Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

sullynathan

Arcane
PS4 & Xbox Juan already do 1080p 60
With a lot of sacrifices in view range, texture quality, vegetation density, shadows, etc.

I guess one day consolefags will learn there's more to grafics than the number of pixels on the screen, but that's not today.
#notall

nomask7

Arcane

You're right, PS3 games ported to PS4 sometimes look like they're actually full HD. In a way.

Dark Souls II looks better than Bloodborne, but that doesn't mean it couldn't look even better.

This is one of those things where marketing requirements trump sanity. 4k works better as a marketing gimmick than "better looking textures", not to mention is a lot less work on anyone's part.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I kinda want to see what they will be able to do with graphics on a console with that GPU.

Take Xbone game, render @4K natively. That's according to Microsoft, at least.

the xbone gpu is 1 teraflop so technicaly scorpio will have 5 times powerfull GPU. I'm sure there will be new games dedicated for Scorpio to show off the graphics.

sullynathan

Arcane
I don't know why Sony and MS don't put pressure on devs to try more or at least have 1080p 60 as the standard for these new machines. That horizon game and Andromeda will both run at 30fps even on the new system.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I don't know why Sony and MS don't put pressure on devs to try more or at least have 1080p 60 as the standard for these new machines. That horizon game and Andromeda will both run at 30fps even on the new system.
Because the games would look worse. The retards buying these games only care about the surface.

If developers are smart, they'll forfeit this 1080p-upscaled-to-4K 4K and/or increased detail gimmick and just render 1080p @60fps.

Doesn't matter whether they are smart. Marketing will tell them what focus tests better in advertising blurbs.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's not like console gamers can tell the difference between resolutions, they can say anything they want.

Soulcucker

Savant
Nesbox (emulates NES/SNES/GBA/Genesis games) passed App certification for the Xbone, should be on marketplace soon. Will be interesting if MS stands behind this app when Nintendo tries a takedown (like Google did with Emulators on the Android marketplace). My understanding is that Apps can use 1GB of RAM, 45% of the GPU, and 4 CPU cores so I am guessing the Xbone will be able to emulate everthing from the N64 and below. If these emulators stay I can definitely see people picking up Xbones for this.

Cr5MNFzVMAAL4RC.jpg

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.shacknews.com/article/96713/ps4-pro-4k-and-hdr-patch-for-existing-games-could-cost-money

When asked if patches would be free, Sony Interactive exec Masayasu Ito told Game Impress Watch (via Kotaku) that "It will be different for each title. I believe it will depend on the thinking of each licensee," referring to third-party publishers. As for Sony's titles, "I think it will vary for each one of our titles," he said.

Pay up goyim if you want to upgrade your placebo 4K/HDR into lesser-placebo 4K/HDR.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Considering the clusterfuck it ended up being I can't say I really blame them.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Every multi-player game will be rendered at 30fps so PS4 vanilla users don't get shafted in online matches...

Fuck you sony.

sullynathan

Arcane
http://www.shacknews.com/article/96713/ps4-pro-4k-and-hdr-patch-for-existing-games-could-cost-money

When asked if patches would be free, Sony Interactive exec Masayasu Ito told Game Impress Watch (via Kotaku) that "It will be different for each title. I believe it will depend on the thinking of each licensee," referring to third-party publishers. As for Sony's titles, "I think it will vary for each one of our titles," he said.

Pay up goyim if you want to upgrade your placebo 4K/HDR into lesser-placebo 4K/HDR.
Not anymore

http://wccftech.com/playstation-4-pro-patches-charged-fees-developer/

Every multi-player game will be rendered at 30fps so PS4 vanilla users don't get shafted in online matches...

Fuck you sony.
That's impossible, plenty of current PS4 multiplayer games are already 60fps. They're compromising resolution for better framerate for multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom