Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware RPGCodex plays Dungeon Crawl Classics

nikolokolus

Arcane
Siegbert holds his lantern aloft, shakes it gently to guess how much lamp oil remains. "I doon ken how long it'll keep goin' but hopefully it'll do the trick fer now. If wurst comes tae wurst you hoomies can follow behind me or Hob; we sees just fine in the dark."

Alchemist

Arcane
OOC:
I meant Ogin was signalling to Hep to go ahead and open the door - not open it himself. Sorry if that did not come across! I didn't mean to preempt Hep who was waiting patiently.

Ogin, holding his pitchfork ready, nods toward Hep and Poul and says "Carry on and scout ahead - we've got your back."

Ogin, Gylan and Arbin will follow (in that order) about 20' behind Hep and Poul.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry, again! For some reason I wasn't getting any notices that you guys were replying.
"Oh, fantastic." Barry whines. "Darkness".

Pobbin slaps Barry on the back of his head. "Quit yer worrying lad or there'll be more where that came from. Quite a number of us can see in the dark, including your good ol' friend Pobbin... and Wesker over here."

Wesker readies his dagger. "Quite right. But for the boys sake, let's follow Siegbert, as he is holding a lantern." Wesker turns to Siegbert, "Lead the way, good sir."

Barry and Wesker walks in front, Pobbin walks behind them. The trio follows behind Siegbert's group, about 10' away.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Sorry for misreading your post, Alchemist. I wasn't paying close attention to what you wrote.

So, who's going first? Hep apparently wants a torch, but nobody is giving one to him. FYI, Pobbin has a torch. So does Bob, but he got torched in the monument hall.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
OOC: Hep is going first. If he has to make one, Poul has wood and we can tear some clothes from a dead companion in order to create a makeshift one.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Hep tore some clothes off Cepheus' corpse and wrapped them around a piece of wood provided by Poul to create a makeshift torch. The result left much to be desired, but it works, at least for now. With the simple torch in one of his hands and a spear in the other, Hep ventured down the spiral staircase.

The stairway was rather short. Soon, you arrived at a long, narrow room with a door in the far wall. On the walls are several ledges holding miniature clay solders and two stone tables with armies of opposing miniature soldiers laid out around buildings and hills.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Siegbert is carrying the ancient spear (that Nicomedes gave him) and his lantern, which is lit and has been burning for probably something like 3 or 4 turns (at least). Hob is second in line (carrying the big sack of crystals (55 by my count), with Nicomedes bringing up the rear. They are next in line behind Alchemist's crew

Alchemist

Arcane
Ogin, Gylan and Arbin will follow the others down into this room.

"Looks like those wargames the noblemen play..." Gylan says as he walks closer to one of the stone tables. He'll pick up a miniature soldier from the table to take a closer look. Do they seem valuable or are they all just made of clay?

Arbin peaks underneath the tables, on the lookout for any objects of interest besides the figures.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Nicomedes looks at the array of tiny figures and scratches the back of his head a little. "I think I've heard of this sort of thing before. Generals will sometimes lay out little figures to represent the movements of their armies before a great battle. I'm not sure how it helps, but I wonder if this is supposed to represent a battle that was yet to come . . . perhaps a battle now long over? He picks up one of the tiny figures off of the shelf, trying to get a good look at its craftsmanship.

Siveon

Bot
"We should hope it's a battle long over, " Wesker jokes as he walks around both tables, inspecting the scenes laid out before him. "After that little fight with those crystalline monsters I'd rather not try my hand at anything in such a scale. Though this does bring to mind why exactly this was here in the first place."

"Obviously someone with a bit a power ruled here." Barry comments, as he walks alongside Pobbin, who is taking extra care to look for any traps.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
1d20=17
Gylan picked up a clay soldier from the table to have a closer look at it. He was somewhat disappointed to find out that the thing really seems to be mere clay, without any sort of decorations that might have made it valuable. Nicomedes thought the clay soldiers are of decent quality in both craftsmanship and material. Children in the town would be overjoyed to have these, but the merchants probably wouldn't be nearly as excited.

All Wesker could tell was that the miniatures and structures are definitely there to represent a battlefield.

Arbin and Pobbin's search checks (1d20=11, 1d20=13)

Arbin and Pobbin carefully studied the environment around them, but discovered nothing of interest.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Siegbert carefully inspects the room, tapping the walls with the blunt end of his pick as he goes. Tales told of tombs filled with secret treasure rooms, fill his head and he is gripped with a sudden and immediate lust for gold and jewels. He spends up to a full turn doing this.

Depending on what he finds or doesn't find, he'll make his way to the far door

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
1d20=17
Siegbert spent some time knocking different parts of the wall with his pick, but all doing so accomplished with creating the same "THUD" noise every time. Frustrated, the dwarf made his way to the door on the far side of the room. This door, like all others you have encountered since you had entered this place, looks completely generic and normal. Though this one does seem a bit larger and wider than the others.

Alchemist

Arcane
Seeing that there is not much value in the miniature soldiers, Ogin, Gylan and Arbin eventually wander toward the unopened door.

"Lets leave this for the historians to figure out - the battle laid out here certainly doesn't concern us. And there's yet more treasure to be had elsewhere I'm sure." says Gylan as he approaches the door and attempts to open it.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
An enormous, three-tiered chamber spreads before you. You immediately recognized this room - this is the chamber you saw through the now-collapsed pool on the level above. There's a huge hole in the ceilings. The hall is cluttered with debris; a humid air pervades the room. An oversized throne rests upon a raised dais at the far end of the room. A crystal globe atop the throne emits a strange pulsating light, which is illuminating the entire hall. Seated on the throne is a clay statue of warlord that, though damaged, still closely resembles the giant monument you saw earlier. Below the dais at floor level seven statues of clay generals stand motionless. And below them is a huge pit that runs the length of the room, filled with shattered crystals and particularly muddy water.

Strangely, the humanoid things Arbin saw from up there are nowhere to be found... But, seeing all the mud puddles in the pit, you're already getting some ideas as to where they went.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hep moves forward to check out the clay statue. "I hope this one doesn't get up and start zapping everything with death beams."

At the same time, Poul approaches the dais with the seven statues. "I wonder if these were damaged when we collapsed their ceiling."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Siegbert, Hob and Nicomedes enter the room and move to the left, skirting the muddy pool of water and cautiously approach the throne. Siegbert turns his head to Hob and Nicomedes and speaks in a rather loud whisper, "Remember them crystal statues thingies from the last room? Doon let yer guard down." He cocks his spear at the ready, taking aim down the hall and ready to throw it if he spots any movement.

Siveon

Bot
Wesker sighs. "Pity, there is so much to learn about this place. Well, I think we're done here you two, let's go." Pobbin stretches, "Fantastic." The three follow the others into the next room.

Perhaps we'll forget that I forgot to type down this little sentence. :oops:

Wesker comments at the sight of the dias. "Oh, boy. If anything this place has taught me, it's to not trust any statues. Weapons out, everyone." The three unsheathe their weapons.

Barry walks toward the pit, staring down to see if anything is moving. "Anyone else as scared of this place as I am?" Pobbin walks with Barry. "Always the little sunshine, aren't ye lad?" Wesker stays a few feet behind the two, and looks at the statues to see any movement.

Alchemist

Arcane
Gylan, Ogin and Arbin enter the room (in that order).

Gylan has an arrow readied for his bow and warily scans the muddy water as he follows close behind Siegbert's group to the left around the pit.
Ogin grips his pitchfork and appears a bit nervous as he follows behind.

Arbin whispers "It wasn't how it looked when I looked down here before. The things... they're missing!". He holds his walking stick ready and follows behind Ogin, a palpable fear in his expression as he nears the pit.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Water in the pit was so muddy that not even those with infravision could make out anything down there.

Hep and Poul stepped forward to check out the clay warlord and his clay generals. They all have suffered damage from the falling debris - some are so badly damaged that it's a wonder they're still standing at all. The clay generals appear to have their clay armor and clay spears equipped for war.

A great stillness pervades the room. It is the stillness of death; the silence of a tomb. Then, suddenly, the stillness is broken as the clay warlord jerkily raises an arm toward his generals.

Siegbert throws spear at clay warlord [1d16] = 16 (-1d because long range), damage [1d8] = 2

Before Hep and Poul could react to the situation, they heard an excited battlecry from the far side of the hall. The two turned back to see Siegbert hurling his spear at the warlord seated on the throne. At first, it seemed that the attack had little chance to succeed at this distance. But against all odds, the spear flew over the pit, over heads of the clay generals, and struck the clay warlord in his chest.

Silence descended on the chamber once again. The warlord sat frozed on the throne, his arm still raised in air. The generals made no movements, and neither did anyone, or anything in the room.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hob's eyes go wide as Siegbert hurls the spear across the chamber striking the clay figure with a muffled thud, "Oh my goodness! Nice shot Ziggy!" Nicomedes cocks his head and looks at the deformed dwarf quizzically, "Well ... that was something I guess. Lucky for you I lent you my spear." Nicomedes then pushes past the dwarf and cautiously approaches the throne in hopes of retrieving the still quavering spear from the clay warlord. Siegbert lets out a heavy sigh as the surge of adrenaline begins to slacken in his limbs. He then begins a survey of the room looking for any other lurking dangers with his pick held at the ready.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Nicomedes walked up to the throne and pulled the spear out of the clay warlord's chest, leaving only a deep hole. Siegbert's throw would probably have hit his lungs if he had any. Which he doesn't.

Siegbert looks around [1d20] = 16

Siegbert quickly surveyed his surrounding but all he saw was the clay men and the crystal globe on the throne. None of them seems to be making any movements.

Alchemist

Arcane
Gylan, Ogin and Arbin approach the throne area along with the others.

"So, I'm guessing if we tamper with that crystal thing - something bad will happen. But my goodness, it looks very valuable doesn't it!?" says Ogin - obviously smitten with awe at the magically glowing sphere.

Gylan says "I wonder if these fellas will come to life and attack us if we do." as he points to the seven clay statues of the generals. "Maybe we should smash 'em up now to be sure! Siegbert - that pick you've got should do the trick. Anyone have a hammer?"

As the others discuss this - Arbin clambers up onto the dais where the throne sits is and takes a good look around the base area, and even behind the throne (if accessible). Keeping an eye out in particular for any strange markings, writing or stonework slightly out of place.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Poul answers, "I don't have a hammer, but I do have this iron spike in case we find we need to chisel something out... like that crystal."

Hep agrees with Gylan. "Smashing to be sure is a good idea. Also, who knows if there aren't any valuables hidden inside." He moves to help with the smashing endeavor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom