Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Eternity Fundraiser POLL

Would you donate to a Codex fundraiser?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MCA
DU has spoken about running a fundraiser for RTwP crap:

So I have enough internet access tonight to do this to GameBanshee's interview:

sip​

tl;dr: It will suck be AWESOME.

There's not one thing in that interview that contained any detail, or any ounce of information. The video only has interviews with developers basically asking you to imagine how AWESOME it's all going to be - without a shred of anything to back it up, other than that individually, they worked on this awesome game you might remember (for its shoddy camera controls) that one time.

The thing doesn't even have a name yet. Also the World Map looks pretty shit. "Brass Crown Tower", "Godhammer Citadel", "Lake of Drow Tombs", "Israel's Well", "Free Palestine". Why not have "Great Big Lake Full of Water" and "Bad Guy Tower", it'd seem just as original.

And where are the fucking apostrophes? Don't these guys know how to name fantasy shit?

Now I note GameBanshee's ChipIn has only garnered $831 out of their $10,000 goal and people here are talking about putting money into this crap AWESOMENESS under the Codex' good and upstanding name. Before I defile the good honour of the Codex, I want to know how many people are willing to RIGHT THE FUCK NOW throw in some dollah and how much they want to throw in. I see we missed the inn (and no way would I've thrown in the cash before we raised any oof ours) and the $10k prize looks pretty shit (airfares). It wouldn't be too hard to put in multiple donations and split them up to get a bunch of epic weapons or some shit. Still, I want a list of names for the coming great expulsion of everyone who likes this shit donation drive.

I'll be out under some tree on a patch of dirt for the next few days but when I get back to civilisation, I may consider creating a donation drive at that time if there's enough interest - and if Obsidian have managed to at least put out some concept art or something.

¹Editor's Note: The IE games actually sucked. Any fun in them was despite the engine, not because of it.

So, here it is, the poll to determine whether the Codex will officially endorse RTwP crap with Steam DRM or not.

EITHER PICK THE CLOSEST AMOUNT OR PICK THE LAST OPTION AND POST HOW MUCH YOU WOULD DONATE

Also, DarkUnderlord, I suggest a sticky and a link from the main page.

If we get to do a fundraiser, I also suggest that those who voted for an amount but didn't actually donate be banned unless he's The Brazilian Slaughter.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Ahhhhh, shit. Clicked on wrong number. $250 instead of $25.

So, I'd donate $25.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am willing to cough up additional 20 bucks to advance Codexia fair but after that I and my bank account are done. Literally.

Lumpy

Arcane
Well what do you know, DU being an awful cunt again.

I really haven't the faintest idea why Wasteland 2 would be considered a superior project, since it was equally vague, but with a developer with no considerable track record.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well what do you know, DU being an awful cunt again.

I really haven't the faintest idea why Wasteland 2 would be considered a superior project, since it was equally vague, but with a developer with no considerable track record.

TURN BASED TACTICAL COMBAT? COPY PROTECTION FREE? LACK OF FUCKING ELVEN FAGGOTS?

Fargo atleast used the right honey for Codex bees.

MCA
Wasteland 2 vs Project Eternity:

• TURN-BASED
  • A clear vision of the game in regard to mainstream
  • No-DRM shit
  • Stretch goal: Mod tools
  • Stretch goal: More designers for more content
  • More sensible pledge rewards
  • No exclusive game content
  • Kick It Forward

VS.

• RTwP CRAP
  • Generic fantasy crap with Elf faggotry and all that
  • Steam DRM with a distinct lack of non-DRM option
  • No mod tools promised
  • Stretch goal: races and classes and a companion
  • Stretch goal: a companion
  • Stretch goal: house
  • Shit rewards
  • Not Kicking It Forward

Ahem... I think it's clear why WL2 was/is superior. Even the stretch goals for PE sound like DLC mods for Bethesda games.

Lumpy

Arcane
TURN BASED TACTICAL COMBAT?
Arcanum had turn-based tactical combat. It was shit, incidentally. Now, I'm convinced this Fargo fellow will deliver an excellent combat system, but then again, I'm not.

COPY PROTECTION FREE?
If having to install Steam is a big concern you really, really need to get your priorities straight. :?

LACK OF FUCKING ELVEN FAGGOTS?
Dude, I understand that some people might not be big fans of fantasy games, that's cool and all, but this is an MCA game for Christ's sake. A fantasy setting is the whole bloody point!

kaizoku

Arcane
Before I answer that, what I want to know is: is it possible to donate anonymously?
The reason I ask is because the codex doesn't want to be associated with someone like me (drug lord in south america).

Also, FYI, Obsidian told they would be adding a new 5,000$ tier. Let's wait for what they have to show.

I'd like to see the Codex represented as some nefarious group of villains (with trannies and troll members too) with some devious plans.
The player could then help them accomplish their goals (eg: take over a town) or kill them all.

But yes, I also don't understand DU's difference of opinion between W2 and PE.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Sorry guys, but fuck this shit... money don't grow on trees. :(

kaizoku

Arcane

• TURN-BASED
  • No-DRM shit
  • Kick It Forward

VS.

• RTwP CRAP
  • No mod tools promised
  • Shit rewards
  • Not Kicking It Forward

Ahem... I think it's clear why WL2 was/is superior. Even the stretch goals for PE sound like DLC mods for Bethesda games.

:rpgcodex:

kind of biased are you?

2.2 million, a new Region, a new Faction and another new Companion! And, dare we say it... ? LINUX!

We've been listening to your feedback, and have the following announcements:
DRM Free: We are looking into it! Please check back for updates.

Besides, this is a storyfag game.

MCA
Arcanum had turn-based tactical combat. It was shit, incidentally. Now, I'm convinced this Fargo fellow will deliver an excellent combat system, but then again, I'm not.

You are telling us that you would put more faith in a studio led by Feargus and their implementation of RTwP. And we all saw NWN2 + expansions. It's highly unlikely they will go create something wild and deep. It will most likely be some DND derivative shit, possibly with MMO-influenced crap like in DA:O.

Compared to that, the promise of a part-based TB by "this Fargo fellow" is a godsend.

If having to install Steam is a big concern you really, really need to get your priorities straight. :?

Telling other people what they are and they aren't entitled to be concerned with: yeah, just what The Brazilian Slaughter needs.

Dude, I understand that some people might not be big fans of fantasy games, that's cool and all, but this is an MCA game for Christ's sake. A fantasy setting is the whole bloody point!

It's the severe lack of at least some details other than "WERE DOING GENERIC FANTASY OLOLOLO".

• TURN-BASED
  • No-DRM shit
  • Kick It Forward
VS.

• RTwP CRAP
  • No mod tools promised
  • Shit rewards
  • Not Kicking It Forward

You forgot to add in your comparison that you could get W2 for 15$, while soon, you won't be able to get Project Eternity for less than 25$...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
villain of the story

Good polls are supposed to be non-biased, FYI.

The poll meets the requirements for forming an idea about whether running a fundraiser is worth it and that's all that matters here among us.

You sound butthurt, FYI. A single option that hurts your sensibilities shouldn't damage your reason so.

No, the options are fine. I'm talking about the fact that you're shitting up this topic with YOUR butthurt about "RTWP CRAP".

MCA
Except, for obvious reasons, mod tools would be thoroughly useless in a game based on quality writing and not on groundbreaking gameplay mechanics. Novels don't come packaged with a word editor either.

A more ignorant opinion couldn't have been uttered. Congratulations.

You forgot to add in your comparison that you could get W2 for 15$, while soon, you won't be able to get Project Eternity for less than 25$...

I'm just trying to be easy on Obsidian cocksuckers like The Brazilian Slaughter.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

• TURN-BASED
  • No-DRM shit
  • Kick It Forward

VS.

• RTwP CRAP
  • No mod tools promised
  • Shit rewards
  • Not Kicking It Forward

Really? Because I could read it this way...

Wasteland 2 - less new content for your money, modders relied on to fix brokenness and make the game a reasonable size and length, lack of connection to the contributors so Fargo's colossal ego can drive the project into the ground, turn-based means shitty Pokemon combat, fucking Unity shit means game will be designed for the iPad, lack of DRM means nobody will buy it and the game will fail financially, hiring more designers as stretch goals means inXile can't afford enough talent, worked on by nobody of consequence except MCA, etc.

Project Eternity - based on tried and true Infinity Engine gameplay loved by millions, fantasy used as a stepping stone for interesting characters and stories (we don't even know if there will be goddamn elves and dwarves in it), not to mention will probably be a subversion or otherwise extremely original take on fantasy, Steam DRM will bring exclusive community features, achievements, cloud saving and more sales, stretch goals mean more and more and more content as fans give more money, no "kicking it forward" means more money will go into the game itself, no less than three legendary RPG designers lending their talents...

:troll:

MCA
villain of the story

Good polls are supposed to be non-biased, FYI.

The poll meets the requirements for forming an idea about whether running a fundraiser is worth it and that's all that matters here among us.

You sound butthurt, FYI. A single option that hurts your sensibilities shouldn't damage your reason so.

No, the options are fine. I'm talking about the fact that you're shitting up this topic with YOUR butthurt about "RTWP CRAP".

Oh, okay, thank your for your kindness, then. Shouldn't forget about The Brazilian Slaughter, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sea
Wasteland 2 - uses shitty Unity casual game engine that needs to be modified for an RPG
Project Eternity - uses elite RPG engine developed by experts over more than half a decade

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As of today, not going to vote. Just need some more clarifications on their stretch goals. The pandering to BIODrones (companions/race) amd a player house is retarded, MORE stuff added to the game, extending the game/world/content is money way better spent (like most of the W2 stretch goals).

Will wait for further clarification.

:hmmm:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Steam DRM will bring exclusive community features, achievements, cloud saving

W2 will be on Steam too.

no "kicking it forward" means more money will go into the game itself

Donation money won't go into Kicking it Forward, but profits after the game is sold.

Be more careful with your trolling next time. Otherwise it's ok. :3/5:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom