Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Eternity

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm sure DU will do something appropriate when he gets back, no worries. Raising money won't stop tomorrow. It can be done this month and for the entire length of the game's development. The world won't end tomorrow. Give the guy a break for a few days.
Yes, but there were three inn's to claim and now they are all taken.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
You're all cunts. The taverns are already sold out. :( We'll need special agreement with MCA now.

Is playing a board game really worth more than having something named in an RPG, so as to cost twice as much? The last two tier's order doesn't make the most amount of sense.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You're all cunts. The taverns are already sold out. :( We'll need special agreement with MCA now.
Not unless you raise 10,000. Those are unlimited. :M

Oh wait it looks like those aren't included in that tier. That's kinda huh.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
NeoGAF hogged a spot without even putting the money together first:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491435

$308/5,000 PLEDGED!

That's cheating!

:point:

(How come we didn't think of that)

Not unless you raise 10,000. Those are unlimited.

Except there's no mention of a custom inn in the 10k tier:

You will receive everything else: The Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack ($500 reward tier) + 10 EXTRA DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPIES OF PROJECT ETERNITY to gift your friends and family + DESIGN AND NAME AN NPC + DESIGN AN EPIC WEAPON + CUSTOM PORTRAIT. You also get the top tier WATCHER FORUM BADGE.
Est. delivery: Apr 2014

Baron

Arcane
Forget the inn. It's a mature game... Brothel / Slave emporium. All tastes catered for.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe they'll add more inns. It happened with Wasteland 2.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Or maybe their integrity as good developers prevent them from infesting their game with hurr durr inside jokes, and thus only had an extremely limited amount of them. :obviously:

Yeah they'll probably add more. I'll reserve one spot if they do come up if no moderators can't be bothered - I can always "transfer" it to DU later (cancel mine, have him pledge at the same time).

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
FFS we lost the opportunity to put the Inn of :declining: in the game,while Neogaf has one

:rage::rage::rage:
:flamesaw::mob::x

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The Codex inn should be full of gays and lesbians but none of them would like you because they think you have degenerate facial features.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I said it before, but we should get one of prosper's creations as a romanceable follower.

But this isn't a Cthulhu RPG.
To be fair we don't know that for sure, it might be. Worst comes to worst we can use his creation as an Elephant Man expy. Think of the social commentary opportunities in that, the masses will love it.

I said it before, but we should get one of prosper's creations as a romanceable follower.

But this isn't a Cthulhu RPG.
To be fair we don't know that for sure, it might be. Worst comes to worst we can use his creation as an Elephant Man expy. Think of the social commentary opportunities in that, the masses will love it.

I was thinking of using The face that remembers (spelling?) as Morte.

I'm sure that at the end it will come to that, or Boo.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Taluntain Come on, aren't you an admin too? Just activate the code you already have from Wasteland 2/Dead State fundraisers, or whatever.

:lol:

First of all, I don't even know where DU's got the code for all that stuff or how it all works exactly. Secondly, it'd need to be modified for a new KS. Thirdly, I can't make any promises to you guys on DU's behalf without knowing what he'd want to do here, which tier to go for, etc. Fourthly, the KS donations now go to DU's PayPal's account (so that money doesn't get transferred around more than once - this isn't free on PayPal) and I need to know that he's ready to accept large sums before just sticking up his e-mail and him seeing 10 grand in his account when he gets back. It was an issue for us when the Wasteland collection ended up in my account and we had to get the money to DU. I don't have accountants as good as he does.

I'm sure DU will be able to work out a special deal for the Codex given the situation. I mean, I could step in but he's always been the one to handle this sort of stuff here and I don't want to step into his shoes the moment he's gone for a day. I doubt he'd appreciate that.

I know you guys are all worked up about PE but this sense of false urgency is designed just for the sake of getting as much money in in as short amount of time as possible to reach the initial funding goal. The game's development is not really in question given the overwhelming amount of support shown, and it's going to take YEARS. The game's not coming out in 2 weeks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK. I had assumed you had some ready-made, streamlined process for this by now.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I'll refrain from a Codex-appropriate comment on how it fits in with Obsidian's past games. :troll:

TripJack

Hedonist
unless another w2-style arrangement can be made to get digital copies for the codex donators, fuck it

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Looks like Kickstarter can't take people's money fast enough as it is... I don't think DU's around any more (he'll be MIA with I presume no Internet access for a week or so) so I expect if it were to happen, it'll have to wait until he gets back.
So that's why we're suddenly requested to donate internets as if there's no tomorrow! DarkUnderlord is all out of them!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Okay, at this point I'm not sure the Codex even wants a fundraiser anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom