Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Cassidy

Arcane
*redacted*

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Hmm... numerology is not really a strong area for me.

One usually refers to god though so that is a good one.

If we are looking for a cure for Alexis then 40 might be good, it is usually associated with penance, the passage of time and the fulfillment of punishments. At least for the Christians...

Of course this is a Persian labyrinth so Christian numbers may not mean much.

7 and 72 are both important from what little I can recall about Zoroastrianism so those might be good choices as well. I think 72 is also associated with eternal youth but I can not remember (I might be confusing religions here...)

I will take a chance on:

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Get the hell out of here. Unless someone can pull some Zoroastrian numerology out of their ass, a 1/666 chance of getting anywhere useful isn't worth it.

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
Because:
- Since Ahriman is supposed to be evil force of Zoroastrianism then most likely "his" number would be rather in opposition to 7 / 72 and other "good" numbers in this religion
- So 1 1 1 might be a hint of trinitarism which might be a corruption of dualist worldview and hint at other religions that supplanted this faith
- Moreover Ahriman might request ONE thought, ONE word and ONE deed (as opposed to good thoughts, words & deeds)
- Number ONE might suggest that he wants to be the only worshipped being
- numbers 1 and 11 are numerologically connected to Ahriman
- 111 has several nice mathematical properties:
it is divided by 1, 3, 37, 111 and
111=3x37 (number 3 and 7 are rather important and symbolic in religions)
3+37=40 (number mentioned by Fangshi)
111 = 666 / 6 (also sometimes number of beast is referred as 616 and that suggest that both numbers might be inspired by 111)

Fangshi

Arcane
Tempted to flop to 111. It might take us right to the guy in charge here.

I guess the question is do we want to try and run into Ahriman or are we hoping to find something else and get out of here without getting caught.

dab

Augur
Tempted to flop to 111. It might take us right to the guy in charge here.

I guess the question is do we want to try and run into Ahriman or are we hoping to find something else and get out of here without getting caught.
That's a good question but I seriously doubt that we can find anybody else in place called Maw of Ahriman especially given smell of blood and general creepiness of this caves...
I understand that this might cause deja vu of Mayan Underworld, but theoretically we might promise to make offering of from Seljuk hordes to please Blood Lord / Ahriman / who(what)ever dwells here...

Fangshi

Arcane
I think you might be right and we have to find Ahriman if we want to gain anything but... just don't want to wind up pregnant with another monster baby really... :lol:

What does everyone else think? What are we trying to achieve here exactly?

Baltika9

Arcane
Uh. I dunno. But Alexis seems to think that the answer to his plight is in here.

dab

Augur
1B
2B

Because 1A & 2DCLXVI smells like a trap and 2C seems somewhat suicidal...

Cassidy

Arcane
2-C, refuse the offer and attempt to kill the Daeva with the sword, has won, but there is a tie between 1-A, find out about what could be Freyjanna's true self and 1-B, leave the past behind and forgotten, and that is one that is too important for a coin flip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom