Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Planescape: Torment - Retrospective

Hey, mondblut, there are still games being made with FRUA - even full length, Gold Box-style ones. Not to mention dozens of excellent mods that haven't been played by more than the handful of people still active left to discover. So let's not overlook them!

mondblut

Arcane
I've been fairly active within FRUA community sometime between late 90s and 2005, but it seems quite dead now, with hardly a dozen messages a month in mailing list.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
mondblut said:
Alex said:
Is this why you are always so eager to troll this kind of thread? You actually think that if your own vision of what rpg games should was important enough, publishers would go back to financing them?

Au contraire. I actually think that if my own vision of what rpg games should be was important enough, the rpg fans would boycott watered-down shit en masse, eventually making publishers write them off and forget about the genre altogether as a no-profit sinkhole. *Then*, out of desperation, an indie scene of our own would be reborn, which is much less likely to happen as long as mainstream keeps throwing us rotting scraps as we greedily devour it and beg for more. I want the genre to be forever gone from mass market.
So true. Abandoned genres like IF and roguelikes blossoms and blooms. RPGs are stagnating. Shit like War Wizard and Yendorian Tales 3 better than shit like DA:O.

mondblut said:
I've been fairly active within FRUA community sometime between late 90s and 2005, but it seems quite dead now, with hardly a dozen messages a month in mailing list.

Still kicking a bit. Most of the activity has moved from the mailing list to the forum, where there are new posts every day. And you should try out 'The Sect', which was just released and has gotten entirely positive reactions so far (it's very good), and still to come within the next year or two is the second part of Twin Dragons, Deepdelvers of the Realm, AT2 (which has just begun anew), a few mods by hans (hopefully a full length one soon).

But, yeah, it's not what it used to be, and I can definitely understand losing interest/patience with it, but I don't think it's dead.

mondblut

Arcane
Thanks for the tip, I'll check that forum. I am quite scared of running UAShell within dosbox though :D Things were so much simpler when I had a Win98 machine with a dos partition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom