Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
1393017845-risen-3-titan-lords-1.jpg

The old mine!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I thought the idea was he never actually lost his eye he just used the patch to cover the titan lens thing he ripped off of the Inquisitor. Of course, despite hearing that I never actually saw that illustrated or referenced in the game itself.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So their response to criticism was to go back to a generic setting. :M

Even the first one had a slightly-different Mediterranean feel. What a bunch of chumps.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even the first one had a slightly-different Mediterranean feel. What a bunch of chumps.
The 'type' of setting was never really what made or broke the PB games. It was the design and density of content of that setting that made the games good, not the fairly superficial themes of 'medieval' or 'Mediterranean'. Risen 2 spent too much time on its silly pirate theme and not enough on good world design and gameplay, which doomed it to mediocrity.

And this game will likely be another step in the wrong direction, but I will play it anyway as I am not a learning animal.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Calling Risen 'pretty good' is probably exaggerated. May be it is a matter of your personal taste.

No, it was pretty good. Did you even play it?
1/3rd pretty good, 1/3rd somewhat okay to good, 1/3 shitty inane borefest hack'n slash that led to an incredibly shitty bossfight.
pb should learn to make much shorter games. maybe then they wouldn't fall apart in their second halves and could actually have fun c&c throughout the entire game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't disagree but that's been true of all of their games including the first two Gothics. So, by their past standards it was pretty good. Especially for a multiplatform game.

Tigranes

Arcane
Risen was good until the last 1/3, and actually, I found Gothic 2's last 1/3 even worse with all the dragons and hordes of broken AI NPCs.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Risen was excellent the first chapter, good the second, and then terrible after that.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
First leaked info from a magazine subscriber:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...rds/page11?p=22444631&viewfull=1#post22444631

Threw it into Google translator 'cause I'm too lazy doing it myself right now:

Battle System :- There is a prologue in which you can already experiment with higher-level skills - then it goes with stage 1 next
- Monsters can be blocked
- From the beginning, an alternative role and short-range teleports are already possible to escape fighting
- Large armor and swords , as well as fireball and lightning attack
- Voodoo magic is expected to again with this
- Stunned enemies can be robbed again
- Group members who are supporting the fight again present a
- Combat system with four different actions and rudimentary combos
- DLC 's will offer greater scope
- Meat roast, etc. will again be held in a separate window
- Game world : Primarily Central European, as well as Mediterranean and tropical regions
- The world is as always completely modeled in PB manually
- Swimming is possible again !
- Cut off from each other , as in Risen 2 regions - a free ascent of the game world without loading screens is therefore again not possible
- As always, several guilds ( probably three ) of which one may join a
- Already known are the guardians that match the previous paladins
- New enemies : Shadows ( undead that rise from skull caves )
- The soul of the main character is initially swallowed by a mighty Shadow Lord
- Then he has a soul value of either humanity or direction direction can be changed demonic being .
- But New Hero , the main character from the previous plays a major role in Risen 3
- Food is summarized again in provisions
Technical:
- Again Steam obligation and no mod tools
- Game for PS3, XBox 360 and PC developed - Next Gen consoles were not mentioned in the preview
- The engine is the same as in Risen 2 with revamped Detail display - but the negative points of the graphic for Risen 2 ( for example, the rudimentary animated dialogues ) will still be present and act in particular in comparison to the competitors Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition no longer appropriate .

- Expected date of release: August 2014

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Mostly good news IMO, the only thing I'm confused about - "Cut off from each other , as in Risen 2 regions - a free ascent of the game world without loading screens is therefore again not possible".

Soo...do we get a game with or without loading screens?

bloodlover

Arcane
Mostly good news IMO, the only thing I'm confused about - "Cut off from each other , as in Risen 2 regions - a free ascent of the game world without loading screens is therefore again not possible".

You will probably get islands or certain areas that will be passable only after some time in the main story

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

With. It consist of separate regions as in R2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom