Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #20: Screenshot! Lore! Stronghold and Another Big City!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That PE screen is no beautifu.
Are you fucks completely fucking retarded?!
Ah yes. Sorry.
Its a fucking atrocity.

Fucked up perspective straight from the ugly mess that is Divine Divinity. :lol:
Photoref waterfall next to 8bit grass and leaves. :lol:
Retarded lighting if I ever saw one. :lol:
2003 shader model 1.0 quality water render. :lol:

Its so far from IE as it can fucking get while staying 2D.

Jesus F. Christ! Grow some eyes and cultivate some braincells, morons.

Ya all fucking moronic manchildren. Its sad to look at. :lol:

You are not a 21 year old female. :lol:

A user named cat

Project Infinity.

uXdxc.gif

EDIT: Now we're talking.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We need 1700 more likes to Obsidian's facebook page, to have another level in the mega dungeon. Bring on your shitty alts everyone!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Eurogamer gonna eurogamer I guess:

The developer also noted a couple new stretch goals for the final five days of the Kickstarter. For $3 million it will add a "big ol' stronghold" to the game where players can store their gear, interact with companions, craft items, rest, and shop. Obsidian noted its work on The Sink from Fallout: New Vegas' Old World Blues DLC as an example of what to expect.

Obsidian specifically said that the player house will be similar to The Sink, the stronghold will be much more.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck you, don't disappoint me now. Get back to talking cool shit about your game.

No Offence but they're games just for you like Twicher 2... Shity as RPGs and medicore as game but they do look pretty and imhersive. :smug:

Screenshot looks fine for early alpha and I am glad Paladin got funded and stronghold will be too... Is your own steam powered Galleon too much to Ask? :cool:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Big city sounds great, updated pledge to 50.

I think they deliberately put this goal so high knowing there's no chance they will reach it, while the existence of the goal itself will give the campaign a major boost.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

I think they deliberately put this goal so high knowing there's no chance they will reach it, while the existence of the goal itself will give the campaign a major boost.
*What if* we reach it? I can imagine the team going "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK double workload" because a new city is almost an expansion by itself.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity

*What if* we reach it? I can imagine the team going "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK double workload" because a new city is almost an expansion by itself.

Precisely. :troll:

Raygun_elf

Educated
They (Obsidian) could just make an appeal via update in the last three days or so for everyone to review their own pledge and study the other tiers, and quietly remind everyone that if every backers upgraded their pledge 5-10 dollars then there's a good chance all the stretch goals could be reached. It's a sticky thing to do, getting humans to do something selfless. Maybe some kind of teary appeal to "help bring back the RPG"?

Monocause

Arcane
The screenshot looks simply fantastic. Sucks that I don't have any disposable income atm :( Would back it without second thoughts.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
What makes you people think that more money means a better game?

I'd say it's pretty much the contrary if you look at some of the recent shit.

Best works of art come from suffering, not from snorting coke in five-star hotels (although that can also result in art).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
What makes you people think that more money means a better game?
Because we are talking about the video game industry. You can make a small indie stuff from a 10-20 thousand dollars, but Obsidian is shooting for a big game. A big, great RPG. And it is not cheap. It wasn't cheap 20 years ago, and it is not cheap now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom