Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Prelude Bugs

Discussion in 'Prelude To Darkness' started by spork, Feb 21, 2008.

1. spork Novice

spork
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I just downloaded P to D, and got th 1.8 and 1.9 patches, but still get the blanked out numbers on the character screen. Maybe I'm not installing the patch right, I just figured that it intalled itself. Any help would be appreciated.

^ Top  
  2. spork Novice

spork
    Parrots:
    I did look through the rest of the forum for a similar

problem but couldn't find it. I had a problem with the megamod for FO2 as well, too ignorant to know where the folder is to save the mod, or where the lines of script to correct are...

^ Top  
  3. spork Novice

spork
    Parrots:
    nevermind!

It seems to going now. If someone wants to delete this thread, it's probably just clutter now.

^ Top  
  4. Ander Vinz Scholar

Ander Vinz
    Parrots:
    1.9, eh? Are you kidding?

^ Top  
  5. spork Novice

spork
    Parrots:
    Wrong number I put, probably. 1.8 then? Can't tell if I'm going to like this game. I liked the character creation, and peoples opinions seemed favorable, but the game is a little clunky. I'm liking Eschalon a little better, but it might be that I just feel claustraphobic with the camera angle in P t D, feels a little close.

^ Top  
  6. Fez Erudite

Fez
    Parrots:
    Remember the autosave is a big help when it comes to the game's frequent crashes. Persevere and you'll find a gem of a game.

^ Top  
  7. Zyrxil Scholar

Zyrxil
    Parrots:
    Is there a way to get Mairo in Land's End to give you a second meal to deliver to the priest in the Temple, if you've already delivered the meal before starting the Rebellion quests, or is that just a known bug with no workaround?

^ Top  
  8. Slylandro Scholar

Slylandro
    Parrots:
    I'm pretty sure that's a bug, I think I ran into it at some point but I don't remember completely. There was another one that nabbed me-- there's some jeweler in one of the cities (the Barrier iirc) who you shouldn't help early on because he has a plot critical dialog later and if you help him, he'll always thank you when you meet him and he'll never get to the dialog.

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Parrots:
    It is bug. Mention Watcher to Kalliope or use this quick and dirty fix:

open \people.txt

Edit

(!Do you need us to deliver another meal?!
    (if (not (flag ^DeliveryTime^))
    (sflag ^DeliveryTime^ (gettotaltime))
    ()
    )

to

(!Do you need us to deliver another meal?!
    (give ^PARTY^ ^Temple Meal^)
    (if (not (flag ^DeliveryTime^))
    (sflag ^DeliveryTime^ (gettotaltime))
    ()
    )

I'm too tired to think about more correct solution.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)