Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Play-by-post: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (DCC RPG)

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
GMwcqO7.png
: I wonder how much moktar and wolves' organs are worth in Chelmsfordshire... Well, that can wait until we're done here. Hey, you guys in front, get a move on will you!

Corin: "Wolf meat doesn't sell for much, but you might get a bit of coin from the pelt. But, if you are in such a hurry, be my guest and pass on by."

Corin bows slightly and points forward.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moktar meat might indeed be a delicacy in some of the more unusual or eccentric charcuteries of Denethix, but it would take some time (If somebody actually wants to skin the wolf, or actually butcher the Moktar you can do it if you have the appropriate occupation: Hunter, trapper, butcher, etc.)

As people mill around in the dim tunnel, Phil and Lenny come up from behind.

Phil: "What's the hold up?"
Lenny: "Yeah. Move on ahead we'll dispose of this mess." Lenny quickly runs over to the Moktar and starts patting it down. Phil strides over to Tindrili and Renard, patting down their deceased corpses.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Those are the only two fatalities right . . . it's been awhile, so I might have forgotten).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Harrah and a teammate take the time to repair his pitchfork before proceeding. Meycar spends that time butchering the Moktar.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Moktar meat might indeed be a delicacy in some of the more unusual or eccentric charcuteries of Denethix, but it would take some time (If somebody actually wants to skin the wolf, or actually butcher the Moktar you can do it if you have the appropriate occupation: Hunter, trapper, butcher, etc.)

As people mill around in the dim tunnel, Phil and Lenny come up from behind.

Phil: "What's the hold up?"
Lenny: "Yeah. Move on ahead we'll dispose of this mess." Lenny quickly runs over to the Moktar and starts patting it down. Phil strides over to Tindrili and Renard, patting down their deceased corpses.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Those are the only two fatalities right . . . it's been awhile, so I might have forgotten).
Ain't Tindrili down the hole with one of the wolves?

GMwcqO7.png
: Ah, the foolishness of youth... Guarding the rear is one of the most daring job, and I won't let any young whippersnapper throw his life away like that. Better let that old man take the risks.
5MtGljP.png
:
Right. Like he said.

Dyrak walks over to Horace and Renard and pushes Phil out of the way, like a grade school bully, and starts to grab their meager belongings. He grabs the piece of chalk off of Horaces's corpse, sniffs it, takes a bite, crunches in it for a few bites then spits it out and puts the rest in his pocket. He grabs the torch, fountain pen, sling and stuffs them into the waterproof sack.

Corin-"Renard was my friend, he would want me to have the sling."

Dyrak stares at Corin, and drops the sling into the bag and ties it up throwing it over his should.

Corin-"Fine you hairy bastard, I'll take it off of your corpse later!"

Dyrak shrugs his shoulders, stands up and walks away from the bodiesleaving their coin.

Last edited:
Dyrak performs a shamanistic ritual with dancing, yelling, and a puppet show banishing Samsung and Tapatalk to the nine hells!

nikolokolus

Arcane
Phil and Lenny look up at Dyrak with a mix of shock and incrdulity as they are unceremoniously shoved out of the way.

Phil: "Look you brute, we were just trying to make sure these poor unfortunates' effects make it back to their next of kin."
Lenny: "Highly improper! If you keep this up we'll have no choice but to report you for your insolence."

The two seem to be sizing up Dyrak and his massive bulk, share an inscrutable glance and then rise stiffly and retreat somewhat toward the entrance.

Meycar takes about 10 minutes to skin the wolf and butcher the Moktar into some nice steaks (ugh!). Conveniently there is trapdoor over a pit right next to you and throw the viscera bones onto the pressure-sensitive portal and a moment later it snaps open and the evidence of your gruesome work is taken out of view.

With the buthering done with Phil and Lenny whisper harshly, so as to be heard over the knocking and pinging sound that fills the hall.

Phil: "Alright, alright. Enough lollygagging, we've got to find Harvinus quickly. There's no telling what these barbaric Moks have done with him." he spares a Dyrak a sullen look.

Corin-"Meycar, cut like this. It will get the meat off of the bone easier."

Corin moves his hand in a cutting motion, imparting his skills as a butcher to Meycar.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
5MtGljP.png
: Erm. Dyrak, Vrac - that's your names, right? Y'don't mind if we cut up your kind an' eat the meat tonite I hope? Those two butchers could surely keep the best bites for ya if ya want

nikolokolus

Arcane
[Cannibalism amongst Moktars is not unheard of. Though it never happens within tribal groups.]

nikolokolus

Arcane
Baroda speaks up. "How do we get safely across the pit?"
Now that you are aware of the pressure-sensitive trapdoor, you see that it doesn't cover the entire passageway, a narrow 2 feet-wide ledge can be traversed around it on the left.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Seems we should go left. But first lets leave something for the wolves." Meycar thows a couple chunks of beef down the passage to the right and leaves a chunk on the edge of the trap.

tindrli

Arcane
Tally aproches to Meycar a swiftlly puts her dagger on his throat, and she whispered..
"No one is taking my kill. No one... I want my Moktar steakes back now

My English sux...will improve i hope so

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Tally aproches to Meycar a swiftlly puts her dagger on his throat, and she whispered..
"No one is taking my kill. No one... I want my Moktar steakes back now

My English sux...will improve i hope so
Nah. Your English is just fine, I was just having a bit of a laugh at the eruption of PvP so soon in the campaign :D

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
The only goal of the PPP is to raise chaos, make everybody kill each other while playing it safe then grabbing everybody's loot and getting the hell out of this hole :smug:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
DkbygYV.png
: Shouldn't we go towards where the wolves came from? They probably took the most direct route from their main camp don't you think?

GMwcqO7.png
: Shut up Celestin. You do have a point though, but we'll go with the flow for now.

The PPP courageously follows the rest of the expedition.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The troupe carefully picks their way around the pit and takes the left-hand fork of the tunnel that leads to the south.

xXtiqfx.png

The tunnel is very short -- ten feet or so -- and open up into a dingy, dimly lit 20x20 room. There are carcasses in various states of decay and bones almost too numerous to count. The western half of the room is separated by a wickerwork cage and thick mats of straw and bits of loose fur are clearly in evidence. The other half of the room looks like is dedicated as the living space for the kennel master moktar. A filthy straw pallet fills the southeast corner of the room, and there are various trinkets scattered about: a clay tankard, a large pewter plate, a string of brightly colored glass beads, a whip, and a great bloody cleaver with its point sunk into a heavy wood cutting block.

A whimpering sound is coming from the one of the kennels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom