Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 1 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, you don't have to finish the game again after you do the expansion content...

Ondoval

Novice
My game was iron man expert , so i can t do the white march unless i play a new game.....

That sucks....

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My game was iron man expert , so i can t do the white march unless i play a new game.....

That sucks....

That does suck, not allowing your most hardcore players to access the new content. I'll ask Josh about it. Also, badler. But there might be a way to console-hack your way out of the final area.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, couldn't you console your way out? I think at least the IEMod version let you.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
If you do it w/o the mod, you lose achievements. And you can't do it with the mod, because the last person who was updating it lost interest in the game as well.

No one is playing this or everyone is to busy playing to actually write anything? :)

No one is playing, basically.
f33771b362ee958391ddec668fd492ac.png

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Expansion's still in Top 10 sellers, base game still at #2. Maybe there were really a lot of people waiting for party AI.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's not deleted, also hardly a "final area save" There is about 15 trash mob fights and 2 full "maps" of content after that save.

Why should I have to repeat all that? Can't they give me a portal or some escape which lets me warp out of the final area? I don't care about the changes to the story panels after the final boss fight. It states in the end that you walk on the fuck out of there anyway...
In any case Obsidian thanks you for your ser.. I mean money. Have a nice day
:balance:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I started a new char just to play from the start with the New AI and the game play so much smoother and faster especially for melee characters since they dont have to be micromanaged as much
All in all I felt to pleased that I bought the expansion

Zeronet

Learned
It does seem like a really short time between PoE release and the expansion, I don't get why would they rush it.
Whatever, by the time I have enough savings to buy this I hope that coming patches + modswillfixit will be enough to play the damn thing.

Apparently market research shows you need to get the expansion or DLC out within 6 months to maintain interest in the game and drive expansion sales.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
A brand new game with 32,000 Kickstarter backers who already own it should have more concurrent players on launch than half an expansion for an older game that almost everybody has to pay for. Regardless, it's not that much more. Which is actually pretty worrying for Shadowrun. :M But I'm sure they'll be okay.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A brand new third instalment in a series is able to draw in more players than big name mega studio Obsidian. Both had to be purchased separately, both have had "pre-order" possibility.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll wait for part 2 of the expansion and a couple of patches after that before playing again, no reason to rush.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
A brand new third instalment in a series is able to draw in more players than big name mega studio Obsidian. Both had to be purchased separately, both have had "pre-order" possibility.

Actually, the expansion was not available for preorder on Steam, which means it might as well not be available at all

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah, its a little weird how they don't just warp you out of the final pit, but you can console out if you deleted your save.

And losing achievements? Hold my hand while I don't give a shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom