Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Prophecy: The Fall of Trinadon

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Saxon1974, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Saxon1974gender: ⚧ Cipher

Saxon1974
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  2. JarlFrankgender: ⚧ I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Parrots:
    Those are some awesome graphics for 1988!

^ Top  
  3. Saxon1974gender: ⚧ Cipher

Saxon1974
    Parrots:
    Yea they look a bit too consolish to me though.

Saw a glowing review of the game in a 1989 computer gaming world mag. Im suprised I had not even heard of this one.

^ Top  
  4. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Anyone has the manual for this game? I really want to play it, but I can't figure out what spells there are and what some of them are supposed to do. :( A scanned copy would be really great, but even if you only own the physical copy, the spell descriptions are all I really need, since spells must be memorised by inputting their names manually (damn copy protection :().

Knowing the game's back story would be a plus, too.

Any help greatly appreciated! I may even do an LP if someone can find a copy of the manual for me. :)

^ Top  
  5. Wunderpurpsgender: ⚧ Educated

Wunderpurps
    Parrots:
    It's a simple but great game, about as good as a single player isometric dungeon crawl could be. Also pretty funny. I don't remember any spells but it's been a while.

^ Top  
  6. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    You know I was going to reply FFS Ms. Bee! Hello, replacementdocs... but they didn't have it. :(

Would love to see a LP of this, if you do ever find a manual.

^ Top  
  7. Satori (original)gender: ⚧ Arbiter

Satori (original)
    Parrots:
    From HotU.

"Colourful graphics and cool weapons make up for the near absence of plot development and detailed statistics. Good for RPG newbies only".

^ Top  
  8. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yeah, the game was designed by Richard L. Seaborne, so I'm pretty confident it must be fun. For those interested, you can check out my Tower of Myraglen LP; that game was also designed by Seaborne.

You can memorise up to 10 spells, meaning there must be at least that many. They have some cryptic names, to make things worse.

Eh, that reviewer doesn't get it. Single character real-time dungeon crawlers are a wonderful subgenre of their own. At least I'm a sucker for those, personally. They can also be quite hardcore, as Tower of Myraglen and DarkSpyre show. So I reeeeeallly want to play this game through properly. I believe I'll be able to manage even without the manual, but that wouldn't be the proper kind of experience.

Thanks, Jaesun. :P

EDIT. I must say I saw there were replies to my post and thought "hey, someone has already found the manual for me!" I was totally heartbroken. :(

^ Top  
  9. sgc_meltdowngender: ⚧ Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    Parrots:
    I did a rather extensive google search

unless there's one in another language other than english the manual isn't out there

there were a few forum requests regarding the copy protection but even that was edited out by moderators because of the esa member thing

not even underground-gamer has it, even though I found multiple instances of the game itself

it's 250ish kb zipped up btw, really something considering the graphics

YOU'RE WELCOME

^ Top  
  10. analtgender: ⚧ Scholar

analt
    Parrots:
    I've got this one, but I won't have access to the docs for a couple of weeks at least. And I remember it being pretty crap. This came from the co-creator of Escape From Hell?

^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Fowyrgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    Try to experiment with this.

Harlok
    Cordane
    Corsane
    Schnellt
    Naturlik
    Invofisk
    Duhmasti
    Paxjed
    Minnlost
    Magnin
    Forablee
    Phyrdalk
    Killtenn
    Stambean
    Welenart
    Dextrill
    Trikarak
    Enquiess
    Manndrue
    Vizmiral
    Millikat
    Lomadahl
    Firalap
    Colenses
    Milleano
    Millmeta
    Firalle
    Waewan
    Arro
    Eano
    Metabran
    Schibane
    Wrahbane

^ Top  
  12. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Oooh I'd be sooo grateful if you could maybe scan it once you have access to it? :oops: At least the introduction and the spells?

Yup. And it may be crap, sure, but I wanna see for myself. Plus I plan on writing a retrospective for the Codex that would include a short review of this game among others, so the manual would come in handy for that.

Thanks! :salute: I'll experiment with that if the manual doesn't come up.

Thanks for your efforts, sgc-sensei! :P

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Fowyrgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    Looking at the thread title I recalled another game. Does anyone played Prophecy of Shadows?
    Should I try it?

^ Top  
  14. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    There's also some stupid copy protection so I can't even travel to the second location:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dammit.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Fowyrgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    Upload your savegame, I'll see what can be done.

^ Top  
  16. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Fowyrgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    Answers:
    EMPIRE SENTRY
    ANCIENT SAGE
    GOBLIN KING OF GOBAR
    LORD OF ERTRAXIA
    LORD RICHARD
    EMPIRE ELITE SOLDIER
    GENDORIAN OVERLORD
    DARK NECROMANCER
    EMPIRE HATCHETMAN
    GENDOR OF TRINADON
    ARCH PRIEST
    MYSTIC ENCHANTER
    HELLISH FIEND
    LYCANTHROPE
    TOAD MAN TERRY
    UNHOLY FLYING SWORD
    GUARDIAN CHEST
    OOZING SLUDGE ALAN
    VINE MAN
    SKELETAL GIANT
    VICIOUS HYDRA
    EVIL INCARNATE
    JEDIST OGRE

I tested, they work. Sorry, I'm too tired for proper crack.

^ Top  
  18. fags suckgender: ⚧ Barely Literate

fags suck
    Parrots:
    Ha, I too used to know how to crack those old games. Edit a file in qbasic, then scroll through to find copy protection answers. :D

^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Fowyrgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    If you lucky, yes. Not in the qbasic, of course. Why use it, when you have Hiew, hex editor with ton of functions like built-in disassembler.
    Using it 13 years already and fucking love it.

^ Top  
  20. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Thanks. :love: Will test 'em out later.

Still looking for that manual, tho'. Someone! Anyone! Help!

^ Top  
  21. Tripicusgender: ⚧ Scholar

Tripicus
    Parrots:
    The best I could do is find a video where a guy said

Here is a link to the youtube video he posted of this game and where he made the comment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVTY-dJih_0

His last posted video was 4 months ago, most of his videos relate to DOS gaming, so it may still be likely that he will reply.

^ Top  
  22. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Thanks a lot!

I've sent 'im a message; hopefully he'll respond! *fingers crossed*

^ Top  
  23. Overboardgender: ⚧ Cipher

Overboard
    Parrots:
    Hah I remember this, used to edit the file to get dark longsword etc.

I might have the manual, will dig around. There (IIRC) are prefixes you can type in before spellnames to multiply the power of the spell. Bae is one I think.

^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Fowyrgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    Oh, indeed.
    They are Bae, Par, Kru, Ala, Sun

^ Top  
  25. Wunderpurpsgender: ⚧ Educated

Wunderpurps
    Parrots:
    You da man, Fowyr. I never thought I'd get to play this game again or indeed anyone but me played in the first place.

Schnellt is speed, I now remember.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)