Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Planescape: Torment questions

Severian Silk

How do I check the level of Morte's Litany of Curses ability? I'm not getting the correct dialogue entry from the harlots, so maybe he received it already, but I don't know without being able to check.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i don't think you can, except maybe by trawling the journal or trying to see differences in the effect itself.

Mebber

Educated
I think Morte makes a special comment once he heard some new insults and thus improved his Litany - don't know of any other way to keep track of the level of Litany of curses.

ColCol

Arcane
He does (usually) make a comment when he receives a new one/level, but there no way to check after.

hiver

He will tell you when his powers increase. Thats all.

Severian Silk

When do I choose my feats and stuff? This is a DnD game, isn't it?

hiver

i cant really connect the date of registration with his ... behavior and questions such as these. Must be some kind of mistake... / should be changed to 2015.

Gord

Arcane
Maybe he registered here, then got hit by a truck the next day and spend 10 years in a coma.
Imagine the shock when he wanted to check out all the great games he had missed in the meantime...

Oh God, the horror.
>drop into coma in 2003
>wake up yesterday
>"gee, I wonder what Black Isle is up to now!"
>die inside

Last edited:

Severian Silk

Sorry. About my only familiarity with DnD is from playing ToEE, which I actually studied up on a bit.

Severian Silk

I finished the mystery box delivery in the Hive. The spells are removed and the box destroyed I think. I'm supposed to look for Mar now, but i can't find him. I found the dead limlims, but he's not standing there. Any idea on what happened?

Note that during this quest the game crashed a few times when entering people's homes.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Put a lot of point on STR and CON for easier combat.

Cadmus

Arcane
ha a good place to ask my questions!
I'm now in the catacombs below the Buried Village. Put everything into INT WIS and CHAR for the dialogues so the combat is a little bit hard, I haven't found any armor either, only some goddamn cursed fists which are the only way I can kill the wererats. Have I missed the option to become a mage or will I still get it?
  • the game stutters horribly when casting Chromatic Orb and once almost crashed and once crashed when the stupid fucking rats cast some sort of wasp swarm-like spell on me, is there a fix for special effects or something?
  • Dak'kon eh he doesn't seem to have any regeneration at all, is this correct?
  • I suck ass at this game because I still can't get over the fact that you can die and probably should use it to your advantage
  • is it possible to revive dead party members?
  • did I fuck up by creating what seems to be a mage character?

RK47

Patron
To become a mage you actually need to talk to someone else ABOVE the ground.
She's at the dumps.
And her appearance is deceiving.

You can get regeneration if you get their CON above 18 if I'm not wrong. Try tattoos.
Gaining the ability to raise death would involve having a cleric, or unlocking your past... I recommend exploring the Mortuary very carefully. And if there's someone who knows you there, you need to be polite.

Cadmus

Arcane
To become a mage you actually need to talk to someone else ABOVE the ground.
She's at the dumps.
And her appearance is deceiving.

You can get regeneration if you get their CON above 18 if I'm not wrong. Try tattoos.
Gaining the ability to raise death would involve having a cleric, or unlocking your past... I recommend exploring the Mortuary very carefully. And if there's someone who knows you there, you need to be polite.

Shit shit, thanks. I always try to talk and explore and be as polite but it gets tedious so I have to take breaks otherwise I'd just run through the game.
Any more great non-spoiler hints like these?

Cadmus

Arcane
But I'm starting to like the skull!

Guys any advice on how to deal with the magic effects without having to reinstall with some more patches? I don't wanna start playing the game again..

RK47

Patron
I have no idea. Turn off Hardware Acceleration?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom