Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán is overcome with the urge to laugh. You suddenly recognize the menhirs arrayed around you. This ring is inside your clan's territory; a little-used henge about 20 miles away from Kaer Eanyn. This spot is about a league upriver from Zelkor's Ferry where your insane odyssey began about a month ago. Odessos is literally an hour or two away.

Odessos-1.png

(the patch of hills northwest of Zelkor's at the edge of the forest).

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán is probably the most excited he's ever been, after he tells the group of their location. "Whatever the hell you used Urash, you took me home. From another world, to home. I invite you all to my village for a drink at least. We need that much."

Marcán subconsciously looks out for Oona.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oona's brows are knitted together as though she is deep in thought or concerned. The ruby-red teardrop pendant around her neck is glowing and pulsing with an inner light that it wasn't before.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"Ah.. you arcane-inclined folk know what's going on with Oona?" Marcán says, making a tentative pointing gesture at Oona.

"While my training as a sorcerer was cut a bit short for other pursuits, I can still see that whatever is happening is probably not going to be favorable to any of us. I think we should remove that pendant and bury deep in the ground. Or a volcano, a volcano would be good. Alas, that would take a large group and many weeks of travel to find a volcano suitable."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Ah.. you arcane-inclined folk know what's going on with Oona?" Marcán says, making a tentative pointing gesture at Oona.
"Do ya think I cannae hear ya? I'm right 'ere. I doon ken what the 'ells is wrong with this thing, but it hasnae done this before."

Siveon

Bot
"Ah, well you seemed to be out of it. Maybe Solon knows? Just... don't kick him again." Marcán turns to Rhenmyr, "Ghul is a good idea too, although the city might still be on the watch for us, and he might be none too pleased to see how little we accomplished."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Ah, well you seemed to be out of it. Maybe Solon knows? Just... don't kick him again." Marcán turns to Rhenmyr, "Ghul is a good idea too, although the city might still be on the watch for us, and he might be none too pleased to see how little we accomplished."
"Ootae it? Nay. My memory is full o' holes an' I'm anxious to get 'ome. I'm not ungrateful, I'm just nervous is all; I keep wanting tae look o'er my shoulder expecting tae see that horrible brute Talorc, or worse that "thing" who stole me away . . ."

Siveon

Bot
"We're a bit far from your home, Oona. That may take some time. But hey you're at least used to traveling with our lot, eh? We'll see to your necklace, and perhaps send you back home. We're not likely to see those things again, either, I reckon. They're not from our world, and I imagine we won't see the likes of them unless we seek them out." Marcán says reassuringly.

"Anyone got any other ideas? I'm still for getting home, it took me a month to go searching for my kin, I wouldn't be surprised to see that they returned without me."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon fidgets a little bit nervously, "I do know what it is . . . and the fact that it has come to life is tantalizing and terrifying. It means we are very close to Koren's seclusium; this drop of 'blood' is attenuated to him, a portion of his very soul resides within this thing."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"So if you are so terrified, does this mean Ghul is, evil?
Solon wrinkles his brows, "I'm not even sure what that means? Can master Ghul be cruel and demanding? Certainly. Is he motivated by malice, or hate? I wouldn't say so. He's very single-minded and has no tolerance for failure, if that's 'evil' then so be it." Solon clears his throat, "If you could refrain from mentioning the theft of the tear I would appreciate it."

"Well, all is good Solon. I think we can conveniently forget the theft. You have done your part to ensure we all survived, and we owe you at least that. This Ghul sound like Sadamimon. He could be singularly focused. I think that is what lead him down the road to become possessed by Ikhthanabu Xul."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon narrows his eyes and looks very hard at Amon, "The Ikhtanbu Xul of Belthaar?" He seems suspicious, "He's been dead for over sixty years. Do mean to imply that the ghost of one of the most dread Necromancers of Acadia possessed someone you know? What became of this shade?"

"Yes, the Xul. I conversed with him also. He had memories of things that I could only attribute to it being the real Xul. He possessed my foster father. He is still living in the catacombs of Belthaar. I would no go there though. If the priests catch you, they will surely string you up and feed your entrails to the buzzards. They own the dead in the ciry afterall."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon listens and turns the corners of his mouth down, as if he finds the tale interesting, but isn't necessarily convinced of its veracity. "Well, if it's as you say, then who am I to argue?" He turns away and addresses the rest of you, "So. What now? How far away is this village of yours Kelt? I could do with a hot bath, a flagon of mead and a home cooked meal before facing Ghul."

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"Not far, not far. A few days at most, should be able to make it soon enough."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I still need that drink. Wish I remembered why exactly I need it. Onward, friends."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The group sets off along the old, deep-rutted track under the late-spring sun; the day is warm and pleasant and the air full of buzzing insects in sharp contrast to the weird, gloomy and oddly still Otherworld you just escaped. Thankfully the journey to Kaer Eanyn passes quickly and uneventfully over the next day-and-a-half.

Finally with daylight fading, you crest the last hill and round the last bend and look out over the narrow valley to the hill-fort where Marcán's ancestral home awaits. Curiously there are no outriders, no shepherds, drovers, farmers or fishermen around the base of the settlement, and with dusk approaching, the top of the rounded knoll is eerily silent as you approach; no braziers or torches lit as you would expect under the failing light. The hill-top town stands quiet, silhouetted against the pink and purple skyline about a mile away.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Not as welcoming as I had hoped."

Rhenmyr would take the time to check the necklace and the plaques he found, the party, and general surrounds with his mirror during the trip. Anything interesting reflected?

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Not as welcoming as I had hoped."

Rhenmyr would take the time to check the necklace and the plaques he found, the party, and general surrounds with his mirror during the trip. Anything interesting reflected?
I blame old age. Refresh my memory, where did the plaques and the necklace come from? (that will help me know where to go looking in my notes).
The mirror reveals nothing illusory. The landscape around is as natural as it could possibly be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom