Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In the first two hours of this thing there has been maybe ten minutes of combat... wtf.
I get the impression that the combat is pretty mashy/crappy anyway, so ... good thing?
That's my major concern but unfortunately haven't seen enough of it to judge. In the Gothics and Risen 1 you're thrown into combat within the first ten minutes. Here it's been at least two or three hours and barely anything.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
In the first two hours of this thing there has been maybe ten minutes of combat... wtf.
I get the impression that the combat is pretty mashy/crappy anyway, so ... good thing?
That's my major concern but unfortunately haven't seen enough of it to judge. In the Gothics and Risen 1 you're thrown into combat within the first ten minutes. Here it's been at least two or three hours and barely anything.

Maybe there is a reason why combat is missing from these clips.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Some slightly more open environments in those (just skimmed them). Still looks really disappointing though.

Still, I'll play it. :|

Shannow

Waster of Time
That's my major concern but unfortunately haven't seen enough of it to judge. In the Gothics and Risen 1 learn to avoid combat within the first ten minutes. And then come back once you've levelled/equiped up a bit. Here it's been at least two or three hours and barely anything.
Fixed.
And with that in mind might it be a "feature" to make the game more noob-friendly? ...:negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Welp, wake me when this dude's 'Let's Play' gets to some combat. Guessing ten or so videos from now.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is one thing you need to know about Gronkh.

He sucks at playing games. Really, he is utterly bad at most games.
People watch his vids not to be informed, but to be amused at how he fails and because he has humor and brings some funny sayings and one-liners.
Also because he tends to play utterly crappy games sometimes. Like police/truck/firefighter simulator 2012,13,14, etc.

Do not not take his vids as proof of how the gameplay of a game is.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's okay.
Lacking any true problems (like a completely defunct social and education system (sorry, couldn't resist)) to be upset about, Germans like to get upset about stupid shit, and Gronkh brings a lot of it.
When watching one of his videos, I am usually stuck between laughing at crappy games, laughing at Gronkh or being upset about how much he sucks. Couldn't tell you why exactly I like that.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
completely defunct social and education system (sorry, couldn't resist)
If you are talking about Potato, then you forgot to mention medical care system.

:negative:
Anyway, I am just baffled that this guy has so much following. I do not even know the language and he STILL seems annoying. Why would anyone willingly subject him or herself...

Oh wait, I just remembered that PewDiePie has 25 million subscribers. Never mind then.

There is one thing you need to know about Gronkh.

He sucks at playing games. Really, he is utterly bad at most games.
People watch his vids not to be informed, but to be amused at how he fails and because he has humor and brings some funny sayings and one-liners.
Also because he tends to play utterly crappy games sometimes. Like police/truck/firefighter simulator 2012,13,14, etc.

Do not not take his vids as proof of how the gameplay of a game is.
yeaa sure. its gamers fault not game:lol: i could watch DSP playing like a total retard Dark Souls and still see its a good game

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
yeaa sure. its gamers fault not game:lol: i could watch DSP playing like a total retard Dark Souls and still see its a good game
I didn't say that. I don't know if it is a good game.
I liked all PB games so far, so I'll get this one, too. And I don't want to be spoiled, so I stay clear of all LPs, etc.

All I said is that you should not try to derive the quality of a game by watching Gronkh LPs.

imweasel

His voice and tone is fucking ridiculous, do all germans sound like that? or is it just this guy?
Germans talk like Hitler, everyone knows that.

Anyway, he is trying to copy that Pewdiepie retard and his success, just with some of his own strange flair - Which is also retarded. He could be a little more serious and a lot less dorky, his videos are really hard to watch.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, I thought Risen 1 (let alone R2) to be more of a disappointment than Gothic 3, even if most Gothic-Fans seem to like R1 more than G3.
Yes, Risen 1 was conservative when it came to mechanics, while G3 wasn't as much. But when feel, characters, atmosphere and such are compared, Risen didn't have much of those, while all three Gothics did.
Which is why I (as someone who thinks Gothic 1 is the most genious PC game ever made) don't really believe Risen 3 will be nearly as great as the Gothic series.
But still I will buy it; because I'm so deeply grateful for the Gothic - experience, that I chose and still choose to be a PB-fanboy.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Risen 3 looks like utter trash. Risen 1 was far from a perfect game but it closely followed the Gothic formula and showed there was still hope for PB...then Risen 2 came out. And now this.

But still I will buy it; because I'm so deeply grateful for the Gothic - experience, that I chose and still choose to be a PB-fanboy.
Good thing we have people like you with more money than sense to still make shit games profitable

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom