Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grab the Codex by the pussy
Geometric figures instead of stats. Incline!

Cross

Arcane
I wouldn't mind seeing some more facts, speculations and wrong opinions on the topic. Haven't they released anything?
Here you go:

Could you Chris Avellone share with us your thoughts on what are the odds that Project Indiana gets finished if Deadfire flops or if IRS/prosecutors start investiagting Obsidian? From your posts it seems like fund transfers between projects in Obsidian are a bit too common. Could Take2 take the Indiana team over in case of troubles? Could it all fall apart based on the IP being owned by Dark Rock Industries (or whatever the name is)?

I don't know, but my pragmatic guess is that maybe Take2 wouldn't mind Feargus and his cost padding out of the picture (Feargus, at the height of stupidity, forgot to remove it in his budget he sent to them - when asked, I told them I wasn't surprised, and they should expect him to inflate costs like that, but that's why you have to watch him very, very carefully when he submits a budget - he tried to fuck over Paradox, too, because he felt entitled to).

My vote to Take2? Support Tim and Leonard and the team and maybe not so much the owner parasites around them. Do you really need class acts like Feargus who will make up numbers and drain needed resources with deception? It's disgusting, and casts shade over the entire studio through the actions of one jackass.

I also don't know if the Project Indiana IP is under Dark Rock Industries or not, but you can ask Feargus (he likely won't answer).
:prosper:

I wouldn't mind seeing some more facts, speculations and wrong opinions on the topic. Haven't they released anything?
It's probably on the bubble from being canceled.

Tim and Leonard are Obsidian last hope to literally "Make Obsidian Great Again" in RPG community eyes because their reputation is not that good right now, and to make some good money, and to create some fun, interesting IP which Obsidian is lacking, so canceling it would be very stupid in my opinion. Both of these guys have a lot of respect and good will in RPG community so if their game will bomb Obsidian is doomed.
If you think that young Johnny Xbox or Little Sally PS4 (i.e. the people who will actually determine Indiana’s success) have any idea who Tim and Leonard are then I have some quality beachfront real estate to sell you.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well now that PoE 2 is released and some of its writers will not be busy as before...

Especially Sawyer, he's gonna taking a break from directing so he could write for this before joining Larian.

jaydee2k

Savant
Well now that PoE 2 is released and some of its writers will not be busy as before...

Especially Sawyer, he's gonna taking a break from directing so he could write for this before joining Larian.

As long as it turns out like this Sawyer can write as much as he wants for Tim & Leonards game

latest

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Are we sure this game isn't vaporware? IT feels like they have working on it for 5 years with nothing but rumors to show for it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It won't be long now, E3 is in three weeks.

Oh, about that, Take Two "will not be showing any new products" at E3: https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-...nteractive-software-inc-ttwo-q4-2018-ear.aspx

We are also very enthusiastic about the long-term potential of Private Division, our new publishing label that is dedicated to bringing titles from top independent developers to market. Private Division currently has contracts to publish several upcoming titles based on new IP from renowned industry talent, including Panache Digital Games, The Outsiders, Obsidian Entertainment, and V1 Interactive. Private Division will seek to add to its already impressive roster of development partners throughout the world and we look forward to its future announcements. Next month at E3 in Los Angeles, we will have a corporate booth on the show floor. We will not be showing any new products, but we will be holding business development, investor relations, media and sales meetings throughout the show.

Looking ahead, we have a strong development of pipeline across our labels, which includes new releases from our popular series along with groundbreaking new IP. With our unwavering commitment to delivering the highest quality entertainment experiences that keep our audiences engaged, Take-Two is better positioned than ever to provide value to our customers and generate growth and profits over the long-term.

Not "showing new products," but maybe showing some teasers?

(Also that means no reveal of the Ken Levine with MCA game I guess.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
^Weird that sentence is in the same paragraph as the one about Private Division. Are they talking about Private Division only? Doesn't sound like it.

Awww.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
(Weird that sentence is in the same paragraph as the one about Private Division. Are they talking about Private Division only? Doesn't sound like it.)

Well it's transcript by a third party. I think they referred the entire group.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Awww.

Weird that sentence is in the same paragraph as the one about Private Division. Are they talking about Private Division only? Doesn't sound like it.

Correct, neither 2K nor Rockstar are revealing anything new either. I think they were planning to show Borderlands 3 but it got pushed back.

Strauss Zelnick needs to make the rounds on CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business to explain TTWO’s disappointing earnings from last week, so maybe we’ll get more color in the near future.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kyl Von Kull Are you associated in some way with Take Two Interactive?

Nah, I’ve just been watching like a hawk.

I did meet Zelnick at a ridicuousy fancy wedding. Only guy there wearing a turtleneck. I do know some people who own lots of shares in TTWO (fuckers have made a fortune). If I ever know anything about a company it’s from the money side.

Not 100% sure he’ll actually make TV appearances in the immediate future. If the company has a real long term problem then he’ll probably stay off the air. But if he’s confident then we should see a bunch of interviews.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like Feargus is mismanaging things again. Outer Worlds, the new Stormlands.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Private Division is publishing two additional games besides this that also haven't been announced. Seems likely that the hold-up on a reveal is at Take-Two's end.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Private Division is publishing two additional games besides this that also haven't been announced. Seems likely that the hold-up on a reveal is at Take-Two's end.
Again you come in to ruin the fun. Are you sure you are not Sawyer's alt?

Flou

Arbiter
See my edit.

Flou, have you spotted anybody else since last year?

Writers? Dan McPhee - Junior Narrative Designer (the guy with the epic beard afaik) and my list is missing that BioWare guy as well that you linked.

Others, plenty. I updated few names on the original post on Obsidian forums. Haven't gotten a reply from Aarik to confirm around 10 more people and I doubt he ever will.

Flou

Arbiter
See my edit.

Flou, have you spotted anybody else since last year?

• Tim Cain - Co-Creator / Project Director
  • Leonard Boyarsky - Co-Creator / Project Director

• Julia Kernan - Associate Producer (Left the company last December)
  • Ian Conway - Associate Producer (changed jobs during this spring)

• Robert Nesler - Art Director
  • Bobby Hernandez - Concept Artist / 3D Artist
  • Ken LeSaint - Senior 3D Artist
  • Brian Menze - Senior Artist
  • Michelle Vargas - 3D Environment Artist
  • Marina Bekeshko - Junior Environment Artist
  • Geoff Schofield - FX Artist
  • Aaron Dubois - Senior FX Artist
  • Brian LeLeux - Lighting Artist (Left to the Crystal Dynamics in June)
  • Hannah Kennedy - Concept Artist (no confirmation on her)
  • Daniel Platt - Artist (No confirmation, think I saw him on the staff photo)
  • Omar Aweidah - Senior Character Artist (One of the more recent hires at Obsidian, I think he is in the photo as well)

• Nicole Evanich - Animator
  • Antonio Govela - Animator
  • Shon Stewart - Animator
  • Cathy Nichols - Character Animator

• Dan Spitzley - Senior Programmer
  • Anthony Davis - Senior Programmer
  • Ankur Oswal - Junior Programmer
  • Nate McDorman - Junior Programmer (LinkedIn has him working on unannounced project since 1/17 which would pretty much leave only Indiana as an option)
  • Kyle Swaim - Senior Tools Programmer (I think he is in that staff photo)
  • Richard Taylor - No idea on his role, he is standing in front of Anthony Davis on the photo

• Scott Everts - Technical Designer
  • Constant Gaw - Senior Designer
  • David Williams - Senior Systems Designer
  • Dini McMurry - Senior Level Designer
  • Marc Soskin - Level Designer
  • Charles Staples - Senior Designer
  • Tyson Christensen - Senior Designer
  • Dan McPhee - Junior Narrative Designer
  • Chris L'Etoile - Narrative Designer
  • Carter Thomas - Designer (no confirmation, I think I see him in that staff photo)
  • Anthony Rogers - Cinematics Designer ( No confirmation, can be seen on the photo though)

• Andrew Dearing - Senior Sound Designer
  • Justin Bell - Audio Director

Those are the ones I'm quite sure or 100% sure about. Then there's the rest of the sound guys (For example Scott Gilmore is working on an unannounced game with Unreal listed as one of the tools he is using).
Craig Matchett (who was hired through one of the job ads for the project)
Brian Goetz (Senior Producer)
Thad Clevanger (who is working on unannouced projects with one of them at least using Unreal since he lists Unreal engine as one of the engines he is working with).
Joseph Than worked on the game has moved onto Blizzard during this spring (probably one of the people Avellone hinted that had changed jobs)
Pretty sure Jorge Morales is doing the UI Programming on the game.
Dennis Presnell as environment artist (the guy looking like he does not want to be in the picture and all joy has left his soul, former BIS empoyee though )
Scott Hafner as Level Designer (next to Rob Nesler, between the two women in the photo)
Allen Chen as Senior Engine Programmer (Has moved on to Visual Concepts during the summer)
Brandon Rosser as Environment Artist ( I think he is in the picture)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom