Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

archaen

Cipher
Patron
So for the people who paid money to beta test: How are Paladins handled? Do you actually need to follow the Paladin code (Ala ToEE)? Do alignment shifts within game even exist (yet?)?
If you leave lawful good you fall.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just remember in some interview or something they promised to be "inclusive". So we will see what that means :P

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
How much SJW crap will be in this game?
half orc ex-slave wizard and a whole bunch of fighter women that need no man.

chances are good it will be chock full of proper progressive goodness. maybe(hopefully) they will let us make our own party like in pillars.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam page. Yes, Deep Silver is publishing partner of My.com:

These screenshots are new, I guess?

ss_717d2c215fc2d694974ffe4cb45e1d19b8f95742.jpg
ss_df5f087491f5ed4672b776e5abd7511ce55f96bb.jpg
ss_03c8857744831ede62dcacf4046229072aadc623.jpg
ss_3ff15ebacf822b87d2936b9ee3143eb7db84ce44.jpg
ss_2dd9dccf4661b9fc4ce6c9e5100bcd8d58811645.jpg
ss_7b35faa1d1b388d7b3a38aabdf0936d0683ec56a.jpg
ss_624720af8b67884a7d12aafb3d40cd55be6ebc52.jpg
ss_9dacd901f612fb065a42d8fc68c24dbd37e93175.jpg
ss_89a2ea935eed49b4cf4d55507d32c04b0a13a769.jpg

I can't say that I like the artstyle very much, it feels like WoW, but I guess I've been spoiled by the 2D backgrounds of some recent RPGs. Not that it matters that much, but it doesn't hit the feels.

Theldaran

Liturgist
WoW is fine to me. It's not really the style, it's the experience. For example, I like manga drawings but I despise JRPG like those from Idea Factory/Compile Heart. They suck.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Considering that this is Russian developed, how shitty is the translation?

What translation? Isn't it natively in English? Isn't Avellone and other similar Western writers providing the text? The direction, production, actual drudgery work is Russian, but the text doesn't have to be.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Considering that this is Russian developed, how shitty is the translation?

What translation? Isn't it natively in English? Isn't Avellone and other similar Western writers providing the text? The direction, production, actual drudgery work is Russian, but the text doesn't have to be.

Avellone isn't the only writer working on the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They have some westerners helping out but the lead writer (conspicuously hidden during the Kickstarter campaign, when they made it seem like Avellone was their only writer) is a Russian dude named Alexander Komzolov. Ex-Nival guy.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I don't know what language will the original script be, but they're jointly doing it in a variety of languages.

English should be fine, other languages such as German could be more messy because that actually needs a translation, I don't think that the Russian studio speaks German natively.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
After playing the Atom early access i came to appreciate how bad translation and editing from non native english speaking devs can fuck up an experience.

Theldaran

Liturgist
After playing the Atom early access i came to appreciate how bad translation and editing from non native english speaking devs can fuck up an experience.

Owlcat Games' kickstarter page seems alright, it seems they know their English as decent modern men living in the 21st century.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Man this game and we happy few, so happy there are good games coming out in August. means that only June and July are barren months this year.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
“We have ambitious plans for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. We want to reach out to the maximum number of players across the globe, making it easily accessible, whilst at the same time maintaining the expected quality, to do right by its fanbase. Working with Deep Silver ensures we can step up our retail marketing and benefit from the unique experience offered with KOCH,” said Head of Owlcat Games Oleg Shpilchevsky.

So it's about the boxed versions, as I suspected?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Steam page. Yes, Deep Silver is publishing partner of My.com:

These screenshots are new, I guess?

I can't say that I like the artstyle very much, it feels like WoW, but I guess I've been spoiled by the 2D backgrounds of some recent RPGs. Not that it matters that much, but it doesn't hit the feels.

It does not feel like WoW to me at all.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
“We have ambitious plans for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. We want to reach out to the maximum number of players across the globe, making it easily accessible, whilst at the same time maintaining the expected quality, to do right by its fanbase. Working with Deep Silver ensures we can step up our retail marketing and benefit from the unique experience offered with KOCH,” said Head of Owlcat Games Oleg Shpilchevsky.

So it's about the boxed versions, as I suspected?

I think Deep Silver doing both. They list Deep Silver as the publisher instead of My.com at Steam page.

Also copyright line from Steam page:

Pathfinder and Kingmaker are trademarks and copyrights owned exclusively by Paizo Inc. and used under license. My.com and Owlcat Games Studio are trademarks or registered trademarks of My.com B.V. 2018 published by Deep Silver, a division of Koch Media GmbH, Austria. Deep Silver and its respective logos are trademarks of Koch Media GmbH. This product is based on tools and technologies ©2018, My.com B.V., Owlcat Games Studio. Certain tools and technology also used in this product are © Unity Technologies, 2018, © 2006–2018 Audiokinetic Inc., © 2008-2018 Syrinscape Pty Ltd.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Boxed only is probably not very interesting for publishing PC games (and often enough just means putting a piece of paper with a steam key in a box).

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How much SJW crap will be in this game?

Russia doesn't do SJW - that's why I like 'em so much. Haven't met a single one yet that disappointed me. Even if they managed to pull the wool over our eyes with how involved MCA was in this title, I'm hoping it will be at least as good as IWD1 with a better stronghold system than NWN2. So worth at least full price for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom