Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn straight felipepepe!
That is exactly what I wanted and backed, none of this "balance" and innovaton shit!
I expected a Darklands flavored IE "spiritual succesor" not Sawyers wet dreams

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Josh, where is the wizard with bulging muscles? Still I can recall his powerful spells!

Josh, are the stats balanced against each other? Josh, if this game's fun then show us the way!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Josh! What is best in life?

To balance your systems, to remove degeneracy, and to hear the lamentations of the Codex.
Only thing missing is a photoshop of him with Conan's outfit.:lol:

'k

vYUMhTm.png

eremita

Savant
I was replaying the old classics recently, first Arcanum (sixth fucking playthrough over the years! Just one more and I will FINALLY be entitled to an opinion!), then Torment, Fallout1, IWD2,BG1 and BG2 and I have come to this conclusion: BG2 is probably the best CRPG I have ever played. That game is just huge, polished and masterfully done in every aspect. It lacks the quality of some of other games in specific departments, but overall - as a complete experience, there's just no game to challenge it. In comparison to BG2 and Arcanum (yes Arcanum, i don't know why) every other game just feel "modest" (for lack of the better word, at least in my vocabulary). If dozens of people work on an RPG for three years, this is the kind of game I would like to see. It's fucking epic. I just finished it after many years (*cough* the Enhanced Edition *cough*) and I believe this is my personal pinnacle of massive and complex CRPG... Oh and the story! Sometimes it's shitty, but it's so nostalgic! It just feels right...Also, BG1 is shit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Josh from Santa Ana said:
The pistol + shield thing is actually a bug. All guns are supposed to be two-handed.

Guess the muscle wizard isn't the strongest guy after all:

4ir7ZOL.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think you'll ever see an rpg as big as BG2 again. It doesn't make business sense to make it that big. Although possibly with expansions.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"While taunting you with the better writing and narrative system mechanics (like reputation)(Which hilariously is also Sawyers stuff)"

IWD2 writing was fukkin shit.

Duraframe300

Arcane
"While taunting you with the better writing and narrative system mechanics (like reputation)(Which hilariously is also Sawyers stuff)"

IWD2 writing was fukkin shit.

Not talking about/refering to the writing itself there. (Or IWD2)(PE)

Mechanics regrding the writing. Like dialouge system or reputation.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Go suck Sawyer's dick but don't make lie on his behalf. IWD2 sucked. That was his 'baby'.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Go suck Sawyer's dick but don't make lie on his behalf. IWD2 sucked. That was his 'baby'.

I don't believe I ever made a statement regarding IWD2's anything. Including its Quality (It's my overall least favourite IE game too btw.)

I specifically mean the narrative related mechanics Sawyer discussed for the cancelled BGIII and he halfway implemented / began to expand in New Vegas. Nothing else. The mechanic.

And as such its evolution/implementation in PE.

Edit: Discussing with Volourn and all that. Yes, I know.

Spockrock

Augur
IWD 2 was amazeballs. great and memorable encounters, after BG2 I was so burnt out on IE games I didn't think I would play another, but IWD2 managed to hold my attention.

besides, IWD was never about the writing

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Still better than NWN1."

No.

FUN FACT: It is impossible to be better than the best game ever.

"IWD 2 was amazeballs."

Amazingly, it's the only IE game I didn't finish because it amazingly sucked ass. And, the vast majority of its encounetrs were dreadful, easy, boring, shit encounters.

roshan

Arcane
Don't know that, Fallout 1 and Planescape Torment did it just fine.
IWD 1 and 2 had Sawyer as part of the team. Coincidence?:troll:

IWD1 was quite a good game. IWD2 is a terribly flawed experience, I certainly could not play it without mods to improve the game. It simply had no flow and various areas felt totally disconnected from one another. Most of the puzzle aspects such as the Fellwood and the Battle Squares were terrible. The weapons and loot that made IWD so much fun were nonexistent, suffering from too much BALANCE!!! Certain categories don't even have any decent weapons in them. I remember playing vanilla IWD2 and getting returning frost darts over and over again. And certain areas such as the ice temple suffer from repetitive and extremely boring encounters. Most of my playthroughs (perhaps 80%) end at the ice temple.

It seems that the ice temple was indeed the breaking point for a lot of people, never could pass beyond it neither, such a blatant example of boredom made pixel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom