Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #34: Josh Sawyer Social Media Feature Compilation

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
If she was fat with pink hair you would all complain as well. Admit it, you just want to complain about something. You all are not really interested in any news.

What do you want me to say? I don’t have any delusion that they are trying to make the games I want and the fact that they are hiring developers based on feminist quotas is hilarious. So I talk about this then. Since they are making a mockery of game development let’s mock them.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
raping knives lol

it actually looks a lot less shit than anticipated but still not turn based so go fuck self with your raping knife

ArchAngel

Arcane
If she was fat with pink hair you would all complain as well. Admit it, you just want to complain about something. You all are not really interested in any news.

What do you want me to say? I don’t have any delusion that they are trying to make the games I want and the fact that they are hiring developers based on feminist quotas is hilarious. So I talk about this then. Since they are making a mockery of game development let’s mock them.
You have some serious mental issues boy. Not healthy to give in to your hallucinations.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
So from what I gather, the best change made in the video is that the combat is now turn based. YAY!

eXalted

Arcane
Not sure what is worse - feminism or people trying to fetch feminism vibes out of everything.

Sizzle

Arcane

Lurker King's typical day browsing the Codex:

Oh, blast it all, no fresh "The New World" news posts, and I see no one is discussing the finer points of Dungeon Rats' tough (but fair!) combat system either. What to do, what to do?

Maybe I should venture over to Steam and try to convince people to buy AoD instead of UnderRail. That always cheers me up. Ah, but what's this - something about PoE2! I loathe that game and wish to tell all my friends on the Codex (Goral and... uhm... errr...) who highly value my brilliant game design insights about that.

Ha ha ha, oh wow meme. They actually have a female presenting this update. A female! Obsidian, you've degenerated even more than I feared. Everyone knows that females are too stupid and unruly, what with their bleeding once a month (or so I'm told), to have anything to do with computer game development. I'm sure they only hired her because of her ovaries, those disgusting lefties.

Now Iron Tower Studios, that's a real man's game development company! No women whatsoever. And that's exactly why their games are so good. I'm even endeavoring to convince Vince to remove females as a character creation option in TNW. I mean, can you even imagine it - chicks in space? Ha. What would they do - apply space makeup? Haha.

That whole unpleasant thought reminded me of how I once almost spoke to a woman. But then I realized she couldn't possibly enjoy the intricacies of AoD's complicated lore and branching narrative, and spent my seed on DR's opening screen.

Bless you, Vince, for keeping those filthy urges in check.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Imagine the amount of resentment that is necessary to make blocks of texts directed to a particular poster. I’m really flattered by your personal attention, Sizzle. The regularity in your attempts to bash my posts is impressive. You are still miles behind stalkers like Toro, though. But you should keep trying being the anti-lurker king poster number 1. Maybe one day you will achieve that petty resented place. You never know.

Sizzle

Arcane
You call this a block of text? Azrael the cat, now those are quality blocks of text ;)

Besides, you came here to bash a game you, by your own admission, care nothing about - because a (gasp!) woman was in an update video. How could anyone resist ridiculing such obvious (and literal) butthurt in denial? :D

Just think about that for a second. Then, think about coming out of the closet and finally confessing to VD :lol:

Lurker King's typical day browsing the Codex:

Oh, blast it all, no fresh "The New World" news posts, and I see no one is discussing the finer points of Dungeon Rats' tough (but fair!) combat system either. What to do, what to do?

Maybe I should venture over to Steam and try to convince people to buy AoD instead of UnderRail. That always cheers me up. Ah, but what's this - something about PoE2! I loathe that game and wish to tell all my friends on the Codex (Goral and... uhm... errr...) who highly value my brilliant game design insights about that.

Ha ha ha, oh wow meme. They actually have a female presenting this update. A female! Obsidian, you've degenerated even more than I feared. Everyone knows that females are too stupid and unruly, what with their bleeding once a month (or so I'm told), to have anything to do with computer game development. I'm sure they only hired her because of her ovaries, those disgusting lefties.

Now Iron Tower Studios, that's a real man's game development company! No women whatsoever. And that's exactly why their games are so good. I'm even endeavoring to convince Vince to remove females as a character creation option in TNW. I mean, can you even imagine it - chicks in space? Ha. What would they do - apply space makeup? Haha.

That whole unpleasant thought reminded me of how I once almost spoke to a woman. But then I realized she couldn't possibly enjoy the intricacies of AoD's complicated lore and branching narrative, and spent my seed on DR's opening screen.

Bless you, Vince, for keeping those filthy urges in check.

Oh come on, I'm sure he's responded to Roguey's (or Lesifore's, or Black Cat's if he was around in those days) posts before. Or, hell, even SMA's, I'm pretty sure that so long as SMA was spanking him and making him shout the virtues of Dungeon Rats, he'd consider call SMA's massive pre-op schlong a bonus.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Besides, you came here to bash a game you, by your own admission, care nothing about - because a (gasp!) woman was in an update video.

I don't care about their popamole game, but I care about political correctness in game development. The problem is not hiring women to work in game development, but hiring women because that is perceived as inclusive, even if they are not the most qualified or talented candidate for the job. Using quotas in hiring processes is inherently unfair and lead to subpar services, which includes game development.

Sizzle

Arcane
[The problem is not hiring women to work in game development, but hiring women because that is perceived as inclusive, even if they are the most qualified or talented candidate.

And, of course, you know all about her qualifications and talent, right?

Oh, sorry, how silly of me - she can't have any, being a woman and all :lol:

Using quotas in hiring processes is inherently unfair and lead to subpar services, which includes game development.

Hey, whatever you need to tell yourself for justifying you coming here, looking at an update video that's shown nothing but incline, finding nothing to bitch about and then going: "Arrrgh, a woman! Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can. No wonder you suck, Obsidian!" :lol:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
And, of course, you know all about her qualifications and talent, right?

I know that she would be hired over any male candidate that is more talented than her due to an inclusive quota. Obsidian already talked about this in multiple interviews.

looking at an update video that's shown nothing but incline

These new mechanics will amount to nothing in practical terms because the combat system is ultra-fast RTwP bullshit designed to the lowest common denominator. You click in that mess repeatedly and win. That’s PoE combat in a nutshell. To add more stuff on top of this broken RTwP system is like adding a bunch of extra pedals on a bicycle and saying it is better and more complex. You don’t need new mechanics on top of this shitty system. You need a real system, a proper turn-based system.

Sizzle

Arcane
I know that she would be hired over any male candidate that is more talented than her due to an inclusive quota. Obsidian already talked about this in multiple interviews.

Ok, so, we've established you have no problem with her being a woman, just with her being a woman in an industry you feel must be kept female-free, and having to look at her give a video update.

Alright, moving on.

These new mechanics will amount to nothing in practical terms because the combat system is ultra-fast RTwP bullshit designed to the lowest common denominator.

Really? The lowest common denominator, you say? Lower than popamole? :D

You click in that mess repeatedly and win.

Unlike other computer games, which you control telepathically to win. :lol:

To add more stuff on top of this broken RTwP system is like adding a bunch of extra pedals on a bicycle and saying it is better and more complex.

Interestingly, if this was about Vince adding more systems to his games, you would be the first one here to cream his pants.

But you're very neutral in your observations, and not at all a deluded fanboy.

You don’t need new mechanics on top of this shitty system. You need a real system, a proper turn-based system.

Why, yes, of course, everything is inherently better TB. That's why T:ToN's combat is so much superior to PS:T's :lol:

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Now Iron Tower Studios, that's a real man's game development company!

I'm ashamed to say I only just realized that "Iron Tower" is even more phallic than an obelisk made out of dildos.

But yeah, the raging about "incloosiveness" is especially absurd here. There is literally nothing about this video that is even remotely related to social/political issues. It's a woman describing video clips by talking about mechanics.

Sizzle

Arcane
Now Iron Tower Studios, that's a real man's game development company!

I'm ashamed to say I only just realized that "Iron Tower" is even more phallic than an obelisk made out of dildos.

And that's exactly how LK first stumbled upon it during a googling spree :lol:

But yeah, the raging about "incloosiveness" is especially absurd here. There is literally nothing about this video that is even remotely related to social/political issues. It's a woman describing video clips by talking about mechanics.

He realized there was nothing about the video that he could bitch about, but still wanted to, so he latched on the female thing.

Then, using his wonderful, unique and wholly nonexisting sense of logic, he extrapolated that she's only there because she's a woman and that Obsidian must be a wretched hive of SJWs. Because who else would hire a woman, right?

Behold, LK's ideal world :lol:

son_of_kronar1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom