Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
planescape%2Btorment.jpg

Part I of my retrospective for the original and authoritative incarnation of PS:T has been posted.

I also posted a write-up for Magic Missile (how much can one say about one first circle spell?), in which I also showcase MoP and EED, too.

Here is MM + EED in action (30 missiles):

And here is MoP in action (20 missiles):

Explanations are in post.

30-Apr-2018: Another write-up:

Top 10 Best Infinity Engine Weapons (Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, IWD2) + Holy Avenger Comparison (Carsomyr, Pale Justice, Cera Sumat)

Two PS:T weapons make the cut.

02-May-2018:

Top 10 Best Infinity Engine Axes (Baldur's Gate, BG2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, IWD2)

Top 10 Best Infinity Engine Longblades (Long Swords, Katanas, Scimitars, Bastard Swords) (Baldur's Gate, BG2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, IWD2)

Top 10 Best Infinity Engine Two-Handed Swords Greatswords (Baldur's Gate, BG2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, IWD2)

To moderators: Didn't really want to put this in PS:T mega-thread because it's not EE and covers MM generally. Btw, didn't get any Google hits on EED on the 'Dex.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I liked the write up of the IE games spells. There's some details in there I didn't know, especially about the usefulness of summons.

But paywall? Come on Lilura..

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Man, Fall-From-Grace AI is so retarded in the original. Did they fix it in the EE?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyway, Lilura, your dislike for PST, even if masked by "somewhat" true points it's fully transparent.
DND is not about combat. DND is just a framework to roleplay a role... this could include combat and it has rules for it, and much else.

Anyway it may be true that PST is a game made for "men" as Roguey said, so you are forgiven.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
DND is not about combat. DND is just a framework to roleplay a role
While the latter is true, D&D is definitely very much about combat given the many rules and official modules that focus on it.

I mean it's right there in the title. Dungeons and Dragons. Of course, dungeons are full of traps to avoid and disarm and rooms to explore, there are also many hostile creatures in those dungeons. :P

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You can easily run a ultra-light combat campaign and, for example, focus on exploring. Is it fun? I don't know and I don't care. The point is in roleplaying anyway and Lilura fails at it.

I am not sitting before my PC to watch, I am sitting before my PC to play a game. It's called game-play and it's what makes games games.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of course she isn't going to like PS:T. She said herself that she skips the dialogue in RPGs to get to the combat. Obviously this is not her kind of game.

For example, I love that saying the wrong thing can lock you out of content. It add some weight to the dialogue tree rather than making it little more than a menu to click through in order to access quests. But she sees this as a bad design decision.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I didn't get that critique tbh, looks just like someone trying to powergaming and getting frustrated it has to reload to get the +3 instead of the +2. And also the writing style that should be confined to "gypsies and beggars" (????)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
By the way I just noticed the tags for this thread and literally laughed out loud. :lol: Did she do those or did a mod?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom