Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The Eurogamer video wasn't a speedrun.
What is a speedrun if not this? The guy knew the fastest route to the objectives, he was running through the enemies, killing everybody using the built in cheat mode (slow mo killing) if needed, dismissing every other sideobjectives, dialogues and story bits, alerting everybody if needed (in a stealth game, what a great way to play).
If it's a speedrun, it's a pretty terrible one that would be quite easy to supersede, from the looks of it. It's just a replay of the main campaign, made up mostly of running or waiting for an objective with a little tiny bit of action. The player even takes his sweet time to do plenty of things.

If this ten minute run was something that actually required pro skillz, it would be impressive, and likely not a fault of the game. But this is just some Euroskank who's played it a few times before because you can do that in a single afternoon with this game before you get another shoved in front of you for jornalazm purposes.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Eurogamer video wasn't a speedrun.
What is a speedrun if not this? The guy knew the fastest route to the objectives, he was running through the enemies, killing everybody using the built in cheat mode (slow mo killing) if needed, dismissing every other sideobjectives, dialogues and story bits, alerting everybody if needed (in a stealth game, what a great way to play).
If it's a speedrun, it's a pretty terrible one that would be quite easy to supersede
Yes, it is a terrible one. There is a better one linked above with only 6 minutes. Still, it is not a normal way to play the game, you know that.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Zc3ztTH.png

:retarded:

Misconnected

Savant
Lol.

How the fuck can you find Angry Joe cringe-worthy, and be OK with Metal Gear? I mean, I completely agree Angry Joe acts fucking retarded & what spills from his mouth is stupefying. But Metal Gear is exactly the same, just magnified a thousandfold.

Black

Arcane
Kojima cocksuckers are used to having only minutes of gameplay in their "games". Having to pay for a demo isn't that huge of a deal for them.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The problem is that it's far too easy for American consumers to get into Canada and exploit the local markets for their personal gain, which leads to stuff like this happening. 97% of Canadians would support a total and permanent closure of their southern border.

Funny, Americans want the same thing happening on their southern border.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Point is if they release this micro game for 30 bucks and if it sells well then what stops them doing it again and again. They could take the main game and cut it into 10 pieces and sell em for 30 bucks each. And I bet there would still be people defending MGS going episodic and be happy paying up 5 times more for a single game.
Releasing this "demo" for free would be a bro move but for 30 bucks is a rip off and none of fanboys should be concider buying it for that money.

Deleted member 7219

Lol.

How the fuck can you find Angry Joe cringe-worthy, and be OK with Metal Gear? I mean, I completely agree Angry Joe acts fucking retarded & what spills from his mouth is stupefying. But Metal Gear is exactly the same, just magnified a thousandfold.

I like Joe. I don't always agree with him but at least he's honest.

So basically they cut out a section equivalent to MGS2's Tanker or MGS3's Virtuous Mission and sold it for 30 clams?

Dayum. Kojima really wants to kill Metal Gear and free himself to work on other stuff, I guess.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Point is if they release this micro game for 30 bucks and if it sells well then what stops them doing it again and again. They could take the main game and cut it into 10 pieces and sell em for 30 bucks each. And I bet there would still be people defending MGS going episodic and be happy paying up 5 times more for a single game.
Releasing this "demo" for free would be a bro move but for 30 bucks is a rip off and none of fanboys should be concider buying it for that money.
Nah, this already happened with GT5 Prologue, and nobody followed that precedent. Well, until now, but almost a decade have past since then.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think you got a discount on the full game if you bought GT5 Prologue, is that the same here?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I think you got a discount on the full game if you bought GT5 Prologue, is that the same here?
Nobody said anything like this, and I really doubt that they will pull this. But it would be cool.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rth-discusses-xbox-one-dealwithit-controversy

Ex-Microsoft director Adam Orth discusses Xbox One #dealwithit controversy

Haha, here comes his game: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ce-survival-sim-adr1ft-picked-up-by-505-games

Adam Orth, the ex-creative director at Microsoft best known for f****** up on social media by telling his friend to "#dealwithit" regarding Xbox One's then "always online" policy, has had his upcoming survival-in-space sim Adr1ft picked up by Brothers and Payday 2 publisher 505 Games.

jpg

Adr1ft follows the exploits of an astronaut who awakens the sole survivor of a calamity on board a space station. With a damaged EVA suit and no memory, the cosmic traveler must scavenge for resources in hopes of repairing an escape shuttle to make it back to earth.

"Adr1ft is an emotional journey through action, consequence and redemption," the publisher explained in its announcement. "In the end, the player will be left to contemplate the parallels between the choices he makes within the game and the ones he makes in real life."

Sure sounds like Orth's kerfuffle with his reputation on social media last year: an event that caused Orther much grief - and his job - but one he said he emerged from "stronger" than before.

"I'm very happy to be partnering with 505 Games for Adr1ft" said Orth. "From the very beginning, Ian Howe [505 president] and his team have passionately understood the game Omar [Aziz] and I are trying to make. They have empowered us with the freedom to explore and create something special with Adr1ft, both traditionally and with VR technology."

That's right, the game will be in VR, though it's not yet been revealed whether this means Oculus, Morpheus or something else entirely, and no platforms for Adr1ft have been announced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom