Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview RPG Codex Exclusive Interview: bitComposer's Take on the Chaos Chronicles Dispute

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
@HobGoblin42 The real question is not when you started working on Chaos Chronicles, but when they started paying you to work on it.

Jashiin

Arcane
I've sent Grunker our official statement, I guess it will bring some enlightement.

And as I already mentioned, his facts are not entirely wrong, but he 'forgot' to mention our ongoing works on the JA:BiA products until July 2012. And those (additional) works were the reason why the original time schedule for 'Chaos Chronicles' became obsolete. By not mentioning that, the developer looks like a lazy bunch of unorganized amateurs.

Would contractual obligations to your investors regarding your new project get in the way of a hypothetical finishing of chaos chronicles ?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've sent Grunker our official statement, I guess it will bring some enlightement.

I have to RUN out the door right now, but it's posted in staff forums, and I'll look at getting it posted tonight/send you some interview questions first.

kaizoku

Arcane
What really needs to be done...

RIqsUGz.png

kaizoku

Arcane
only after posting I noticed I was missing the most important thing...

2bo00Mk.png

nobody works for free

AbounI

Colonist
Patron

And as I already mentioned, his facts are not entirely wrong, but he 'forgot' to mention our ongoing works on the JA:BiA products until July 2012. And those (additional) works were the reason why the original time schedule for 'Chaos Chronicles' became obsolete. By not mentioning that, the developer looks like a lazy bunch of unorganized amateurs.
Perhaps you could also inform the Game Inquirer too, for the completion of his petition
Thanks anyway Hobgob for allowing some approach.

:bro:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Way to decline the prestige of this prestigious magazine, slowpoke.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Update: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...t-in-response-to-bitcomposer-interview.85539/

Contrary to GamesInquirer, we weren't sure we'd like to just post a statement uncritically without having a look at it first and seeing if any obvious questions came to mind that we wanted to drill Coreplay on before releasing the statement. I was on my way to work (where I get paid, contrary to this 'dex thing). Now that GamesInquirer have done it however, we'll wait and see.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

If I understand correctly, the only reason Grunker asked for a "statement" and not a full-blown interview in the first place is because he believed (mistakenly or not) that Coreplay weren't interested in an interview.

Today we discovered that they actually would agree to an interview, so we wanted to do that instead of just posting a statement. But as Grunker said, it looks like they really want to get that statement out, so...

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Thanks to all coreplay crew.
For me it clear that bC want the butter, money of the butter and of course the dairy's ass

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
In bitComposer’s recent statements they mentioned a meeting on July 24 2013. Before this meeting took place, bitComposer had already declined to sign any agreement in this meeting. But what is the point of negotiations if one party has no intention of reaching an agreement? As we did not want to experience a repetition of the lengthy and fruitless negotiations of May 31 2013 without any outcome, we did not attend the meeting.
To me, this is really amateurish. You're trying to save the project you've been working on for years, how can going to a meeting be a waste of time, just because they will not sign anything on the same day? It's extremely rare for any meeting to end up with a new contract being written and signed immediately, companies have huge lawyer armies that need to check everything and all that... SIGN NOW OR FUCK YOU is a really stubborn attitude, especially considering their position...

Besides, even going there just to set a date for another meeting and drinking coffee would be more productive than staying in office, working on a game that can't be released...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
@felipepepe

It's hostile posturing for its own sake. I agree it is no fun to go into a meeting at a disadvantage but its better than just ignoring it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom