Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil HD Remaster announced

bonescraper

The day Capcom stops adding boob physics and sexy alternate costumes will be the day i'll stop buying their games.

They can release remakes of other 2 games from original RE trilogy, I'd be more than fucking fine with it. Milk away Capcom! I'd love for someone to milk first Silent Hill games in the same way too.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
What the hell, they added boob physics? :lol:

The breasts physics are already in the original gamecube version.:smug:

The PC version of the HD looks very nice and smooth. It's a shame that the PS4/ONE versions does not runs on 60 fps lol.

What the hell, they added boob physics? :lol:
Darkside Chronicles does have boob physics... in zombies.

And butts. Don't forget the butts:

claires+booty.gif

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'd love for someone to milk first Silent Hill games in the same way too.
After the HD re-releases showed me how much Konami cares about any of their IP's besides Metal Gear Solid, I'd rather they stayed right the fuck away from the originals beyond just straight ports of the originals.

SH2 and SH3 still look fine, graphics don't need to be changed, but SH2 could really use some tweaks to make it work better with modern systems. Not sure if SH3 has those issues. SH1, however, could really use a visual upgrade and higher quality audio. It looks pretty bad even compared to other PS1 titles.

I'd love for someone to milk first Silent Hill games in the same way too.
Why? Those games still look good on modern PCs. And there's even an unofficial PC version of the first game.

SH2 and SH3 look good, SH1 looks like utter dogshit. Even for its time. When's the last time you played SH2? Last time I tried I had all sorts of crashes and audio glitches. Then there's need to turn off some graphics options if you want to have antialiasing in it. I'd also wouldn't mind if it supported modern gamepads better. SH2 could really use some adjustments, despite still looking quite good. I haven't tried SH3 lately but there's probably some issues to be found with it as well.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Visual, audio, and performance tweaks I'm fine with, but I don't want them to re-do the games like they re-did REmake, since Konami's track record with Silent Hill thus far has been far from stellar. Hell, if anything I'd argue that REmake was itself a bit of a fluke, seeing as Zero was a joke and Outbreak was mediocre at best.

bonescraper

SH2 and SH3 look good, SH1 looks like utter dogshit. Even for its time. When's the last time you played SH2? Last time I tried I had all sorts of crashes and audio glitches. Then there's need to turn off some graphics options if you want to have antialiasing in it. I'd also wouldn't mind if it supported modern gamepads better. SH2 could really use some adjustments, despite still looking quite good. I haven't tried SH3 lately but there's probably some issues to be found with it as well.
I played some SH2 less than a month ago. It ran fine, but i didn't play much.

I never had any issues with how SH1 looked like. And i originally played it on friend's PSX. This was one of the first games with detailed nonlinear city environments done in full 3D. I was actually quite impressed back then. It still looks fine for a PSX game in my book.

I never had any issues with how SH1 looked like. And i originally played it on friend's PSX. This was one of the first games with detailed nonlinear city environments done in full 3D. I was actually quite impressed back then. It still looks fine for a PSX game in my book.

Well.. I can't agree, I think it looks terrible. Plus like I said before, audio quality.. It's really bad in SH1 too, and sound is very important part of these games as well, so that could also use an upgrade.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Modern consoles can't even maintain a steady 30(!!!)fps at 1080p for a 13 year old game :lol:

Modern consoles can't even maintain a steady 30(!!!)fps at 1080p for a 13 year old game :lol:

Where did you get this from? Listed requirements for this are the same as RE4 Ultimate edition and I ran that one maxed at 60 fps on a GTX460 no problem. This can't be true.

Explorerbc

Arcane
That cast part in the intro was fucking badass. They don't make them like this anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom