train end boss was pretty infuriating since you can actually see(therefore shoot at) the dude loading/shooting the tank gun, but can't kill him because fuck me i guess.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Arcania: Gothic 4

sMTj9A7.jpg

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

lCPEAwc.jpg

Fallout: New Vegas

32lQHCI.jpg

yaYFs3w.jpg

kDQlUNA.jpg

iFssDrH.jpg

dBKaE3q.jpg

IcWJj7b.jpg

qJxI8qf.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom