Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Play-by-post: Anomalous Subsurface Environment (DCC RPG)

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Celestin smacks a distracted Moktar on the head with his hoe, sending the beast down and gore everywhere.
GMwcqO7.png
: Hahaha, you're a man now, Celestin!
DkbygYV.png
: Is-is that blood on my shirt?
GMwcqO7.png
: Just brain as far as I know. There's more of them, keep at it!
DkbygYV.png
::|
I want some Moktar soup tonight lahs, keep bashing the beasts

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Alchemist aims at the closest Moktar with the fallen gunsmith's gun, while the barber crouches down in front and helps the alchemist steady his aim.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm about to sleep, but tell me what modifiers I use, and I'll roll in the morning if that's okay.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Your Alchemist is +2 to-hit with the barber's aid. You will shoot at the end of the round however, since you are taking time to line up your shot.

nikolokolus

Arcane
That's OK, other people are free to act since his characters move to the back of the initiative for this round.

I'll be rolling for the Moks shortly (I'm at work right now)

nikolokolus

Arcane
The Moktar being grappled struggles to free to himself
Moktar Strength check to break the grapple [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15

Helly Mighty Pete needs to roll a Strength check to keep the Moktar pinned

The three Moktars who hurled spears earlier each draw a long knife from the waistband of their fur breechclouts and lunge ahead into the group.
Moktar dagger attacks [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3, [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6, [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8

Their attacks seem to lack any vitality and their movements are extremely sluggish almost as if they are poisoned.

In the northwest corner of the room a thin feeble man's voice rises above the din, "Flee you fools. You'll succumb too if you don't!"

@tindrili, ERYFKRAD, Helly, Grimgravy & L'ennui you are all up.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Hearing the man's warning, Harrah, Kraft, and Baroda move toward the passage to the south west.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The PPP rush at the weakened Moktars and fell two of them. One is skewered in the eye with an iron writing pen and Celestin's hoe sinks into another's neck.

Unfortunately Pete can't keep his Moktar grappled and the creature breaks free (will act in the next round).

Conrad mishandles his pitchfork and the tines catch in a crack in the floor. Pulling it free takes some effort and unfortunately one of the prongs is bent backward rendering the implement useless for now.

(For reference here is the map of the room again.)

MnUc1KD.png

With the odds clearly moving against them the last two Moktars throw down their knives in a gesture of surrender. Moments later a deafening *bang* erupts in the room as the report of two pistols fills the air and the two Moktars are blasted to kingdom come.

Instinctively everyone turns around to the doorway where you entered the chamber. Phil and Lenny are standing with grim expressions and pistols still held at the ready.

Lenny sneers, "Looky here Phil, they led us right to Harvinius."
Phil chortles, "Where's the treasure old man?"

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Phil and Lenny wave their pistols in a menacing manner at Prodigius, Dyrak, Conrad and Corin.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Phil stammers, "Where in the blue hell do you think you are going?"

Lenny interjects, "Throw down your weapons or we'll blast a hole in your guts wide enough to drive a wagon through!"

Corin- So you want us all to get whatever ails these poor bastards?

Dyrak looks at Phil and Lenny, shrugs, and drops his club.

Corin sees Dyrak drop his club, pauses for a second, then drops his cleaver.

Corin- All right you bastards. But if we get what's affecting these Moks...

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
5MtGljP.png
: No need to aim that at us boss, we ain't going nowhere. We're just repairing that pitchfork in case dem crazy beast starts attacking again.
AMgq0zT.png
: Great, those guys are turning out to be crazies too. Just my luck.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Phil turns to Lenny and give him an incredulous look, Lenny shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head confusedly.

Phil points the gun at the weak and haggard old man in the corner of the room. "Where's the gems Harvinius?! I'm not going to ask nicely again. If you make me ask again I'm gonna blow yer kneecaps off!"

Lenny levels his pistol at the group, "Go on you lot, into the south tunnel, we're going to find out what nasty traps the Moks might have left for us and then we're going to find where they stashed the loot!"

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Kraft and company duck into the south tunnel as they were headed that way already. Silently they the consider how best the avoid or kill the clearly insane scientists.

nikolokolus

Arcane
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I'm sorry I've been so far behind on keeping up with this game. I've been incredibly busy with work and other commitments in the last couple of months. This brings me to a sad conclusion. I don't think I can actually keep up with this and give it the attention it deserves now and possibly all the way through the summer -- in short, between RL, my Swords & Wizardry PbP game and another VTT tabletop game I've been trying to keep up with, I think I've finally reached a tipping point; it's just been too much to keep up with, without it feeling like more of a chore than an enjoyable pastime.

With that said, I'm afraid I'm going to have to table this DCC game for now. For anybody who is not currently in my S&W game (here on the codex) I'm extending an invitation to play there if you like. All apologies if I wasted anybody's time. I'm not happy about this decision, but it is necessary.

See you on the other side.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom