Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
and of course

4. Tell him to shut the fuck up and get back to hauling those granite chunks. Bro can still do his job, he's just slow.

Beastro

Arcane
and of course

4. Tell him to shut the fuck up and get back to hauling those granite chunks. Bro can still do his job, he's just slow.

Or take off all the legs, sit her on a pet bed and just produce milk for you without the risk of her running outside getting harmed ever again.

Yet another one of those hilariously immoral, yet effective things in this game you can do.

Caravans....

If that means the larger world is finally being put in game then I can't wait for when I can start raiding others myself.

circ

Arcane
Hitting some shit bugs after updating to beta. Earlier no one wanted to chop wood, but that may have been because I kept trying to kill off an annoying wanderer join.

This time I can chop wood just fine. Except having chopped about 100 of them, no logs appear. Worked fine earlier. Maybe they're small trees? Yeah, after 100 at least one log should appear you'd think. Reloading doesn't do shit.

edit: may have been beaver fuckery

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird, I've never seen a bug that egregious in this game. Are you using mods?

Their forums are here and pretty active if that helps.

circ

Arcane
Well psychopath is broken. I left my sibling something to die in an earlier crash land. Still got mood hit.

Now, my spouse crashed, so I did what anyone would - harvest their lungs. Now I'm depressed.

What's the point again?

AND IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING. CAN'T PUT HUMAN LUNGS INTO A DOG WITH ASTHMA. YOU SUCK FUTURE MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY. WELL BETTER BUTCHER BEFORE I GET ANOTHER FUCKING MOOD HIT FROM GETTING BONDED AND APPARENTLY GIVING A SHIT.

Too late. Bond didn't matter. WEIRD. Well let's eat dog.

Mortmal

Arcane
So, does anyone think this is a great game as it is? For more than a few hours?
Yes this is worth a good 180 hours before getting bored. Its true old school pc gaming , highly recomended.Buy it today have fun and celebrate Trump victory.

Zombra

Patron
So, does anyone think this is a great game as it is? For more than a few hours?
Buy it today have fun and celebrate Trump victory.

By building a giant wall and grabbing all female colonists by the pussy? :)
Exactly! One alpha male , only female colonists , and one big wall to protect your colony. Thats very doable .
Can't be done right though. No art in the game can come close to that "hair".

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't be done right though. No art in the game can come close to that "hair".
Modders will fix that, likely soon.
Talking about mods and art - there are some texture mods, that much I found out, but is there a mod to change the character sprites? So far how they look has hold me back from getting the game, I would rather have DF extended ASCII type characters for depicting things than Rimworld's aesthetics.

circ

Arcane
Psychopath is kinda crap. Nice moneys to be had from organ harvesting and all, but your non psychos will start having issues with it.

Anyway. The game could use more sci-fi. As it is, it's a building sim on a very earth-like planet. Nothing particularly unique about any of the fauna other than visually. Usual stock pew pew. Research options are nothing to write home about.

And def new art assets, and could use some combat touch ups. Combat right now doesn't require you to do much more than sit in cover and wait for the gunfire to die out. Also music, although not bad, doesn't really convey anything about the game's concept.

edit: oh also, prison break. How does a prisoner with both arms blown off manage to manipulate a lock to escape?? Twice.

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Psychopath is kinda crap. Nice moneys to be had from organ harvesting and all, but your non psychos will start having issues with it.
Maybe it isn't meant to be an "I Win" button? Who would have thought? :?

Nothing particularly unique about any of the fauna other than visually.
Well, you do have boomrats and thrumbos for a little variety. I don't think the intention is for every animal to be a thrilling new boss fight; they're just there as part of the environment like the 10 different kinds of trees.

Combat right now doesn't require you to do much more than sit in cover and wait for the gunfire to die out.
:lol: What difficulty are you playing on?

circ

Arcane
Easiest because I like to build. I'd imagine harder difficulties follow the rule of - add more HP because LOOOL, more enemies, and they probably try to flank you so you're more likely to want to build a base surrounded by obstacles. What's the difference.

I turned some of the annoying shit off - maniac animals constantly bullshitting you. I mean it's a little variety but to have a deer YOLOing all the time gets annoying. If they did something else it might be interesting, but the current mode is just yawn.

Zombra

Patron
What's the difference.
It makes a huge difference. Don't play on "nothing happens" mode and then complain that nothing happens.
dunce.gif

circ

Arcane
Are you serious, again. Are you telling me it's going to throw the most advanced enemy AI ever seen in my face when I up the difficulty? Please. It's going to increase HP, trigger frequency and enemy numbers. At this point I've seen all the encounters, and if it matters, I've done other difficulties when I was starting out. There's not a lot to see there. As a whole it doesn't matter because of other elements, but don't single out the combat as something amazing because that's you talking out of your ass.

I tried a desert mountain biome. Well I thought it would be, but for some fucked up reason it got a cold snap. Luckily I had drop pods drop fabric at one point. I picked kind of a shit spot but it wouldn't have mattered. Fucking short circuits are bullshit. I survived several waves of starvation, even resorting to cannibalism. Well, it wasn't my idea. So eventually I get me a sweet cave hydro farm of potatoes. Constant short circuits just take any kind of fun out of it.

I start a new colony, similar set-up of desert mountain. Disable short circuits because it can go fuck itself. Where ever I dig, I discover goddamn rooms or roofless caves that screw up my design plans. Well fuck you game.

Zombra

Patron
It's going to increase HP, trigger frequency and enemy numbers.
And you would have to use a fucking strategy, because that would be hard, yet you're complaining that there's no need for strategy because you play on thumb sucker mode. As long as that thumb stays in your mouth, you need to shut the fuck up.

orcinator

Liturgist

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Easiest because I like to build. I'd imagine harder difficulties follow the rule of - add more HP because LOOOL, more enemies, and they probably try to flank you so you're more likely to want to build a base surrounded by obstacles. What's the difference.

I turned some of the annoying shit off - maniac animals constantly bullshitting you. I mean it's a little variety but to have a deer YOLOing all the time gets annoying. If they did something else it might be interesting, but the current mode is just yawn.

Quite a lot of things can happen:
-Sieges where they just build up mortars and bombard your happy little settlement to pieces
-Tunnelers that instead of running towards your most likely well-fortified entrance just dig/blow their way into it
-Space-Pirates literally drop into your backyard with drop-pods

Not to mention that a lot of times they are vastly outnumbering and outgunning you in regards to decent shooters, quality of armor/weaponry, and will often send in their melee fighters with personal shields first. Or maybe they just set fire to everything and smoke you out. As Zombra mentioned, you cant really be surprised that the game is easy on easy.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
All that shit sounds pretty awesome. Just picked it up a few days ago, having fun so far on the second easiest difficulty, ironman of course. Had to restart quite a few times, at first because I didn't understand some basic things like the fact that you can farm dirt without the need for seeds or that you can use different materials for walls right off the bat, and after I got the hang of things the game trolled me with some truly shit starting crews as well, like only having one person willing to do manual labour, and it being the same person that can do all the important skill based stuff while some douche sheriff just pisses everyone off and contributes nothing and the other is a worthless pop idol. Might start doing the tribal start instead; starting with solar panel tech makes a lot of stuff just irrelevant (components and steel seem way too easy to get, especially components) and I feel like having 5 bodies from the start would take a lot of the shitty RNG out of the equation.

Zombra

Patron
Had to restart quite a few times ... the game trolled me with some truly shit starting crews as well, like only having one person willing to do manual labour, and it being the same person that can do all the important skill based stuff while some douche sheriff just pisses everyone off and contributes nothing and the other is a worthless pop idol. ... I feel like having 5 bodies from the start would take a lot of the shitty RNG out of the equation.
FWIW you can reroll individual colonists before game start. Completely randomized assholes or dream team scientist/farmer/crafter is up to you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom