Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Roguelike Updates - FreedroidRPG, JADE, 3079

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Jason, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Freedroid

<p>Larpingdude and Matthias would like you to know that <a href="http://www.freedroid.org/news/news-detail/article/freedroidrpg-015rc1-is-out/" target="_blank"><strong>FreedroidRPG</strong></a> made it to 0.15rc1. Here's some of the changes:</p>
    <blockquote>A new way of commanding your army of take-over droids is available: Multi-Bot Broadcast. Now you can issue one command to all of your droids that are on the same map level, making management of a large number of bots much simpler.<br />Loading a saved game saw a dramatic performance increase.<br />Armor rules were improved: armor gives you damage reduction. Hit/miss is handled separately.<br />The Network Mapper in-game program has been added: It displays all the enemies on the current level on the automap for a short time. Remember, you need to have the automap enabled and turned on (default key TAB) to use the skill!<br />Positional audio was implemented: now you can tell where and how far away that pesky droid is!<br />The level editor interface was improved, making the process of level creation much simpler and more intuitive: map labels, enemies and their relevant information can be placed, moved around and edited inside the editor and using the mouse, rather through a text file.<br />The user interface now properly handles various screen resolutions and aspect ratios (this is still a work-in-progress however).<br />Damage is now calculated and applied to NPCs only when the weapon actually lands, greatly improving the feeling of the slower weapons such as the sledgehammer.</blockquote>
    <p><br />There's a creepy sounding bug fix for Thomas Biskup's <a href="http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2011/11/jade-022-has-been-released.html" target="_blank"><strong>JADE</strong></a>:</p>
    <blockquote>The major bug fix is about corpse rotting: Too many message were generated and required a (more) prompt. As a consequence the game experience was completely ruined as soon as the first corpse started to rot.</blockquote>
    <p><br />And <a href="http://sites.google.com/site/3079game/" target="_blank"><strong>3079</strong></a>, a "blocky action RPG" that namechecks Minecraft and Fallout 3, is at v2pre5.1:</p>
    <blockquote>The year is 3079.<br /><br />Many planets are being discovered full of life. One newly discovered planet has been unusually stricken with constant war. You have been sent to this planet to find out why.<br /><br />Think of 3079 as an independent, original and unique combination of Minecraft and Fallout 3 (both great games I recommend!).* 3079 is a sequel to my older games, 3059 and 3069.</blockquote>
    ^ Top  
  2. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    I can't wait to play the totally original game 3079, PRICE REDUCED WHILE IN BETA -- NOW ONLY $8.99 -- ALL FUTURE UPDATES INCLUDED! What a deal.
    ^ Top  
  3. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    Has anyone played freedroid? Is it the kind of turn based experience the Kodex Kraves?
    As is, should I momentarily set aside ToEE and play it?

:salute:
    ^ Top  
  4. covr Savant

covr
    ^ Top  
  5. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    What makes TOME worth trying?
    ^ Top  
  6. covr Savant

covr
    No potions, loads of really interesting features (many races/classes/talent trees, no monster regeneration, good interface & nice looking tilestet), active community and many updates. Read first post and decide by yourself http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28895
    ^ Top  
  7. Oriental European Learned

Oriental European
    Damn, TOME sure has impressive GFX and SFX for a roguelike. Those isometric dungeon walls create nice sense of... well, dungeon.

Nice interface options, restart with same character is really useful. Character development also looks interesting, but i can't say much, played only one p.short game with an archer. Definitely worth checking out.

Edit: and when you have low amount of HPs the screen turns red, just like in modern shooters :lol:
    ^ Top  
  8. covr Savant

covr
    Yeah, be sure to check other classes. They are completely different. I'm currently playing alchemist - it's something really different from other rougelikes/crpgs.
    ^ Top  
  9. Noddy Scholar

Noddy
    Problem with TOME is that it's either a shitty rougelike or a mediocre arpg.The lack of real randomisation, how long the dungeons(for a rougelike) are and the fact there's no real chance of death except when fighting bosses make it so fucking grindy and reptetive with perma on. If you play without perma on then it's just mindless hack and slash with an okish character system.

Droid looks good. Will try.
    ^ Top  
  10. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    I'll repeat, anyone played droids?
    ^ Top  
  11. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    Played Freedroid a while back. Combat is real time and boring. Story may as well not be there. A little C&C action at times, but nothing special. People often compare it to Fallout. I guess the dialogue mechanics could be considered similar, but that´s about it. Overall rather fun to waste some time on.
    ^ Top  
  12. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    Real time?

Eeeeeeeeew.
    I'll stick to MW3 when I want to pop moles, NOT AN ISO RPG.
    :obviously:
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)