Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware RPGCodex plays Dungeon Crawl Classics

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
The monument stopped rotating when Siegbert ran to its base. The dwarf carefully leaned back against the statue, waiting to see what would happen. After a while the monument resumed pivoting, turning until its finger was pointing towards the southern door once again. It has apparently lost track of Siegbert.

Siegbert probed into the gap with his pickaxe. Though the dwarf could vaguely see some mechanisms through the gap, he couldn't reach them with his pick. Siegbert could try stucking his pickaxe into the gap to prevent the statue from rotating, though he suspect it would not be long before the pick breaks.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Siegbert looks down at the gap between his legs, shrugs and then does his damndest to jam it with his pick. He does his best to retrieve the dangling rope and grappling hook that Cepheus left behind in his haste to join the battle with the crystal automatons.

(If he can free the rope and grapple I've got a part 2 to my plan, which involves anchoring the grapple to the statue's leg, running back to the pool room with the rope in hand and trying to tie it off on something; trying to add an extra amount of reinforcement in preventing its ability to pivot).

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Siegbert retrived the grappling hook, stuck his pick in the gap between the monument's base and the floor, anchored the grappling hook to one of its leg, then started running back to the pool room. Immediately the dwarf heard a ear-piercing noise as the statue tried to pivot but was stuck by the pick.

Siegbert safely made his way back to the pool room. Now, to what will he try to tie the rope? (The most obvious choice is the pillars which surround the empty pool. It will take one turn to tie a knot with the rope.)

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"No reason to wait. Let's run!" Poul announces as he begins to take off for the Siegbert, taking care to head towards the opposite side the statue is facing. "Siegbert, we're moving! Let me help you!" Poul helps hold the rope so the dwarf isn't straining on his own as he ties it off.

Hep guffaws, "C'mon! Last one out is meat!" Hep races for the way out.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Siegbert casts about trying to find a place to tie off the rope when he hears Hep cry out. "Fuck this lads, I doon ken how long th' pick will 'old, and I aint sticking aroon tae find oot. E'ery man for his self!" He then bolts for the exit. Nicomedes grabs Hob by the back of his trousers in one hand and his spear in the other and bolts past the bandy legged dwarf in his haste to catch up to Hep. "You don't have to tell me twice. Come along Hob!" Hob squeals in shock when Nicomedes grasps his belt, "Hey wha ... huh ... who do you think you are Nico? My legs work just fine thankyouverymuch."

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"It seems that's our cue!" Wesker screams as he dashes to the next room. "Run for your unburned life, lad!" Pobbin nudges Barry as he sprints, making sure to keep away from Wesker. "Move it you sods!"

Barry in a daze, makes a confused face, and then runs towards the rest of the group. "Well I suppose this is A alternative..." Barry mutters as he tries to catch up to the rest of the group.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
The party rushed through the narrow doorway one by one, barely avoiding tripping over each other in the process. Almost as soon as the last person went through the doorway, you heard the sound of metal snapping, then the familiar deep bass groaning sound returned to the hall. None of you felt like taking a pause to confirm your suspicion.

Soon you made your way back to the southern room with the four spear-hurling statues. You counted the heads and were surprised to discover that, miraculously, none of you seems to be hurt.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Nicomedes skids into the room huffing and puffing ahead of Siegbert, "Gods Hob. For a wee man you must weigh at least ten stone ... maybe ... you ought to skip a few meals?" he says with a wry look on his face. "Unhand me you brute!" Hob whines at Nicomedes. Siegbert finally bursts throgh the doorway just as the unmistakable 'ping' of broken metal reverberates from the great hall behind him. "Gods balls, but that were close ..." He looks around at those assembled and frowns a little bit. "I guess it be tae bad we cannae go back tae git our fallen mates, but there be nothin' fer it now I s'pose ... but lads we be rich! I say we 'ead back tae the village an' git right an' proper pissed ootae our skulls. First round be on me!" He whistles a little mining tune as he strides for the exit.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"Aye, a few drinks and a little wet dip is what I need, if ya get my meaning." Hep says, all smiles as he also exits.

Poul nods, "That and with some of these weapons I found, it will be a lot safer doing my work out in the woods around the village. Sad about our poor fallen lads, though. I'll tip a mug for them tonight." He follows the others out.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Uh, yeah! Whoops, could've have sworn I updated.

"I'll drink a pint for every single one of 'em. After that, maybe we'll find some time to get their bodies back for a proper burial." Pobbin says. Barry groans jokingly, "And we'll have to deal with THAT statue again. Bah, all this drink talk is making me want to find my bed as soon as possible. This has been a very, very long day."

Wesker chuckles, "Oh, I agree. A nice hot meal couldn't hurt either." The three exits in tandem with the rest of the group.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Reckoning that your business here is concluded, you marched down the entrance hallway, leaving the giant monument behind you.

It was past midnight when you emerged from the entrance hallway into the fresh nighttime air of the outside world. In the distance, the Empty Star was about to sink into horizon. You turned back and saw that the portal which brought you into the mysterious dungeon was gone; the monoliths of the old stone mounds have returned to being mere rock. You wonder if you would ever be able to return to the complex.

A total of seventeen of you came here, - it was seventeen right? You're pretty sure it was seventeen, - and only eleven managed to return alive. However, the survivors among you felt themselves more experienced, more courageous, and of course more wealthy than they had ever dared hoping.

Carrying and dragging your shares of the haul with you, you began the long journey to home. For some of you this moment marked the end of your adventuering career, whereas for others it was only the beginning.

THE END

5 spears
4 suits of decorated scale armor
1 suit of ordinary scale armor
95 crystals
1 crystal ball of continuous light
1 bronze rod with half a demon head
1 copper brazier
1 longsword
1 long bow
1 quiver with 40 arrows
1 battleaxe
1 Grimoire

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom