Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Rumor: Square Enix Has Axed Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
A nice descendant of FF VIII and they dare to axe it? These bastards.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Meh, I stopped playing the main FF games after 8. All just sucked balls.
Never gonna replicate 6's greatness in any way shape or form, so fuck em.
The tactics and Lion War games were pretty addicting for a while.
But other than that, nothing crazy.
Couldn't stand most of the emo bullshit they started really whipping up in later games.
Plus, the looks of characters. Nobody really gritty or badass. All of em just a bunch of teens with fucked up stupid hair.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That was 6. The numbering was different here in the US. They only released up to that point 3 in the us, but 6 in Japan.
Hence FF6 (3) was the best.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Keep in mind that FF Versus 13 was supposed to be a launch title for the PS3. 6 years later we are half way through the consoles life cycle and it's still not here. The stench of vaporware was strong within this one.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Square Enix Has Axed Final Fantasy Versus XIII

XAVKV.jpg

Norfleet

I point out that A: This is console trash, and B: There is no evidence it ever existed in the first place.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
It truly surprises me that people still play the games. They've changed so much of the core gameplay, added in so many cinematics now, it's just as bad as the Guns of the Patriots debacle that was Metal Gear 4.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The FF games are like the pop-corn of gaming. They are not great, have awful writing and characters but there is good production vallue and you can actually play them without too much pain.

FF14 had horrendous charactters and story, but this series wasnot always that bad. FF6&7 had more than deecent plots and universes, especially in comparison of what were used to these days. 8 had bad story and flawed gameplay, but it is the first and only game I know that did romance in any tolerable way (yes, it is forced but it is not awfully written). And as for FF9, the plot centered around kids was definitely refreshing. And let's not forget to mention FF64s story which had a marvelous opera like presentation. Square used to be inspired.

Since FFX there is not much to save though, I grant you that. The power of mmodern consoles shifted their target audience to 12 years old, and as it looks like, the developers age group too. FF12 had nice gameplay, but that's about it.

Just because it is japanese and succesful doesn't mean it's utter shit, guys. But hey, Codex isCodex Iguess.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
What is Kawazu up to these days? What does he even do anymore? Wasn't his last release Last Remnant? That was 3 years ago. I bet he goes to work and shuffles around the break room trying to look busy and goes home after 2 hours. Please be nice to Kawazu, Square : (

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Video looks like Final Duty: Versus Warfare, total immersion action and engagement of my emotions desu desu kawaii kuronobutokitakihibiki

Norfleet

Didn't they just invent this section? I guess they needed a place to shove all the rampant weeabooism. Mostly, I don't think it matters what the numbering system is, since for the most part none of these games actually have any apparent connection to each other.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...sy-versus-13-still-alive-square-enix-confirms

Final Fantasy Versus 13 still alive, Square Enix confirms. City will "knock you off your feet".

Final Fantasy Versus 13 is still alive, Square Enix has confirmed.

Last week Kotaku claimed the long in development PlayStation 3 action RPG had been cancelled. But Square Enix boss Yoichi Wada said on Twitter today (via Andriasang) that the rumour was "false".

"There's someone making a false rumour that Versus was cancelled," he said. "Haha... just a minute ago, the regular Versus meeting ended. If you saw the presentation of the city, it'd knock you off your feet - lol."

Concern about the game had been brewing after a no-show at E3 last month. Versus 13 was announced in May 2006.

Now, all eyes turn to the Tokyo Game Show, where fans will hope Square Enix re-reveals the game.​

Yoichi probably spread the rumour himself. Nothing creates more hype than a canceled FF, people are still wiping away their tears from FF64 (which was only a tech demo)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom