Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Questions for Chris Avellone II

Harold

Arcane
Was Sis in AP always a mute or did that change when you took over from Mitsoda? The way Sega featured her prominently on the cover & other marketing suggests she had a bigger role, did she? Was she a sort of prototype for non-dialogue characterization that you later expanded on with Christine in Dead Money? How do you feel that turned out? Will you continue to write mute characters for Bethesda just to troll them by showcasing their godawful facial animation?

In AP, in one of the possible end sequences you have the PC tied down while a tough cougar who likes agression has her way with him; in NV, on the NCR ending, it is implied that Cass, a tough woman who likes swearing, also has her way with the PC while drunk. My question is: WHY DO YOU ENDORSE FEMALE ON MALE RAPE YOU INSENSITIVE PIECE OF jk the actual question: Is your ideal woman one who can strap you to a bed, talk dirty and fuck your brains out? Do you think you'll ever find someone like that in California?

Whose idea was it to turn Harold from the consigned-to-his-fate hobo he was in F1 into the Looney Tunes character he became in F2? Was it you motherfucker? Was the tree on his head supposed to be one of Ravel's seeds? Did that seem funny to you at the time, asshole? Did you think writing an ending slide where his tree grows and becomes a garden (yes, it was wisely cut from vaniila, but I learned of it from the restored content mod, you doofuses even had Ron Perlman record a line to that effect), even it was clearly meant metaphorically - as in Harold becomes a beacon of hope for the poor disenfranchised ghouls - was a good idea in retrospect, given that the geniuses at Beth took it literally and ran it literally into the ground making me go KILL IT WITH FIRE on my namesake when I played that abomination I feel like I should've ended this phrase with a '?' at some point but it's too late for that now NO I'M NOT BITTER NOR HAVE I BEEN BITTER ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS AND YEARS WHY DO YOU ASK hmmm? (If you weren't responsible for Harold in F2, who was, why haven't you stopped him and what is his last known address?)

Please describe to us in great detail the moment when Ron Perlman threatened to end your life for having him voice a transsexual dragon in HoW. Do you think we'll ever see another transexual dragon in a game? It is current year, after all.

If Annah ever met Neeshka how do you think that would go? Same for Dak'kon and Zhjaeve.

Would describing the current relationship between yourself and Feargus/rest of Obsidian owners akin to that between Durance and Magran be a fair comparison? If so, which of the owners would you say is the most fiery of whores?

Why didn't you RTFM before playing Arcanum? Do you think watching your aborted LP made Tim Cain cry? How do you feel about making Tim Cain cry?

Emil Pagliarulo: great writer or greatest writer?

That's all I can think of, folks. Send MCA all of my bitter :love:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Was Sis in AP always a mute or did that change when you took over from Mitsoda? The way Sega featured her prominently on the cover & other marketing suggests she had a bigger role, did she?

Avellone actually expanded Sis's role. Brian Menze just gave a memorable design to "Albatross's silent female bodyguard."

Fairfax

Arcane
If so, which of the owners would you say is the most fiery of whores?
:lol::lol::lol:

Please describe to us in great detail the moment when Ron Perlman threatened to end your life for having him voice a transsexual dragon in HoW.
Here:

So it's getting late, there's only time in the studio for single takes for most of the lines. Note that I'm not there for this, but I get to hear the recording later on from our overly-delighted sound engineer, Fred Hatch, who says, smiling, "hey, you have to listen to this, Avellone."

Our audio director is getting Ron through his lines, when Ron hits one of my unintended alliteration minefields in one of the end sequences.

He does a few takes, getting madder each time, until he finally says, "Who is this Chris Avellone guy?"

At this point, I realize that because I am a formatting nazi, I have put my name at the top of each page of the script in case the audio director had any questions.

As this sinks in, Ron exclaims. "I want him dead. I want his family dead. I want his dog dead."

BTW, I don't have a dog, but if I did, it would most likely have been peeing on the floor like I was doing.

He calmed down, though, and I continued to empty my bladder in the floor of Fred Hatch's office.

And that is the day that I always made sure to read every line I wrote out loud just to make sure my imaginary dog would live to see another day.

So our audio director turns to me, and asks me to describe the “character” that Ron’s playing this session, which for Heart of Winter is a dragon (which is fine) who has taken the form of a barbarian (which is fine), except that the dragon’s a woman, and before I can edit myself, the words “oh, you’ll be playing a transvestite dragon” comes out of my mouth, and I feel my bladder bracing itself again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom