Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
More fan-translated translated stuff I'm trying out:

Battle Moon Wars, a tactical RPG inspired by Super Robot Wars:

iqE4H2Z.jpg

A tactical jRPG for the PC, hurray!

dLQoCRk.jpg

This is cool, you can assign what your character will do when attacked: counterattack, evade or block.

C8oEuqS.jpg

The attack animations are extremely long and "epic", but can be turned off. I actually find this one quite cool. :3

jyYwAB3.jpg

I never understood why some japanese games have SO MUCH HP...

gEoaEmp.jpg

Gm0SAIH.jpg

Yes, he is a fucking maniac. His AI is perfectly aware of my attack range and keeps my caster in check, always attacking one square beyond her reach. I think I never felt so exploited before...
The Genius of Sappheiros, a Touhou RPG (meaning it's the hardest sonafabitch I've played in a while). Did you ever got to play this one, Crooked Bee ?

TT15zXI.png

That's how everyone feels about the plot.

zPIHjoP.png

Your party is always fully healed after a battle, and even the dead characters are brought back, as long as they have enough "Lives".... however, MP doesn't regenerate, and it's horrible scarce.

XaylJMo.png

This game has like a bazillion skills for each character.... and all of them look interesting, a impressive feat.

wvr94Ed.png

That's... different.

YCqVGT7.png

My fierce warriors in glorious 3-1 formation (actually , that looks like a 1-2-1 to me, but ok). You can also assign a commander, that gives support and gains Xp, but doesn't fight directly.

ZxQWmbZ.png

Also, everytime you die in a dungeon, you permanently lose any item you had collected since you last saved.... but no problemo, I got this.

Y8NKk2R.png

Or maybe not...
Xanadu Next, a quite fun action-RPG. It doesn't have little anime girls, so it's by far the easiest of the three:

Hai7Nyv.jpg

This is the town, where you buy stuff, rest and level up.

UgxcEaD.jpg

Depending on the angle you attack the enemy, you get to deal bonus damage.

46GcF1Z.jpg

You can equip 4 items and 4 skills at once. Each weapons have different skills, that you can permanently learn by training. This one lights my sword on fire, and if I learn it, I can then light any weapon on fire.

vOF8kpe.jpg

Casting some fireballs to clean up the room. In a odd design choice, every spell has its own MP...

FhFhroL.png

FUCKING KEYS! Here I just used 5 keys in a row... and that asshole in the Pawn Shop increases the price everytime I buy one....

Mt3Jwd3.jpg

In Metroidvania fashion, I got a new power, so now I can go back and smash rocks to open new paths & items.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've only given it a short spin. I feel like I need to be able to devote more time to it than I currently have in order to form a proper opinion about it.

It'd be cool if you posted your impressions once you've played it long enough.

Cazzeris

That Quake looks weird.

By the way, which ones are the best graphic mods for Quake?

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm not that big fan of Quake but this game definitely don't deserve such eyehraep. Decline Agenda iz 2 stronk, crumblesome news.

By the way, which one are the best graphic mods for Quake?
Quake 4 MP - best graphic enchancement for Quake3Arena.

DraQ

Arcane
Q2 actually looks much better this way, because in the original version it just looked fucking bland.

Q1 - way too much bloom.
Last time I checked Tenebrae + vanilla assets was the way to play it, although Dark Places has much better looking rockets and 'sploshuns, and I've also seen some great looking model/texture replacement pack once.

Deleted member 11480

I like how balmorar seems like a random guy that just decided to register on the Codex to use it as his personal online screenshot warehouse, as a cloud of sorts for preservation

OreXQlJ.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom