Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Eternity Fundraiser POLL

Would you donate to a Codex fundraiser?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MCA
It's also mind boggling that they will be making 200 custom NPCs as requested by donors. The game will crawl with filler shit NPCs. I don't think there were anywhere near 200 filler NPCs in the entirety of Baldur's Gate. Surely a sign of a quality game to come, AMIRITE? Perhaps they will make all of them relatives of The Brazilian Slaughter...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Define "filler NPC". Baldur's Gate was chock-full of random hicks telling you "I got things to do, one not being sittin' on me duffer talkin' to you!".

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's also mind boggling that they will be making 200 custom NPCs as requested by donors. The game will crawl with filler shit NPCs. I don't think there were anywhere near 200 filler NPCs in the entirety of Baldur's Gate. Surely a sign of a quality game to come, AMIRITE? Perhaps they will make all of them relatives of The Brazilian Slaughter...
I think those characters will be just bystanders in the cities. Like you had a lot of people in Baldur's Gate, who just walked around doing nothing. Instead here they will have a name, instead of calling them citizens or peasents.

Edit: oh, Infinitron was faster.

Phelot

Arcane
It will be kind of amusing seeing a world filled with donor designed romancable gay horse-hooman hybrids mingle with a myriad of anime inspired teen ninjas.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Define "filler NPC". Baldur's Gate was chock-full of random hicks telling you "I got things to do, one not being sittin' on me duffer talkin' to you!".

I liked the ones that wanted me to take a look at their titties.

And who cares anyway, if the game is moddable, the first mod to be released will be one that removes all these extra NPC's.

MCA

And who cares anyway, if the game is moddable, the first mod to be released will be one that removes turn all these extra NPC's into homos trying to buttfuck you.

Quoted for The Brazilian Slaughter.

Nowhere near 200, let alone 100. I think they were fewer than 50.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You need to replay then. Seriously, there were a ton of them. In some slummy areas of Baldur's Gate five seconds couldn't pass without somebody calling you a "long-tongued lout".

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Voted Yes. The Black Hound + Obsidian's own IP + Obsidian's Story-telling + 5 NON Mandatory companions + Classic IE like gameplay == YES!

Count me in.

MCA
It adds up to AT LEAST $2000 right now. So I think you should move fast and grab two of those $1000 rewards, especially since $3000 reward is shit (custom portrait), and raising $5000 (inn or tavern) or $10K is extremely unlikely in addition to the former being sold out (though they might make an exception if you asked, who knows). A Codexer NPC and a Codexian item, 2 boxed copies + 10 digital copies.

Come on, now, DarkUnderlord. Do these poor fellows a favour. And any amount in excess of $2000 could go to the server costs (unless you somehow reach $5000 and Obsidian makes an exception for us). It is likely to be a generic RTwP CRAP but at least it might lead to better things in near future. The Brazilian Slaughter Vult!

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
It adds up to AT LEAST $2000 right now. So I think you should move fast and grab two of those $1000 rewards, especially since $3000 reward is shit (custom portrait), and raising $5000 (inn or tavern) or $10K is extremely unlikely in addition to the former being sold out (though they might make an exception if you asked, who knows). A Codexer NPC and a Codexian item, 2 boxed copies + 10 digital copies.

Come on, now, DarkUnderlord. Do these poor fellows a favour. And any amount in excess of $2000 could go to the server costs (unless you somehow reach $5000 and Obsidian makes an exception for us). It is likely to be a generic RTwP CRAP but at least it might lead to better things in near future. The Brazilian Slaughter Vult!
They've mentioned they're looking at another $5k tier with something else than designing an inn.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

And who cares anyway, if the game is moddable, the first mod to be released will be one that removes turn all these extra NPC's into homos trying to buttfuck you.

Quoted for The Brazilian Slaughter.

Nowhere near 200, let alone 100. I think they were fewer than 50.

A game where the entire world is full of homos trying to buttfuck you would be pretty sinister. Being killed suddently turns into a mercy, or not, if they're into necrophillia.

Maybe you can resist and gain "Incline Points" which give you acess to Godly powers or engage in homo fuckery and gain "Decline Points" you can use for dark, depraved magic?
HHR can do the coding.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not a fan of RtWP or NWN2 so I'm really leery about this one. That said, I didn't chip in to the WL2 because I already bought a separate CE for myself... so... if Codex does do something here I might toss in $10.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bam! We started with a $5,000 tier that allowed the backer to set up an inn and receive some additional items. Fortunately or unfortunately, that sold out almost immediately. We've come up with a new tier that is aimed toward (but not limited to!) the forum communities that have shown (and continue to show) us so much support. Some of the most fun we've had as players, DMs, and game designers has happened when we got to deal with a group of enemy adventurers -- mercenaries, thugs, whatever you want to call them -- squaring off against the party. This new tier allows you to build a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude to throw at the player.
New $5000 tier is up. Only 6 available!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So we can create a marauding horde of racists, rapists, transsexuals and alcoholics? Interesting.

Temaperacl

Erudite
I might be willing to throw a couple hundred in for the Codex, but the game doesn't interest me enough to do much more than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom