Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition officially revealed, coming April 11th

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Lurker Kinggender: ⚧ Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    :bravo:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. luj1gender: ⚧ Savant

luj1
    Parrots:
    Got the original version off GOG today. Ain't gonna risk Bumdog cunningly inserting liberal BS into it along with widescreen support. And sticking a $20 price tag on that.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. MercenarySnakegender: ⚧ Learned

MercenarySnake
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Purchased the original version off GOG as well a few days ago before they end up replacing it with this garbage. I don't plan on ever giving my money to Beamdong.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Junmarkogender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Junmarko
    Parrots:
    Bubbles In Memoria Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's obvious Beamdog/Overhaul Games are just WotC's puppets. Was funny after Siege of Dragonspear how those responsible weren't, fired, but "just left the company". Yeah, sure...lol.

^ Top  
  5. Bumvelcrowgender: ⚧ Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It looks as though GoG are no longer offering a discount for owners of the original, which is annoying, but has at least made my decision whether to buy it easier. :argh:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Goralgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Bumvelcrowgender: ⚧ Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Grrr... I didn't read it properly when it was announced and thought the discount would be available up until release day. :argh:

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Goralgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    Parrots:
    It's great news, at least you won't support these parasites. If you really want to get it you'll find it on torrents or IRC or mega or...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Viatagender: ⚧ Arcane

Viata
    Parrots:
    So this is what is like to stop playing games for a while but they come back to haunt you.
    :despair:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. skystgender: ⚧ Savant

skyst
    Parrots:
    It should just be a free update for those that already own the game on GOG; it's ultimately just an update to the same fucking game. It just feels scummy to see these ~20 year old games getting resold (successfully) at like double the price that the original version was being sold for weeks ago. I've played some of Beamdog's EEs and there's just nothing present to validate another purchase or the bump in price. I might advise a newcomer to grab the EE instead of needing to mod up a game that they really have no present investment in, but outside of those specific situations, I fail to see the point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. veevoirgender: ⚧ Klytus, I'm bored Patron

veevoir
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Well, in some cases (like my unfortunate PC) no amount of modding is able to fix the game. Either I bleed my eyes out in PST native resolution or some fucked up things (eg. mouse cursor running up and scrolling the screen with it, artifacts, other random shit) happen all the time. GOG has a refund policy for non-fixable technical shit, so if beamdog was able to do what mods couldn't.. I guess I can drop them some shekels

^ Top  
  12. schrugender: ⚧ Educated

schru
    Parrots:
    Try it with the dgVoodoo wrapper. Scaling with the CRT filter gives it a nice pattern that masks the blurring on an LCD, and setting the Max ISF resolution in the DirectX tab can make it sharper.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Azaelgender: ⚧ Magister

Azael
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2
    Fuck, forgot to get the old GOG version before this "Enhanced" version was released. I still have the original discs, somewhere, but the GOG version would have been less of a hassle to install and play.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Tacgnolgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Tacgnol
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yep, dgVoodoo fixed my issues. I used to have a lot of weird graphical issues with PST, but my last playthrough was pretty much perfect.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. tgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

t
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Go torrent.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)