Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Race To Mars - potato in space

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The problem I have with this (apart from many, many unknowns about gameplay) is that I find the presentation simply unfitting to the topic. What you present looks like a mix of a city builder and a UML tool. My feeling is that anyone who chooses this style must be more or less clueless about the topic.

Besides, there have already been attempts to fit all kinds of unrelated games into the form of a generic city builder, and they all failed. Good examples are Car Tycoon or the recent Omerta: City of Gangsters.

In case you don't get what I am talking about: If you want to convince people that you have what it takes to make a good strategy game, don't make videos which just show that you can render buildings in 3D, with moving cranes, realistic water and simulated time times of day. Even though BARIS showed the space complex in the same perspective, you're completely misinterpreting it's purpose. It was only there as the central UI element. The rest is completely irrelevant, and you're just wasting a lot of development time if you continue to work on an advanced space complex simulator.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

Was just browsing GabeN's store of wonders and stumbled upon this. Early Access release will be on 7th of March aka this Friday.
I like the concept, at least it's an Indie game that tries something different for a change.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257930/

/e: also noticed one of the Devs posted in the corresponding TCancer news post. Since the Kickstarter failed I'm wondering if they had to cut corners in the development.

Kickstarter said:
£30,000 is a lot of money, so it seems to be natural to ask "why do you need so damn much cash?" The answer is: we want to go beyond the stereotype of a good economic game which looks like a spreadsheet.

Therefore, we are going to spend the collected money on:

- detailed buildings' concepts and models;

- expanded technology tree;

- expanded and balanced game features;

Does the failed Kickstarter mean Buildings will be limited in variety with lowly detailed models, technology tree is simpler than originally envisioned and game features are unbalanced? Or were they able to acquire the necessary money through other means?

Last edited:

LooZ

Literate
Angelo85: Nope, to be honest - a tech tree is bigger than ever ;) We're doing some "work for hire" + Alpha Funding.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
More space games are always a good thing, will never buy into early access though for anything. Best of luck to you guys.

LooZ

Literate
Thanks guys :)

A lot of new features come with a lot of emotions. We’ve done it quite a few times and we can honestly say it’s really fun to launch your satellite into space ;)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I enjoy game archeology.

LooZ last post: Mar 7 2014

Game is shit, rating "Very Negative"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257930/?snr=1_5_9__300

From the reviews:

"Money stealing game. Steam should remove this from being able to be purchased further."

"A perfect example of why early access has a bad reputation. There have been no updates as of the time of this review for 3 months."

"The game in its present state is unplayable."

" Nothing works, nothing is completed, no evolution in more than 18 months, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED."

"This game is terrible."

"... Those were lies. They haven't updated the game weekly, nor did they do it for even one month. It has now beens months since the last update, and the developer has gone silent. DO NOT BUY THIS VAPORWARE."

And so it goes on and on.

Laugh at these people!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom