Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebindable Keys

Holy Cow

Is there any intention of adding this to the game at some point? It would be p. nice

particularly for me, since my middle mouse button doesn't work, i can't pan the camera.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There are not as far as I know, but the devs are now focusing on adding minor stuff to the game and let's hope that's going to be one of those.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Is there any intention of adding this to the game at some point? It would be p. nice

particularly for me, since my middle mouse button doesn't work, i can't pan the camera.
Yes you can unless your keyboard is missing a ctrl key too. Hold ctrl and move your mouse to the edges of the screen and voila.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mean, you can also use wsad + qe + rf for the camera controls, but still no rebinding.

Perkel

Arcane

wasd + e q is superior control of camera

epeli

Arcane
Oh yes, rebindable keys would indeed make the game a lot more polished. To be honest, I was surprised this little feature didn't make it into the initial release version.

Since the game doesn't come with a manual, at the very least list all keyboard shortcuts somewhere in-game! You can get some from UI button tooltips and help, but not everything. Most of the keybinds are pretty obvious, but having to guess them is still a nasty flaw. A quick internet search didn't find any keybind lists and looks like they aren't even listed in prefs.cs.

Some unlisted keys:
Tab - toggle interactive object highlighting
T - crafting menu
A - alchemy menu (only in inventory)
F5 - quicksave
F9 - quickload
Tilde - open console
Ctrl at screen edge - hold to control camera with mouse
1 - fast attack
2 - normal attack
3 - power attack
(no shortcuts for aimed attacks?)

The keys you can scrape together from the UI and help:
I - inventory
C - character
J - journal
M - map
ESC - main menu
F1 - help
Space - end turn/combat
Ctrl+Z - center camera on PC
WASD, QE, RF - camera controls
Mouse3 - hold to control camera with mouse

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Niektory

one of some
Patron
You can use AutoHotkey to rebind the keys.

This script rebinds middle mouse button to left Ctrl when AoD window is active. You can rotate the camera with Ctrl anyway, but if you prefer the middle mouse button behavior, which doesn't require you to move the mouse to the edge of the screen, you can use this.
Code:
#IfWinActive ahk_class TorqueJuggernaughtWindow
LCtrl::MButton
#IfWinActive

valcik

Arcane
Keyboard shortuct for saving/calling camera preset would be great. Right now my carefuly set camera angle and orientation changes after any dialogue - talking with merchant for instance is enough to have your camera repositioned so you have to manually move it back to the desired position. This is annoying and very repetitive after a while in a game which consist most of dialogues. I can figure out that such feature is not easy task to implement and fully test, so this is more a suggestion to any future projects than a request for AoD. Also, keyboard shortuct binded to "Delete" button in the Save/Load menu would be nice, because deleting several entries one-by-one after restarting the game would be much easier then. (Or I am missing some obvious option to delete all your saved positions for a particular character at once?)

Note for fanboys: Yes, I've been told already that complaining about camera is RETARTET thing done by RETARTS so do not repeat yourself and save your breath, will you?

Johannes

Arcane
(no shortcuts for aimed attacks?)
This is terrible. I don't think any weapon has >10 attack modes (could be wrong here), so binding them all to 1-0 in the order they are in the menu would make perfect sense and make combat quite notably faster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom