Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper POLL: What type of fag are you?

What type of fag are you? (can choose up to 3)

• Combatfag.

Votes: 204 41.6%
  • Explorationfag.

Votes: 256 52.2%
  • Storyfag.

Votes: 259 52.9%
  • Systemsfag.

Votes: 193 39.4%
  • CNCfag.

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • Moment to moment gameplay feelz fag

Votes: 59 12.0%
  • Just a plain and simple fag.

Votes: 52 10.6%

• Total voters

Leitz

Learned
This poll has no Challengefag. Where is it? Many RPG's are especially fun to play for the challenge.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like my faggotry well rounded (as far as possible) around several aspects without any one inherently eating the others. The experience is better when every aspect is at least passable, as opposed to one nugget of goild trying to cover up for a mountain of shit.

Leitz

Learned
This poll has no Challengefag. Where is it? Many RPG's are especially fun to play for the challenge.

Isn't that covered under combat?
Many RPG players seem to be interested mainly into difficult RPGs.

Games that people endure only for the overall challenge, even if it means bad and repetitive combat or a lot of frustration. The challenges derive from riddles, level design, combat or just overall gameplay. Why are people soloing party based games? Why are people still mapping out the early Wizardries on their own? Why are people taking the time to make it through Nethack? Why CBS? For the challenge.

Deleted member 7219

In order of importance:

1. Storyfag
2. CNCfag
3. Explorationfag

If those three criteria are met, then it doesn't matter about the combat or the systems. See Torment, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher series.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In order of importance:

1. Storyfag
2. CNCfag
3. Explorationfag

If those three criteria are met, then it doesn't matter about the combat or the systems. See Torment, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher series.

Same as here good combat is bonus but if those game aspects turn to be bland and unhooking which mean game lacks immersion seldom finish it (DDOS will finish the enhanced edition though as combat is that good in this one and I did gave Larian shitload of shekels in Kickstarter plust its not as bland not balanced as PoE which I somehow did completed :negative:)

PC shooters and strategy games are not made anymore. So here we are.

Don't know about shooters but they are tons of strategy games made or released by Slitherine, Matrix Games etc... Just don't expect AAA Graphics, CGI cut scenes or Fully voice acting. And they tend to cost more but its just another sign its :obviously: hobby and not being for steam dirty peasants.

majestik12

Arcane
I want the good game worlds. That usually means quality art direction and level design, and a backstory that is not jrpg too retarded.
And on top of that there must be something interesting, but pretty much anything goes, if done right. It can be a great linear story with deep characters, or a simulation that provides plentiful C&C. Might be a huge open environment, or a progression of small levels that are fun to "solve". Or it can be somwhere in the middle ground.
Good combat is better than bad combat, but I can live with it, if the rest is great.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1.: C&C
2.: Story

But as was said before, I really miss the Atmofag option. Would have been my second vote.

I don't really mind the other faggotries as long as they aren't a) getting in my way by being frustratingly shitty or b) obviously being dumbed down and consoletarded.

valcik

Arcane
1. System
2. CnC
3. Combat
4. Story
5. Exploration
6. Moment-to-moment

Got bored and left

I'm primarily a story- and cncfag, in that if those two elements are megasupergreat I'm willing the overlook whatever other weaknesses the game may have and still enjoy it, but I want the faggotry to be in perfect balance, damnit! :balance: That's the only way to have a reaaally great game, I'd think.

D:OS proved to me that I can be a bit of a combatfag as well, because dayum, the combat in that game was fantastic, at least initially. Still, the sheer badness of the writing there just kinda forced me to stop playing at some point (I will be giving the game a second chance, though, I'm sure it's worth it). Why aren't there more games with good combat AND good story/cnc/whatevs (or are there? Do enlighten me if I'm wrong, I'd love to play those titles)?

Last edited by a moderator:

fanta

Arcane
Combat, Atmosphere, Systems. The fag of an OP didn't even think of atmosphere.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Combat, story and exploration, in that order.
I don't give a shit about C&C (life is too short to play the same game multiple times), except that I want different char builds to play differently. :M

edit:
Ok, I actually do care about C&C, but only when the game is retarded and destroys my suspension of disbelief.
See FO3 "You just killed my ants! I hate you!" -> directly afterwards: "You want my help? I'd love to help you, cuz you're the chosen one." :retarded:
Or in a nutshell: Bethestard must be able to experience everything the game has to offer in one playthrough design philosophy

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Story+Explorationfag

Combat can be nice, I did finish Dark Souls 1+2 and many other action games, but yeah, I will always take exploration first, with story if possible. Hence Gothic 2/Witcher 3/Fallout NV/Vampire Bloodlines being my favourites.

DramaticPopcorn

What does " Moment to moment gameplay feelz fag" mean?

I think I'm more of a worldbuilding fag. I'm pretty forgiving towards stupid or silly settings as long as they are consistent with their own rules within it and have actual logic and common sense behind them, without the elements that simply exist for the cool or wow! factor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom