Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible Expansion Tease Twitter Thing

Drax

Arcane
CVYdqQp.jpg

Helium-based Yoda-like companion confirmed.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Adam Brennecke also said on the TB stream that the first expansion would be this summer.

Tigranes

Arcane
There better be a quest to infiltrate a stronghold using a balloon or I will hate Obsidian forever and become the new Volourn

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There better be a quest to infiltrate a stronghold using a balloon or I will hate Obsidian forever and become the new Volourn

Better not include anything controversial Obsidian, wouldn't want to make the twitter mobs angry.
Balloons would be exclusive of obese players and be considered fat-shaming. Sorry.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'm pretty sure now MCA hates the guy that handles the twitter and just pulled a Monty Python Oscar Wilde sketch on the dude.

"Yeah, they'll announce something and they'll do it in rhyme!"
"... You bastard."

https://youtu.be/UxXW6tfl2Y0?t=2m17s

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Ok, I've got it.
"A tale that sword told near the sea"
-The only talking sword related to PoE appeared in BG 2
-The nearest he was to the sea was in the city of fish people
-The phrase also references BG I expansion: Tales form the Sword Coast, part of which took place on an island
A Rauatai-focused expansion full of Aumaua confirmed!

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Apparently the additional content(expansion) will be added to the game world, instead of beginning after you've finished the game or being a completely separate adventure where you import your character/party.

Orma: how are the expansions going to work with characters who've finished the story, 'import' like in heart of winter?

baby goat (JESawyer): there's a separate auto-save made right before jumping in the pit

The bit about the sword just references BG1's expansion. So this first expansion will just add new stuff (probably another big dungeon too).

And I guess you get to do some tourism via blimp until you crashland in some unfamiliar land and get eaten by wolves...

A horse of course

I have a distinct memory of Obshitian stating that the first expansion would be relatively small (the one they've been working on since before the game actually shipped) but future expansions would be much larger.

Of course "size" by PoE standards could just mean how many copypasta'd trash mobs they crammed into each room.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The first expansion means the first half of the expansion I think? Think like a new quest hub and one place of adventure with maybe a wilderness map or two.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom