Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quick Dark Sun Shattered Lands Questions.

ColCol

Arcane
I always here that you should dual class everyone in the game....is that really necessary? (Difficulty wise)

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I think it was that you hit the lvl cap pretty quickly if you only use a single class.

Been a while though so that might not be it.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
is that really necessary? (Difficulty wise)
No. Only the final fight is really brutal, but AoE spells and/or mass domination should do the trick and you don't need multiclass for that. The main issue with single class characters is you'll hit level cap "too soon" and spend a significant final part of the game without any hope of leveling-up anymore, which is annoying. But diificulty-wise, the game can be finished without too much hassle with most parties.

EDIT : I also assumed, that by dual-class, you actually meant multiclass. I almost never dual-class in D&D games, so I'm hardly an expert on this subject. But the "not necessary difficulty-wise" also stands in this case anyway.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
You can, therefore you should.

If you don't care about honing your characters into ultimate perfect invincible vehicles of destruction, you should play adventure games.

Alkarl

Learned
Definitely multi-class and bring a bug-man. Better yet, make a full party of bug-men and spread communism to the realm!

:hero::russiastronk:

Roscoe Scaggs

Novice
I only ever played single-class and the game is more than playable...until the final fight. One of these days I'm going to go back and try some multi-classing.

Comte

Triple Class all your characters

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom