Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed RCT2: Succession Game

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Poking sexbad

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Fahhhk.

I forgot about this. I did a year but it was so crappy that I decided I would do it over later. I will have some time away from my schoolwork tomorrow, though.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
I demand MOAR! Come to think of it, I might want to be added to the queue myself, after you finish the current scenario.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I demand MOAR! Come to think of it, I might want to be added to the queue myself, after you finish the current scenario.

Just let me know if you're sure about being added and I'll add you.

Fahhhk.

I forgot about this. I did a year but it was so crappy that I decided I would do it over later. I will have some time away from my schoolwork tomorrow, though.

How's it coming along?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
All right. I've been in a shitty mood. I've tried this twice already but haven't been able to make anything entertaining. I'm trying again right now.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
All right. I've been in a shitty mood. I've tried this twice already but haven't been able to make anything entertaining. I'm trying again right now.
Do anything then. Worst case you're gonna be so bad it'll be funny.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I was pretty dull and unfunny even by Codex standards. Now I made references to popular things so it's okay.

Here we have Codexia, recovering from the JCD patriarchy of TYOOL 2. It's time to whip it into shape.

SCR2.jpg

I'm pretty worn out already from my first two tries, so I feel like something simple to attract the proles.

SCR3.jpg

SCR6.jpg

The orange on blue contrast works well, but the average girl cannot handle its intensity, so we'll have to tone it down.

SCR8.jpg

We've shortened the ride, so now it's not so hard to swallow.

SCR9.jpg

Based on consumer feedback we have shortened Call of Duty 6 so that our guests will have an easier time digesting afterward. It is slightly shorter.

SCR10.jpg

SCR15.jpg

Marketing is key, by the way.

SCR17.jpg

That's important when you're dealing with iterative sequels. We tried releasing two map packs for Call of Duty 6 but were called out by our legal department, saying that they were nearly indistinguishable (for some reason I couldn't name the second one "Call of Duty 6 Map Pack 2"), so we just said fuck it and released the other simultaneously as a direct sequel.

SCR18.jpg

We had a visitor calling himself sexbad who showed up shouting "BEARS." We think he was trying to sign up for a job as a panda suited entertainer.

SCR22.jpg

Again we have begun advertising our new attractions and other aspects of the park. There has been a significant impact since the last marketing campaigns began.

SCR24.jpg

It seems that Call of Duty 6 appeared to be the runt of the litter, although some are still dedicated to the content released in the map pack.

SCR26.jpg

Now we introduce our newest installment, Call of Duty: Ghosts, which features appropriate pacing for the expanding girl audience and appropriate nearby theming.

SCR27.jpg

We're off to a lukewarm start. We have a lot invested in this attraction, so it may determine whether we sink or swim.
SCR30.jpg

...Oh.

SCR35.jpg

This is our best attraction yet, rivaling its predecessor, MHD.

SCR36.jpg

And before our administration departs, it is time to do marketing for a third and final time.

SCR37.jpg

Goodbye, Codexia.

And like any good executive, it wasn't until after the fact (about halfway through touching up this post) that I realized that my park rating plummeted. With my pathetic cash grabs and audience attraction (which both worked), I have successfully and singlehandedly brought the decline upon Codexia!

So how's it gonna be, Berekän?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/196390420/rctsuccessiongame/CodexiaSEXBADEND.SV6

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
How...how did the park rating plummet so low? I don't think I've ever seen it that low.

Still, the Call of Duty roto-drops were pretty hilarious, especially the Ghost Observation Tower.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
How...how did the park rating plummet so low? I don't think I've ever seen it that low.

Still, the Call of Duty roto-drops were pretty hilarious, especially the Ghost Observation Tower.
I opened my save file and did some investigation. About half of the people in the park want to leave but can't find their way around. I'm not sure how to combat that, since there are information kiosks selling maps everywhere. I also looked a little closely and noticed that a lot of things were vandalized, like benches and trash cans. Maybe replacing them will help out the park?? Little news blips also mentioned litter problems, but there are like six fucking handymen already.
SCR38.jpg

SCR39.jpg

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yeah, sorry about that. Been busy editing some videos and stuff, if it's not done by wednesday feel free to drop me out of the line.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Codexia Theme Park: Year 4

Here we are in Codexia after taking over sexbad's administration of last year. We've been called by the board of directors after ratings for the park plummeted last year. Let's take a look.

oeuajLH.png

Park value keeps going up, we could just sell everything and run to Siberia before we take a hit there, but the theme park mafia would surely find us.

Wl1C4fm.png

Profit keeps going steady, kind of.

fpEzbaz.png

Aha, finally we spot the problem. After so many releases of Call of Duty, the architects left a critical bug on the system. The path was broken and people couldn't get back to their homes. Here we've already solved the problem and people are starting to get back to their homes, after months of kidnapping.

Wh0pn6C.png

Was this an accident or was it a plot from sexbad to keep an army of mindless slaves before ITZ arrives? Guess we'll never know since sexbad lost his mind and know he's wandering through the park in a giant panda bear costume. Here's all the people running to their homes, our number of guests is going to take a big hit.

E2lIFRi.png

Now it's time to start building some new rides to bring back all the people we've lost, almost 400 by now. Luckily our park rating's getting better by the time, people are eager to forget it seems.

We must take a loan from the bank before we build the Circlejerker.

yVpTvy6.png

We get the first ratings from our new ride. Circlejerking's not as exciting as I thought at first, somebody should tell the WCDS. We'll see how well it fares long term.

pNoYkfX.png

Circlejerker seems to be doing fine and since a roller coaster of this kind is very cool to build, I decide to make another one. Hopefully I'll make it more intense this time. Since I have to rebuild it a few times and I'm still not happy with the final result, I name it in honor of Realms of Arkania, which has been through like a billion patches already. And looks like our coaster is going the same way, since our first test produces a crash.

fcNi4V2.png

We rebuild that section and we make another test, this time we don't get any crashes so we're good to go!

V5IFsVA.png

Let's see what our ratings say! Hopefully it's a bit more intense than circlejerker.

88jGmfc.png

:hmmm:

MrIZRKj.png

People don't even want to get close to the ride, good lord what have I done. Meanwhile, let's check how's Circlejerker doing

hA6STHo.png

92% popularity and 75% satisfaction, not bad. It's far from being full though, for some reason people don't reach this area of the park that easily, they're probably scared of all the Call of Dutys. Also, we've finally done our final version of Realms of Arkania.

1vgNNls.png

At 11 intensity it's still a bit too high but I can't do better without expending what's left of our budget. We should do something with that, by the way, we've put some more attractions and stands on the park so I think we can put a 8€ increase on the tickets.

mH0IxNS.png

Things are going slow but we're not at a loss yet, luckily. We're at the maximum loan the bank will let us take so that will definitely cut on our approach. We can't build more rides with that budget so for the moment we'll focus on building shops and food stalls.

rdP6H5z.png

And so, ends our year, faster than I expect 'cause I didn't know it jumped straigth from October to March. We recovered a bit of our park rating, thanks to freeing up all those hostages.

lXrmjye.png

F5gkTC6.png

I'm afraid I left a bad year for our next player, taking almost all the budget :/ Oh well, tried to fix it a bit putting some more stalls but profit should come slowly.

[Save file]
for Skunkpew

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
marketing, marketing!!!

also i checked and double checked those fucking paths because of all the queues i put on top of them. im so sorry

Skunkpew

Augur
Very nice work so far.
It's time to bring this to the finish line. I may not have tons of money to work with, but I'm positive I can stuff another 400 guests into this thing we call a park, either they like it or not.

Skunkpew

Augur
CODEXIA YEAR 5

With one year left, it’ll take some delicate work to succeed. So far, Codexia has been drawing about 200 people each year, we’re going to need to double that to reach the minimum requirement by the end of this year. Codexia has endured all sorts of disasters in its short time, ride explosions, mass vomitings, forceable confinement and the inevitable onslaught of Call of Duty sequels. All these troubles have sapped the energy of the guests. Will Codexia survive?

But Codexia must prevail. If it fails, all that will be left to service the good people of the land is RPGWatch-World and the carnies at the Kotaku County Fair.

Although we need 400 guests this year, we also need a park rating of 600 to succeed. Although the rating has slowly recovered from the troubles of the previous years, it's still fairly low. Typical Codexians, they get exactly what they ask for and still aren’t happy
leqd.png

The award for Most Cynical Park seemed to have already expired...maybe we can win again this year
3eta.png

Although the guests of Codexia are known for their superiority over the guests who visit other parks, yet they often suffer from repressed anger issues, resulting in an abnormal number of broken benches and broken lamps. These all need to be fixed or replaced in order to increase guest satisfaction. And our funds are running low
p5zh.png

What else could go wrong? While waiting in the queues, the guests get so bored that they happen to check out the Bioware message forums. As such, they’ve left a disgusting mess all over the place. New handymen have been hired to deal with the situation
b4vs.png

At the outset of this new year, we spent our last dollars on marketing Codexia to a new, younger audience. The first of many marketing campaigns
wgu1.png

To further encourage people to come to the park, the entry price was chopped in half. We already milked the Day One Purchasers, now it's time to let the others have the exact same for half-price. Maybe not a smart business practice, but sometimes you need to throw away money to make money. But don't worry. We'll make the profit back on the $16.00 umbrellas.
vojb.png

Despite the protests of our Jew overlords, we had to finally relent and allow free entry into the bathrooms. This change went hand-in-hand with the new marketing campaign. The guests were tired of peeing into cups, and some were already starting to walk funny, especially with the influx of drink kiosks. Don’t these people realize that we've installed self-flushing toilets into the bathrooms? They should check their privilage, and feel honored to pay for the right to piss in them.

hg9g.png

It was also decided to make the pathways less complex, for the guests were confused by the constant need to choose where to go in the park. Numerous 'do not enter' signs were installed to prevent the guests from getting lost. Studies have statistically shown that they prefer the park to be more linear
ls12.png

Almost immediately after allowing the peasants to piss in the toilets for free, Codexia's park rating vaulted back to where it should be
au7y.png

However, a couple months in, and our money situation is still stagnant. It seems the guests enjoy the cheap Call of Duty rides over such a glorious creation like Realms of Arkania. The ride has barely seen any business. The queue line is empty even though the ride is still fairly new. The people want extreme, but are too chicken to go on this one it seems.
0xfv.png

Unfortunately the ride had to be destroyed to allow for other improvements to the park. That yielded a considerable amount of money, allowing us to survive the year and continue pumping out those marketing campaigns. Though as a tribute to the greatness of the ride, a single erect piece of it was left behind, like a finger gesturing at the guests, telling them to go to hell.
t81u.png

But with the money now earned, Realms of Arkania 2 can be built. Nothing too fancy, just a couple helixes and a loop, but it's set to race with the coaster next to it, increasing the excitement of both rides.
0ilt.png

A Machine for Fags is still the most popular ride in the park however
nytb.png

All music rendered in glorious Commodore 64 SID audio
zujd.png

The Chris Avellone Arcanum LP continues to be one of the least popular rides in the park, though a few guests have been suckered into watching it
86lt.png

The last ride constructed in the park is a Wooden Coaster set amongst the island jungles. For added excitement, it cuts into the shell of the local volcano. 118 construction workers were burned to death carving out the ride tunnels. The ride was named Brofister
l4a6.png

Park observers have found that when our guests get injured, they prefer to seek aid at this med-station, although only furries need apply
7c9p.png

Deep in the island jungles, our men found this partially built ride. The brake and wheel technology suggests the ride construction had been started quite some time ago, before any of the other rides. The sign tells guests to "Come back in Year 16 for an exciting new thrill"
vuzq.png

It's said that the guests often focus on fluff like the flowers and trees, rather than the quality of the rides. Sometimes we just have to give them what they want if it encourages them to line up without question
5mp0.png

With the 5 years close to ending, Codexia still continues to recieve awards.
3gox.png

The guests are still not touching the Manboon Twister though. 3 years in, and not a single rider
5eyy.png

With things going well, in the last few weeks, it was even possible to begin paying down the park's substantial debt
8dxb.png

An overhead look of the park with a few days to go. Now that the money is rolling in, there's talk of charging once more for the bathroom facilities.
y4bd.png

And wouldn't you know it: Success!! The 5 years is over, and Codexia shall thrive for all time.
3gb2.png

99 luftballoons. The Jew overlords have already ordered the handymen to collect the balloons, so that we can sell them all again next year to unsuspecting children.
c0bv.png

Save file for whoever wants it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Excellent work comrade! :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom