Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #15: Classes and Full Party Creation + New Josh Sawyer Interview

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If this is anything to go by, the art style doesn't seem terribly exciting either, to put it mildly.
I can only repeat myself about that art - I think it captures AD&D feel, but also stays modern in it's own way. It's a D&D before it went giantpauldrons route, and I am thrilled to get more of that. A step inbetween AD&D and D&D3. I like it.

I am probably affected by nostalgia strongly, as I already want to get these guys into dungeon myself and kick shit out of monsters, cut off purple tentacles and fry them for dinner, solve puzzles and grab loot, like in good 'ol times.

I'd be raging if it would have any fucking giant pauldrons. :lol:

Anyway, I think the reason it doesn't click with me is that looks too slick and modern, I much prefer more old school looking fantasy imagery:

MM6TitleArt.PNG
But what does it matter for the actual game? As far as I remember ingame MM6 didn't quite look like this...

Just as an iso game with characters visible from high up won't look anything like the actual art for PE either.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah. I am a HUGE fan of Bard's and Paladin's (those are my favorite 2 classes) but they might not fit in the setting. Would like to see them added though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We have full fucking party creation as a stretch goal (which is awesome), and you are bickering about a wallpaper? Isn't this the feature that many of you really wanted?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The Cipher and souls concept entices me, but I have to say I am so far disappointed with how standard fantasy this is. I know a lot of you need your Tolkien handjob or you walk, but I'm quite the opposite... standard fantasy instantly bores me and i need something to persuade me to stick around. I hope they release some details on more unique races or locations in the coming days, I might up my pledge if so. Give me a steampunk region, a goat people... a fucking forest of blue trees, what-the-fuck-ever. Throw me a bone.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I like what I hear about the classes, and especially the full party customization. I hope that goal is met!
Interesting that all characters use soul power, not just the magic users. That gives an actual justification for why fighters and such have 4E style superhuman special abilities.

I like the artwork too, modern fantasy art without oversized pauldrons and weapons, great! The "painting" is clearly drawn entirely in photoshop, and it shows. I don't think it's really fair to compare it to classic paintings though, those take a long time to paint, while this image is closer to a sketch.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Cipher and souls concept entices me, but I have to say I am so far disappointed with how standard fantasy this is. I know a lot of you need your Tolkien handjob or you walk, but I'm quite the opposite... standard fantasy instantly bores me and i need something to persuade me to stick around. I hope they release some details on more unique races or locations in the coming days, I might up my pledge if so. Give me a steampunk region, a goat people... a fucking forest of blue trees, what-the-fuck-ever. Throw me a bone.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a stereotypical fantasy game that is solid in every area and am unlikely to get bored of the genre until that happens.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer said:
distributors in Poland and Russia will be handling localization for these two languages
So I will be getting a boxed version after all. Although it will probably only contain game disc and online code activation, as was the case with boxed versions of Torchlight, Magicka and New Vegas.

Yeah. I am a HUGE fan of Bard's and Paladin's (those are my favorite 2 classes) but they might not fit in the setting. Would like to see them added though.

Bro I want paladins too. I think if it's high medieval period, and if the have priests (clerics) there's absolutely no reason not to have paladins (or a similar class). They have almost every class except them. Probably a stretch goal with bards? o_O

And yeah, I like the update. :incline:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So @J_C Matt,
Was Josh not supposed to add something about magic and/or kool-downs in the update, and this being the reason you cannot say anything about it yet ? When is your interview getting posted ? I do like the new stretch goal and the "mega dungeon" grew a bit too. As things stand, I wouldn't mind this ending up somewhere under $3mil, should symbolically end up below W2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not Matt, but he said that we can see the interview in the next Matt Chat. I suppose it will be posted during the weekend.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Josh Sawyer said:
distributors in Poland and Russia will be handling localization for these two languages
So I will be getting a boxed version after all. Although it will probably only contain game disc and online code activation, as was the case with boxed versions of Torchlight, Magicka and New Vegas.

Huh? What's stopping you from getting the English release?

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm thinking that it won't be as advanced/have as many options as creating the protagonist, but you should be able to fill in a relatively full character sheet. They'll probably do it as if you're filling out a "wanted: adventurer with this skillset" form and a dude shows up later to those exact specifications with some basic class centric equipment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom