Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't like the remastered games of Microsfot, so I'd rather buy them on steam or GOG, if were available.

Edit: Fuck it, this game is amazing, I buy it anyway, I don't own the original.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
it's a superb game, one of the best RTS ever made imo.

of course microsoft will just use this for money laundering, so dont buy.

But...but....Steam Cards and Achievements!

And yeah, I have RoN Gold on CD already...so Morgoth....add another voice to the FUCKING GREAT GAME brigade.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the Codex Consensus about these Microsoft remasters anyway? Do they keep the gameplay intact? Do they mess up the graphics?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
lol this game is

really good
Not_bad_6c5864896c429c3cb479e1585a1a90e4-1.gif

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
This was the first game I ever saw reviewed on X Play, eons ago. Then I went out and bought it and it was awesome. Just reinstalled it in like 2011 and replayed and it still worked in WIndows 7 then out of the box.

It really is probably the the best RTS ever, or the best "Age of Empires" style RTS anyway.

Destroid

Arcane
Excellent game as others have said, easily my favourite from the Age of Empires style RTS games. Unfortunately Rise of Legends is shitty.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Rise of Legends, when they announced it, looked sweet. But then it didn't deliver what they promised.

Rise of Nations, though, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Good game.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I missed the expansion back in the day, so I only have vanilla. Is the Throne and patriots expansion worth paying for the overpriced extended edition?

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
I missed the expansion back in the day, so I only have vanilla. Is the Throne and patriots expansion worth paying for the overpriced extended edition?

I can't remember exactly what it adds, gameplay wise, but it added some native nations and Murica.

Modron

Arcane
Always wanted to play this back in the day but never got around to purchasing or acquiring it so will wait for the KKK on the moneygrab version.

sser

Arcane
Developer
This game plays just fine today - and it's still quite good, too.

Who is getting the cash for these re-releases? Shit is like printing money.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh I liked RoL though it was more conventional so I understand the rage. I like storyfag type RTS games as well and the factions in RoL, so would like to see that re-released on Steam, even as a normal game. Act of War games I'd also like to see. They were fun. But they are in Atari hell like the fucking AD&D games...

While we're at it, I'd give my left nut for HD re-releases of the Microprose and EA/Jane's sims from the 90's on Steam. Drool...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The fourth screenshot on Steam is just so... RTS. You know, like back in the days when dinosaurs RTS games ruled the world. Makes me wish someone would finally re-release Emperor: Battle for Dune.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Very fun game in the AoE style. At the time, they made much of the Civ-style features, but it's still pretty much a standard RTS, but with cities and borders. One turn-based element is the single-player "Conquer the World" mode, where you move troops around on a map before getting the battle started. In the original version, this was just a world map with all the civilisations on it.

The expansion added different Conquer the World campaigns, including Napoleon, Cold War, etc. These were quite fun, but I ended up playing multiplayer with friends more than anything. They also added government civics.

Destroid

Arcane
The fourth screenshot on Steam is just so... RTS. You know, like back in the days when dinosaurs RTS games ruled the world. Makes me wish someone would finally re-release Emperor: Battle for Dune.

I never gave Emperor the time of day, the complete disregard for canon pissed me off and Dune 2000 was poor.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I never gave Emperor the time of day, the complete disregard for canon pissed me off and Dune 2000 was poor.
If you ask me, Emperor was the pinnacle of Westwood's Dune/Command & Conquer RTS games. Right down to having best Westwood music:

(eep derail)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom