Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RAGE update

denizsi

Arcane
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/idtech ... e=previews

I don't know you faggits, but I'm looking forward to this game. Looks and sounds plain fun and a refreshing change from the usual (DOOM QUAKE DOOM QUAKE DOOM QUAKE LOLZ) ID bullshit.

BUT, consolitis seems to have taken its toll on the game. New screenshots and the new footage looks like complete 4 years old shit compared to the original footage released last year.

Truman

Scholar
I'm looking forward to this for the same reason I look forward to all iD games: graphics. I'm going to overclock everything and set all settings to maximum and see how long I can maintain the beauty on my screen before the whole thing overheats. I'm looking forward to Doom 4 more than this though, this is just the intermediate tech demo.

Tails

Arbiter
Is RAGE still aimed for Ten rating? anyway Bethesda has grip on ID, so there is not much of hope for the game.

Achilles

Arcane
Gee, another post-apocalyptic game, how original.

Fuck this shit. I want Doom 4.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's a multiplatform shooter.
From ID.
Which are owned by Bethesda.
With a T rating.

Does anyone really believes it will be any good?

praetor

Arcane
MetalCraze said:

wrong. it's owned by zenimax that also owns bethesda.

but i agree with you. it's probably gonna be shit (or, at best, worth pirating for a couple of hours of mindless fun)

madbringer

Arcane
Fuck this bullshit, i want all the creative minds at ID redirected to the glorious purpose of making better maps for QL. :evil:

MapMan

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
From ID.
With a T rating.
xbox360 main development platform.

Fixed it right there for ya.

EDIT: Thats actually sad, I had high hopes for the game back when it was announced. I was hoping for dark and gritty post apo fps.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Eh, skyway's got it right this time. id have been good at nothing but tech demos for a good 12 years now. I was hoping they'd do the engine with Rage then pass it on to someone else to do Doom 4, but since they're doing that too I have little to no hope for either. Doom 3 was such a boring game and the engine appeared in such a small number of games it's hard to tell if it was really capable of good stuff.

Joghurt

Augur
...and it's won't have dedicated servers for multiplayer so yeah...fuck it

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
[Insert generic/textbook Kodex Kool Kids rant here.]

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Looks really cool to me. I love how the fp gameplay has been combined with vehicular combat. Long have I dreamed for such a combination, and if the game itself lives up to even half of its hype and plays as well as some of the trailers advertise it, I'll be a happy gamer.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Tell me, what makes it equal to Borderlands?

From what I understand, Borderlands is a cel-shaded, first-person shooter that also happens to be PA.

Rage combines FP and vehicular combat and is based on idTech 5 or whatever that is. You have to admit it looks amazing.

Are you simply dismissing it since it continues in the admittedly tired post-apoc setting?

madbringer

Arcane
Well, no.

I just really, really hate it, because it sidetracks the Glorious New Quake Live Maps Project. It's the only reason Quake Live has been in it's demi-broken beta stage for the past two years. It's the only reason updates for my favourite multiplayer game are few, far between, and largely meaningless.

It's this sort of (almost) irrational anger that makes one blind towards any possible positives a thing could have.

Although, in a rare flash of near-objectivity, i'd say the concept is wearing a bit thin by now, what with all the Stalkers, Fallouts 3, Borderlands and what have you. Vehicular combat and graphics may be it's saving grace, who knows. I sure don't, i hate the damn thing!

Fez

Erudite
Once PA is out of fashion we'll be back to swords and sorcery, probably.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MetalCraze said:
From ID.
With a T rating.

206mnpw.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom