Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Eternity Fundraiser POLL

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by villain of the story, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Would you donate to a Codex fundraiser?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2012.
  1. FUCK THIS SHIT NO

46.3%
  2. Yes - $5

2.0%
  3. Yes - $10

11.6%
  4. Yes - $25

21.8%
  5. Yes - $50

8.8%
  6. Yes - $100

2.7%
  7. Yes - $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yes - $200

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes - $250

0.7%
  10. Yes - $250+

3.4%
  11. Yes - Post how much you would donate

2.7%
  1. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    Click here and disable ads!
    DU has spoken about running a fundraiser for RTwP crap:

So, here it is, the poll to determine whether the Codex will officially endorse RTwP crap with Steam DRM or not.

EITHER PICK THE CLOSEST AMOUNT OR PICK THE LAST OPTION AND POST HOW MUCH YOU WOULD DONATE

Also, DarkUnderlord, I suggest a sticky and a link from the main page.

If we get to do a fundraiser, I also suggest that those who voted for an amount but didn't actually donate be banned unless he's The Brazilian Slaughter.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Duraframe300gender: ⚧ Arcane

Duraframe300
    Parrots:
    Ahhhhh, shit. Clicked on wrong number. $250 instead of $25.

So, I'd donate $25.

^ Top  
  3. evdkgender: ⚧ comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I am willing to cough up additional 20 bucks to advance Codexia fair but after that I and my bank account are done. Literally.

^ Top  
  4. Lumpygender: ⚧ Arcane

Lumpy
    Parrots:
    Well what do you know, DU being an awful cunt again.

I really haven't the faintest idea why Wasteland 2 would be considered a superior project, since it was equally vague, but with a developer with no considerable track record.

^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Commissar Dracogender: ⚧ KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Fuck this Shit.... I am not sure I will give the minimum 20-35 Jewgoldz for Kickstarter yet... all I see is Hype and Hordes of butthurted Biodrones :bounce:to this shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Commissar Dracogender: ⚧ KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    TURN BASED TACTICAL COMBAT? COPY PROTECTION FREE? LACK OF FUCKING ELVEN FAGGOTS?

Fargo atleast used the right honey for Codex bees.

^ Top  
  7. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    Wasteland 2 vs Project Eternity:

• TURN-BASED
    • A clear vision of the game in regard to mainstream
    • No-DRM shit
    • Stretch goal: Mod tools
    • Stretch goal: More designers for more content
    • More sensible pledge rewards
    • No exclusive game content
    • Kick It Forward

VS.

• RTwP CRAP
    • Generic fantasy crap with Elf faggotry and all that
    • Steam DRM with a distinct lack of non-DRM option
    • No mod tools promised
    • Stretch goal: races and classes and a companion
    • Stretch goal: races and classes and a companion
    • Stretch goal: a companion
    • Stretch goal: house
    • Shit rewards
    • Not Kicking It Forward

Ahem... I think it's clear why WL2 was/is superior. Even the stretch goals for PE sound like DLC mods for Bethesda games.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  8. Lumpygender: ⚧ Arcane

Lumpy
    Parrots:
    Arcanum had turn-based tactical combat. It was shit, incidentally. Now, I'm convinced this Fargo fellow will deliver an excellent combat system, but then again, I'm not.

If having to install Steam is a big concern you really, really need to get your priorities straight. :?

Dude, I understand that some people might not be big fans of fantasy games, that's cool and all, but this is an MCA game for Christ's sake. A fantasy setting is the whole bloody point!

^ Top  
  9. kaizokugender: ⚧ Arcane

kaizoku
    Parrots:
    Before I answer that, what I want to know is: is it possible to donate anonymously?
    The reason I ask is because the codex doesn't want to be associated with someone like me (drug lord in south america).

Also, FYI, Obsidian told they would be adding a new 5,000$ tier. Let's wait for what they have to show.

I'd like to see the Codex represented as some nefarious group of villains (with trannies and troll members too) with some devious plans.
    The player could then help them accomplish their goals (eg: take over a town) or kill them all.

But yes, I also don't understand DU's difference of opinion between W2 and PE.

^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  11. seagender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    Parrots:
    Sorry guys, but fuck this shit... money don't grow on trees. :(

^ Top  
  12. kaizokugender: ⚧ Arcane

kaizoku
    Parrots:
    :rpgcodex:

kind of biased are you?

Besides, this is a storyfag game.

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again IDtenTgender: ⚧ Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I'll pitch in $25, but only if an agreement with Obsidian is reached that will allow me a copy of the game too. Otherwise I'd rather support the kickstarter directly.

^ Top  
  14. Lumpygender: ⚧ Arcane

Lumpy
    Parrots:
    Except, for obvious reasons, mod tools would be thoroughly useless in a game based on quality writing and not on groundbreaking gameplay mechanics. Novels don't come packaged with a word editor either.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    You are telling us that you would put more faith in a studio led by Feargus and their implementation of RTwP. And we all saw NWN2 + expansions. It's highly unlikely they will go create something wild and deep. It will most likely be some DND derivative shit, possibly with MMO-influenced crap like in DA:O.

Compared to that, the promise of a part-based TB by "this Fargo fellow" is a godsend.

Telling other people what they are and they aren't entitled to be concerned with: yeah, just what The Brazilian Slaughter needs.

It's the severe lack of at least some details other than "WERE DOING GENERIC FANTASY OLOLOLO".

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. General Maxsongender: ⚧ Arcane

General Maxson
    Parrots:
    You forgot to add in your comparison that you could get W2 for 15$, while soon, you won't be able to get Project Eternity for less than 25$...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    The poll meets the requirements for forming an idea about whether running a fundraiser is worth it and that's all that matters here among us (that includes The Brazilian Slaughter).

You sound butthurt, FYI. A single option that hurts your sensibilities shouldn't damage your reason so.

^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    No, the options are fine. I'm talking about the fact that you're shitting up this topic with YOUR butthurt about "RTWP CRAP".

^ Top  
  19. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    A more ignorant opinion couldn't have been uttered. Congratulations.

I'm just trying to be easy on Obsidian cocksuckers like The Brazilian Slaughter.

^ Top  
  20. seagender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    Parrots:
    Really? Because I could read it this way...

Wasteland 2 - less new content for your money, modders relied on to fix brokenness and make the game a reasonable size and length, lack of connection to the contributors so Fargo's colossal ego can drive the project into the ground, turn-based means shitty Pokemon combat, fucking Unity shit means game will be designed for the iPad, lack of DRM means nobody will buy it and the game will fail financially, hiring more designers as stretch goals means inXile can't afford enough talent, worked on by nobody of consequence except MCA, etc.

Project Eternity - based on tried and true Infinity Engine gameplay loved by millions, fantasy used as a stepping stone for interesting characters and stories (we don't even know if there will be goddamn elves and dwarves in it), not to mention will probably be a subversion or otherwise extremely original take on fantasy, Steam DRM will bring exclusive community features, achievements, cloud saving and more sales, stretch goals mean more and more and more content as fans give more money, no "kicking it forward" means more money will go into the game itself, no less than three legendary RPG designers lending their talents...

:troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    Oh, okay, thank your for your kindness, then. Shouldn't forget about The Brazilian Slaughter, though.

^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    sea
    Wasteland 2 - uses shitty Unity casual game engine that needs to be modified for an RPG
    Project Eternity - uses elite RPG engine developed by experts over more than half a decade

^ Top  
  23. villain of the storygender: ⚧ Unwanted

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    MCA
    Okay then how about this:

Wasteland 2: Chris Avellone + a shitload of other names + Mark Morgan

Project Eternity: Just Chris Avellone.

Therefore, WL2 > PE :troll:

(approved by The Brazilian Slaughter)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    As of today, not going to vote. Just need some more clarifications on their stretch goals. The pandering to BIODrones (companions/race) amd a player house is retarded, MORE stuff added to the game, extending the game/world/content is money way better spent (like most of the W2 stretch goals).

Will wait for further clarification.

:hmmm:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. FeelTheRadsgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Parrots:
    W2 will be on Steam too.

Donation money won't go into Kicking it Forward, but profits after the game is sold.

Be more careful with your trolling next time. Otherwise it's ok. :3/5:

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)