Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

L'ennui

Magister
I honestly can't recall, but looking at the last time Urash's character sheet was modified in Google Drive, it looks like no edits were made after I posted the spell being cast, so it's more likely that he only has 11 MP left.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I honestly can't recall, but looking at the last time Urash's character sheet was modified in Google Drive, it looks like no edits were made after I posted the spell being cast, so it's more likely that he only has 11 MP left.
it's a success then

nikolokolus

Arcane
The 9' tall creature, built like a brick shit-house, turns its head and lowers its shoulders before barreling across the grounds and slamming head-long into the tower door.
Ogre vs. Door (65%) vs. [1d100] = 41% *SMASH!!*
The door bursts from its hinges and caves inward. The Ogre shakes its head and looks around blearily and a little stunned, with a thin rivulet of blood running down its nose.

The two remaining gerblins advance on the helpless Marcán with spears levelled
Gerblin spears vs. Marcán (45%): 1st [1d100] = 1%, dmg [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4 2nd [1d100] = 98%, dmg [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 A CRITICAL! and a Failure

Siveon Marcán is still eligible to Dodge the attacks (remember that a critical nullifies the goblin's critical, and a special would reduce his attack to a Normal success, so not all is lost).

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
With the door smashed, Rhenmyr enters the tower, briefly asses the situation, and unless something draws his attention he tries to get to the top.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon completes his spell and almost instantly a thick mist starts to gather around the north tower barbican, that spreads out in a lens about 25 meters wide and 5 meters thick, this is enough to blot out the sky over about half of the courtyard and the crossbowman who was presumably re-loading his crossbow begins cursing loudly.

Rhenmyr looks around the ground floor of the tower and sees several bunkbeds up against the walls; the blankets and linens look filthy and unkempt. a ladder in the far right-hand corner climbs about 5 meters into the air, ending at a closed trap door. Rhenmyr gets up to the trap door and pushes against it. It feels like it's locked or at least blocked off.

Actions left in round 3:
Marcán's Dodge (and armor roll if necessary)

Round 4:
Rhenmyr
Borric
Amon

Mab
Gerblins
Marcán
Urash
Ogres
(1 dominated by Solon, the other writhing in agony from Amon's spell)
Solon (looking terrified and a little confused).

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
You have no attack this round, but no biggie, since your roll missed.
This is the additional damage inflicted against Marcán: Your successful dodge mitigated part of the blow reducing it to a 'Special'; i.e. double-damage.
"Special" additional damage to Marcán [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
so: 4+7-1=10 damage. Not a major wound, but you are down to 7 HP (FYI I updated your character sheet).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr pushes against the hatch and hears, a *yelp* as the door swings upward. As he pushes the hatch open and lifts his head above and starts to climb through, he sees a goblin laying flat on its back about 1 meter away, with a loaded crossbow laying next to him. The goblin starts to scramble for the crossbow.

Grimgravy both you and the gerblin are surprised. Make an opposed Agility roll (the highest roll that is also a success, or highest degree of success wins the roll) if you win you get a free action, if you lose the gerblin gets a free shot at you while you're helpless. If you both fail, normal initiative order for the round takes over (you've already taken your action this round, but you won't be considered helpless).

nikolokolus

Arcane
goblin's dodge (45%) vs Borric: [1d100] = 73%
Borric swings his maul in a wide sweeping arc and catches the greenskin in the ribs. *CRUNCH* The diminutive figure crumples like a crushed tin can and slides several meters across the pavers. The other remaining goblin seeing the chaos all around him throws down his spear and throws up his hands, "I yield!" and takes a couple of steps back whimpering.

Meanwhile, Urash directs his dominated ogre towards the one writhing on the ground in agony and it kneels down and puts its massive arms around the neck of the other and starts squeezing the life out of him. (Special=Half STR to resist)
The defenseless ogre cannot throw off his attacker and starts to suffocate.

From far overhead, a shrill, ear-piercing, scream that sounds something like an eagle crossed with nails on a chalkboard resounds across the canyon. Each of you look up and see a large bird? . . . No, wait. Those look more like bat wings . . . soaring overhead and flying in a figure-8 pattern hundreds of feet up. Is that a figure perched on its back?

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Wayward Son Mab is up

Solon waddles as fast as he can for the sundered door behind Urash.

Urash looks skyward and observes the flying creature. Based on its bat wings, and long prehensile tail ending in a vicious looking looking barb, the word "Wyvern" springs to mind. A mythological beast said to possess an animalistic cruelty and a nasty poison sting.

ROUND 5 (Dex Ranks)
Rhenmyr
Borric
Amon
Wyvern & rider
Mab
Urash
Marcán
Ogre

J0FzSt0.png

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I want to shield bash the gerblin over the parapet. Is that an option? If so tell what to roll and I'll do it after work. Edit: the punk who shot me didn't surrenderdid he?
Edit edit: looks like I want to do a knock back attack. Roll in a few hours.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
I want to shield bash the gerblin over the parapet. Is that an option? If so tell what to roll and I'll do it after work. Edit: the punk who shot me didn't surrenderdid he?
He definitely didn't surrender. As far as he's concerned he just hit you with a crossbow and it's just you and he.

If you want to perform an knock-back maneuver you can either use a shield or a Wrestle. If successful, you match your STR vs. the opponent's SIZ and the difference is how far back you push them in meters. In this case that's 18 STR vs. 8 SIZ so ten meters. Each square above is 3 meters wide. if this was on flat ground he'd get an Agility roll, but you've got enough heft to push him off, if you succeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom