Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Multi-headed Cow

So...how does it compare with Master of Magic? Have my prayers been answered after these many years?
What Trash said. It's basically nothing like Master of Magic. Best Master of Magic-like is still Age of Wonders Shadow Magic.

Multi-headed Cow

What does it have going for it then, besides being cheap
Enjoyable fantasy wargame.
The AI seems ok about being an asshole and using magic and flanking your units to hit you in your soft spots, and it's relatively fast paced for turn based strategy.
The simple city building is entirely in service of making armies and smashing them together, there's no way to have all-round good cities so you have to focus cities on gold or food or mana, and then focus cities on unit production, and then make decisions about where you want to build your upgrade buildings. You can buy the upgrades for your units anywhere in the game once the building is made, but any units made from that city get the upgrade for free. But high-end units require a lot of buildings to be able to produce, so even then you're not always going to have one good "Troop" city and will want to spread it out.
And then since all wizards are jerks you'll probably be at war with everyone unless you're paying regular tribute, which leads to trying to manage your shit since units are expensive and you don't want to throw them away if at all possible.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Warlock is a tightly-wound game. You are always doing something, every turn, and the combat is fluid and the AI competent. The game will be amazing in multiplayer.

Phelot

Arcane
Yes it's Ancients' Gates which is PS2 exclusive. Kinda sucks you end the first game in dragon armour and with badass weapons (lol Runeblade) yet in the sequel you start with crap starter gear again.

Drakan Order of the Flame works on W7, but the game will only start in developer mode.

I was pretty butthurt when this sequel was announced only for console. So how is it compared to the first?

Multi-headed Cow

29ADCF03193DC9F789AD6EF4E838C96B4EA891F8

Multi-headed Cow

2:05 AM - Steambro: Why did you let him die? :(
2:07 AM - Multi-headed Cow: :'(
2:07 AM - Multi-headed Cow: Not only did he die a noble hero, depending on my performance he could've turned on me!
2:08 AM - Multi-headed Cow: ALPHA BIGBOTICOL
2:08 AM - Steambro: Yeah but I bet you couldn't have sex with him.
2:08 AM - Steambro: ME for the win :3
2:08 AM - Multi-headed Cow: You cut that out, you!

839C6B1819614DB1D8B643FE96F136E8EF570DD9

ED6480776A10F47DD4D2AC98932A2137D8C0A0CC

And then Binary Domain suddenly breaks out in a case of the Serious Sams.

7425EF19D72957D364CEA153B19343CB6D5A3A70

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
2:07 AM - Multi-headed Cow: Not only did he die a noble hero, depending on my performance he could've turned on me!

I feel his tragic high trust ending is a good canon one for the series

though I'm definitely going to replay it and make sure MONSIEUR BRO stays on my team

Multi-headed Cow

Monsieur bro can stick with you? Fuck, didn't with me. Binary Domain really is miles ahead of Mass Effect. Was a cakewalk keeping all your crew on the "Suicide mission" in Mass Effect 2. I played Binary Domain to the fullest extent during my first playthrough and lost two bros. :yeah:

Now that I finished it I have to say the story was a hell of a lot more fun than STOP THE REAPER, STOP THE BUG PEOPLE I UNNO LOL BRO, or WHATEVER THE HELL GOES ON IN MASS EFFECT 3 I DIDN'T PLAY IT BUT I GATHER IT MAY BE EVEN STUPIDER THAN THE BUGMEN. The pacing was way better for action movie/videogame, too. Surprised the hell out of me how entirely enjoyable it was.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's getting pretty GoT in the Galaxy. Everyone was fighting everyone in one way or another - when the massive invasion from the other galaxy began (assholes pretended to be refugees).

1g69ao.jpg

At the moment invaders are at the "bottom". Blue is my empire which unfortunately (or fortunately) is the first on their way. Yellow guys are vorlons in the game. I almost began a war with them when invasion happened. Now we are allied.

The problem is though - 80% of my fleet is either retrofitting or on missions. And the "south" is pretty defenseless.

TL;DR - REAPER SHELLS IN THE NIGHT

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's getting pretty GoT in the Galaxy. Everyone was fighting everyone in one way or another - when the massive invasion from the other galaxy began (assholes pretended to be refugees).

1g69ao.jpg
At the moment invaders are at the "bottom". Blue is my empire which unfortunately (or fortunately) is the first on their way. Yellow guys are vorlons in the game. I almost began a war with them when invasion happened. Now we are allied.

The problem is though - 80% of my fleet is either retrofitting or on missions. And the "south" is pretty defenseless.

TL;DR - REAPER SHELLS IN THE NIGHT
What game is that ?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I hate games with female armor version leaving midriff exposed. Totally ruins the (I apologize for using the following word) immersion and makes me feel like the game was made for horny, testosterone-poisoned, pimply-faced teenagers.

MetalCraze

Arcane
What game is that ?

Distant Worlds: Legends

Defending big empires is quite hard actually - since ships do not travel along magical lanes - they can fly anywhere. So the attack can come from any direction.

I also had a civil war on my hands due to attrition - which actually splits empire into two and it's even there in diplo screen as a separate nation

It's good that invaders agree to cease fire rather easily because I can put up some resistance - but they focus on capturing planets of much weaker races instead and succeed.

Twinkle

Liturgist

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I hate games with female armor version leaving midriff exposed. Totally ruins the (I apologize for using the following word) immersion and makes me feel like the game was made for horny, testosterone-poisoned, pimply-faced teenagers.
What game was that, my male gaze requires the information.

Console-only Drakan sequel

Yep. PS2. The fucker is doing it on purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom