Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Xeon

Augur
One of the Camera modes or a mod?

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
One of the Camera modes or a mod?
It's in the first person camera mod.

Kinectimals Unleashed

M5xRtBk.jpg

8UxbhbX.jpg

r69WXp4.jpg

hFa7Y9A.jpg

0qr9gV3.jpg

JJESiv8.jpg

kmaXd4S.jpg

BcxPpf5.jpg

FEfa8CT.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Xenonauts - Zero Dark Fourty

At the beginning of the 2nd battleship cleaning mission I got this:

7dsznOC.jpg

So, an alien mod is currently online!

Reaching ITZ was a fucking chore, though - probably the most difficult mission so far: constant AP loss, MC every second turn, extremely strong guards, etc. The fag itself is invisibru:

BrPK3ZC.jpg

As long as ITZ conscious, of course:

ORorx3C.jpg

esSmC5I.jpg

It’s time for some water sports:

water-boarding-a-1.jpg

:yeah:

The skies are filled with these:

AnwGmJs.jpg

And downing them is very difficult. We need something better:

FO3FDjz.jpg

:thumbsup:

Machocruz

Arcane

Boss bitch continues her war against The Patriarchy Brotherhood

Achievement unlocked: Emasculation

The "Brotherhood" oppresses males as well as females.

Typical cis-scum harassment. I need feminism because: I shouldn't have to suffer misogynist verbal abuse when I execute deadly assaults against rival criminal enterprises.

Score one for feminism against sexist, ableist, genderist, fascist, Samoan male privilege!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I heard the silent cries and mighty echoes, so here's moar obscure shit:

NZ92hPk.png

The Immortal, a extremely hard action-RPG, kind of a hardcore version of Cadaver:

Jqa7oVs.png

My badass wizard is out for revenge.

The game feels really good, with big areas, enemies patroling around, real-time exploration and a good walking speed. Not bad for 1991.

Xv6vAfK.png

In battles you can dodge and attack in 4 directions, but might get tired if attacking too often. There's a way to execute enemies in a bloody fatality, but I haven't found out how yet...

3NlSGdG.png

Some serious Temple of Trials flashbacks...

bJIHBeZ.png

I like how you find this piece of map and have to guess where it is showing based on the layout of the area.

HbyuTMu.png

Thus ends my adventure... you can actually swing yourself back up, but you have to be quick, or the staff breaks.

The idea here is clearly trial and error... I found a reflecting talisman and used it in front of a light ray, only to have lightning strike at me and a Game Over screen... and if you die, it's back to the start of the level.

5RwhnVA.jpg

Tactical jRPG, clearly inspired by Gollop's Chaos. Is freely available, BTW.

EN4Hmug.jpg

First, Ultima-style questions.

dLB8CEK.jpg

According to your answers, you get one of the many classes the game has.

qWlEF71.jpg

You can then choose a battle area & enemy, and fight him to learn his summons. Here I'm on free mode, so I already have all 30 summons and can play any class.

s3GpyKV.jpg

In battle you face a enemy character, and both have to summon creatures and cast spells to defeat the other. The purple spots on the map are energy points, that replenish your mana every turn, depending on how many you control. The game also factors terrain, elevation and mobility type, so only a flying or swimming creature can cross water... and I can use magic to make the water rise.

5FAeFMb.jpg

I has Woned, motherfuckers!

The game is quite interesting, my main gripe is how it uses a pokemon-like system of elements too seriously, so a fire summon can hardly harm a water summon...
Also, ignored balmorar. :M

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
return to castle wolfenstein
herrdoktorg8ka1.jpg

goodbye, granpa. :cry:

zwei6yj0b.jpg

how about next time you try aiming for-
drei69f22.jpg

germany's finest.
secretmealkhl2l.jpg

the castle yields its secrets to me. its hidden meals are mine to devour. also grenades, i guess, but who gives a fuck about grenades.
whatcoulditmeanvhkg1.jpg

level designers are too crafty for the likes of me.
whatdidyouthinkitmean4gkze.jpg

or maybe not.
thisoneactuallywasntoeljd0.jpg

fake grail ahead. do not inbibe.
ihavenoideawhatthisdi1sd0e.jpg

hochmut kommt vor dem fall. i have no idea what the fuck this did.
wearereachingtheendgautcwx.jpg

we are reaching the endgame now. i can feel it.
nomyvitalessencepuk2u.jpg

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? :x

Blonsky

Prophet
Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2

Rorschach's journal, July 30th 1977.
A girl has been kidnaped and we start the search at the gathering place of the lowest of creatures.
ouMJia7.jpg

Even the VIP area is full of decline.
qXBtPh0.jpg

So we leave the club, but there is a police strike going on.
jyk25Co.jpg

And the scum is on the streets.
EJ2Bzi0.jpg

We crash a private party where the promise of rape is made.
j2rYwO4.jpg

But she-bithce and her sisterhood ruin the moment.
PuN65rK.jpg

"Could i ever hit a womene?" was going through my mind every time i punched one in the face.
k3IPDMZ.jpg

And then the rape began.
ayVm9Dv.jpg

"...leash that often."

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SHREDDING PEOPLE TO PIECES WITH MACHINE GUN FIRE

6k3NRK.jpg

:rpgcodex:

NFzWXw.jpg

:outrage:

2xXzSq.jpg

*glare*

Q7n4L0.jpg

!!!!

XHT9FZ.jpg

no, NO

qikR3B.jpg

FUREH!

COMBlK.jpg

I may not win

6mi2LA.jpg

But I can still leave with a hueg explosion!

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fbul.gif
Welcome to my Hexen screenshots post
fbul.gif

uBY800n.jpg

This looks like a safe castle to visit.

wql5kDU.jpg

One of the minibosses, later we meet his twin brother.

ynG3JFS.jpg

Grabbing Daemon Codex, a powerful artifact.

z492h5h.jpg

<Lights the torch> Fuuu.....!

cIFINZx.jpg

:rage:

eDHa6pq.jpg

:smug:

bBUOQxX.jpg

ns9684q.jpg

fbul.gif
Thanks for looking on this post, and be sure to check the links for other good sites about Hexen
fbul.gif

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Dear Codexia, today I downloaded eMule:

Jb3fq7P.png

Behold, The Kawaii Heart of Uukrul:

EZnTL80.png

VKqIR9v.png

That's only a tiny part, is like he pasted the entire manual on the intro screen...

4vcKDWG.png

So far so good, although seeing everything like this kind of kills the exploration...

fEls0um.png

Magic became just... jrpg magic, but with a high fail rate.

Y5FzFcc.png

Sometimes the game almost looks cool, but then...

PSIoRnZ.png

IS THAT YOUR FUCKING LARGE WOLF?

jKGytBL.png

S0cxFJE.png

OH, FFS! Ok, sorry but this is too much... Even I know that RPG Maker Ace comes with a set of sprites like this:

ZCcyno2.png

And you use that little ninja from Ragnarok Online or whatever? The biggest problem with this game is not the extremely dumbed down gameplay and easy battles, but how it has absolutly no atmosphere. From the shitty batle graphics to the elevator music that plays on the market area, is just lame as hell.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
To be fair in comparison to the characters in your party that wolf looks like it's twice their height in length alone.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:awesome, has 'x' in it, but is not 'sex':

:salute:

Your Hexen looks awfully washed-out, though.
The game really benefits from running in Doomsday, with vanilla assets but improved lighting engine.

I play all doom engine games on zandronum, the gamma may be too big but it was for the convenience. Sometimes it was hard to me to follow the dark parts of dungeons.

Heretic, which I played recently wasn't a bad game. A first baby of Raven based on Carmack's beautiful mind engine was solid. Solid, but it felt more like a total conversion mod than a full fleshed game. The weaponry selection is mostly 1:1 equivalent of Doom ones. Monsters lack a little in variety department. Overall level desing was interesting, and it shows how much guys and girls from Raven loved D&D. It was not surprising, after all they made Black Crypt, but sometimes it was really great. Invisible walls, moving walls, and last but not least many, many secret parts of levels. After finishing the whole five episodes I wanted more.

Which brings us to Hexen. I remember the demo, which contained the first episode of the game. It was really confusing for me at that time. With all that doors opening somewhere you've had to put some autistic skills to remember which is which. Well, apparently I've upgraded them since now it felt really normal. There is no hand holding so it can be confusing, but the level design isn't greatly overwhelming. It's probably due to the limitations of the engine that we need to move through many portals and some hubs. Graphically it looks very natural. The wind is moving the leafs, you can break stained glasses, and the variety of themes is kept at a good level. Due to the classes there is less weapons, but it never felt bad for me. It was more natural to have one melee weapon and some magic helpers than a whole arsenal of destruction. After all, who needs it, when you have a .... Wraithverge! It's like fantasy BFG9000. Seeing hordes of monster being swarmed by a deadly ghosts and popping all around was very satisfying. Apart from that the inventory system with many goodies (which, of course was already in Heretic) has many cool things to help you through the storie. I mostly used the deadly gas and repulse rings when I felt like a marine trying to stop zerg rush. The flying was needed to fight with that thing in the end of one of the sections. Oh, and the chalice filled with mana, I hoarded almost everything for the final encounter. It was a good move.

Hexen felt overall like a game, that can stand on it's own. Everything from Heretic which was good is in, or with a little bit of retouch. The puzzles were a good catch of breath in between the slaughtering of enemies. The most prominent were the diffrently coloured chaos serpents. Really annoying in big packs. Oh, and the teleporting behind your back or bringing another bunch of them after some time was really "funny". I guess it's not easy to beat a powerful magician.

Now it's time for Deathking of the Dark Citadel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom