Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Newnes: The.. OTHER RPG Codex RPG

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
*Removed*

Last edited:

Baron

Arcane
Allow me to respond in kind

1. Concept
  • The idea that RPG Codex, being RPG enthusiasts, would make a good RPG is akin to a group of hobos being able to make a fine scotch. Familiarity with the product does not necessarily transform into excellence in productivity.
  • Your pitch reads like many Kickstarter projects where the creators haven't done any preparation, planning or actual work before requesting funding, and where the challenges sections is filled out with all the thought of, "There will likely be challenges but we'll definitely overcome them as they arise."
2. Work history
  • The majority of posts on your Trillek forums are you signing every thing as Project Lead, or Authorised Project Guidelines, but I can't find any actual work. Dead design document threads, some awful first person wandering in a textureless maze videos...
  • Trillek was itself based on a dead project. The site has the obligatory "the project's not dead" threads.
3. Codex
  • People here can't even agree on what is a RPG. It would be difficult to get 5-10 people here to work on a mod, let alone develop --from scratch-- a cRPG.
  • You could have offered to assist the few people who are actually working on projects in the Workshop, but I'm guessing you're the ideas man, the press release man, the guy who's happy to stand up and do the difficult task of being the spotlight of attention.
4. Conclusion
photo-thumb-138.jpg
  • Will I be able to play as a dragon?

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
RE: Concept
  • Yeah, but unlike hobos people here have access and experience in using 'distilleries'.
  • So like an actual pitch? Perhaps writing this at 4am wasn't the best idea, however, it would be stupid to ignore that fact that in game development things go wrong.
RE: Work History
  • First off, no one uses the forums any more we stick to our subreddit now and a trello. That 'awful maze' was the result of our own engine and an open source team effort, organized by me. The project is still alive and working well with releases shooting out semi-regular, we've even done our own CPU.
  • It's an open source project, I'm fairly sure that the 'project is not dead' is the ritual that everyone must go through.
RE: Codex
  • Which is why you treat it as an actual game, not an internet forum fight.
  • Sure, except for the fact that I have experience in programming and working on an actual game. And if I don't have that, I must be a good ideas guy since I have people willing to work full-time for me.
RE: Conclusion
  • Doesn't change the fact that I have experience in game development and that I think this could work.

J1M

Arcane
You still haven't addressed the most salient point: if you have useful skills, why don't you attach yourself to an existing project?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom