Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Project Resurgence - cRPG inspired by Fallout and Arcanum

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I like the Dark Tower namedrop but that rarely means shit. I will watch this from afar with mild interest. Shadowrun was kinda episodic with the use of similar assets stretched out over a couple of titles released in a relativity short timeframe. Still, that Legend of Korra and Fullemetal Alchemist influence is worrying right from the start. I assume they mean Steapunk-esque in some ways but that is too anime for my liking.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like the Dark Tower namedrop but that rarely means shit. I will watch this from afar with mild interest. Shadowrun was kinda episodic with the use of similar assets stretched out over a couple of titles released in a relativity short timeframe. Still, that Legend of Korra and Fullemetal Alchemist influence is worrying right from the start. I assume they mean Steapunk-esque in some ways but that is too anime for my liking.

Hmmm, dunno, man, I wouldn't count SR as episodic. Feels more like a "milking the cow" kind of operation, really: SR-DF-HK each have an adequate length in terms of gameplay hours and size in terms of events and areas, and improvement/changes over its predecessors, to be considered a full-fledged game per-se, IMHO.

GloomFrost

Arcane
The best spiritual successor to Arcanum would happen if someone competent got Bas-Lag license and made a New Crobuzon RPG.
:M
Hell yeah, I couldnt stop thinking about Arcanum while i was reading Perdido Street station. But you would need some awesome designers to pull that off.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Those inspirations are quite a mixed bag. "Inclusivity" is also something I raise my eyebrow at when being advertised, that's counter to the idea of it. RT and TB isn't going to work, calling it now. Episodic is bullshit.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, looks like this KS project - endorsed by Fargo, MCA and Sven-senpai - just made it.

I am sure you guys are all as happy as I am!

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Developing a turn-based AND RT combat for this is a gigantic waste of development time... :M

As opposed to the promised romance, made even worse than it already is in most games due to the fact that here you can apparently be a male woman, a male male, woman male or heaven forbid, a full fledged true-blood woman?

(Edit: There should be an option to change this on a daily basis depending on your mood/hormones and at least 3 important companion NPC's should be doing this while explaining in detail their struggle with gender identity and sexuality. Perhaps we will finally find an answer to whether a transgen dating a hermaphrodite is actually a faggot, a dyke or a boring closet straight person; or if dyfags and fadykes are things now too.)

(Heck, since they're developing a new world, why stop at those? Have 7 different kinds of sexes, with reproduction only possible if at least 4 different types get involved in the action; but some kinds dying horrible deaths when mating with other kinds; but still that love is offered; because diversity.)

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
But developers making this game as confession of their (degenerate) faith is somehow understandable.

There is no excuses for hybrid combat.
None.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, it wouldn't surpise me at all if they drop one of the combat modes during development. I can't even fathom what made them think that this is a good idea in the first place, it couldn't have been Arcanum's shitty combat. Are there any examples of actual good hybrid combat systems in RPGs?

getter77

Augur
I still just can't help but be a bit amazed that this reached the funding level here at the end given they had a stretch goal unlock on day 1 for the thing reaching this mark by the end of week 1----normally, that sort of broad disregard for reading reality tends towards the campaign floundering. Yet despite it all, they've clawed their way to this point even as an episodic approach. I guess this'll constitute the first weird surprise of KS in 2016.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The power of social network marketing, I did say CohhCarnage is a big shot on twitch and connected with other people from that industry. That is only reason why it did so well.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
In their defense, it was a pretty detailed pitch with a lot of work obviously already put into it, alpha gameplay footage included, lots of explanations about design ideas and such. Yeah, the SJWing is waaay overboard and the RTs/TBs thing will fuck them over, I understand why people are sceptical, but its not like this pitch was some completely amateurish unprepared failiure.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see how RT/TB should be guaranteed to fail.
Wherever it failed in the past, it was always because one of either was hastily tacked on (Arcanum certainly the best example).
If both are planned to coexist from the beginning, it is more than doable. Really, there is nothing impossible to see, here.

But certainly more work than doing just one of them, yes.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Players choose their character’s tribe, sex, gender identification, and skin tone.
What does it mean?
Ask Bruce Caitlyn Jenner.

Though truth be told, it's probably for the more in-betweens. You know, large burly men wearing makeup and skirts get to choose whether they get to be called sir or m'am, as is their godsatan-given right!

article-2266079-1712EF87000005DC-951_634x492.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom