Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Gerrard

Arcane
That feel when you get gold with 2 kills as tank on offense.
:negative:

Andhaira

Arcane
New Patch downloaded. Very minor changes, unlike what I read of the previous one

It's hilarious how blizzard games are so underdeveloped in terms of social or QoL options (ever since b.net 2.0).

*Voice chat doesn't work for 30% of all players, besides you have to manually enter it
*There's no 'mute all' button
*There's no replay system
*There's no proper system in place to deal with cunts, be it a simple votekick option or something similar to 'overwatch' (cs:go feature, that allows you to go through a bunch of replays with people reported for cheating/griefing, if said replay gets enough 'guilty' verdicts, the person gets bant)
*Teams with leavers get fucked over for no apparent reason (reduce the point loss by 70%, if the leaver is in a party, punish the whole party to avoid gaming the system)
*People that were auto-kicked for afk (timer is set pretty low, around a minute or so) can't rejoin the game, which produces even more leavers
*You can 'prefer' players (which only means that said person might be in your games more often, not necessarily on your team tho), but you can't prevent MM from pairing you up with shit players..
*No solo queue

And there's a dipshit somewhere in their halls that is actually responsible for this, I wish I could suck at my job and still get paid top dollar.

Last edited:

Lennac

Barely Literate
*Teams with leavers get fucked over for no apparent reason (reduce the point loss by 70%, if the leaver is in a party, punish the whole party to avoid gaming the system)

Had a game over the weekend where we had a leaver after the first round and we still nearly won with only 5 people. Losing points after all that felt like a swift kick to the groin.

Puukko

Arcane
2645 after placements with 5/5. One of those games ended with me having gold elims/4 gold as Lucio over 4 rounds on Anubis.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

-earliest possible Symmetra changes coming mid november.

-one new character is coming very soon. He deliberately used "they" instead of "he/she"

-multiple prototype characters are being worked on. Team really likes one of them and may see a release in early 2017

-a new map is nearing completion, no details

-multiple prototype maps being worked on

-new game modes are being played around with. No details, just wanted to let us know the ideas are going around

-QOL camera changes for esports spectating

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Finally got around to playing this. Doubt I have anything original to say. After playing 1000+ hours of TF2 and only about 20 hours of Overwatch...
* Not quite crazy about the 6 v 6 or whatever for most maps. I kinda need 10+ v 10+ or more
* Seems to take a little long to get in a match, and when I do, the teams are rarely balanced
* Lot of classes seem like TF2 classes with updated graphics. Not a bad thing, but the dyke replacing heavy is a little much. Miss the pyro and the spy. Two of my favorite classes.
* Liked playing engineer in TF2, but the engie in Overwatch is a little dull. Needs a little more dimension.
* Like Bastion, the rocket gal, and some of the other classes. The monkey looks cool, but nobody ever plays him.

Overall, it's not bad, but I guess I'm not crazy about the shared kills and some of the other things. So far, I kinda feel the game is missing something. Just doesn't quite engage me. It's not purple painted Pillars of Hats, or vanity items, its just that something about the game lacks the back-and-forth aspect of maps in other games. Because there are fewer characters and more to choose from, it seems to miss something. Can't put my finger on it.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Apparently Sombra and the Halloween brawl were leaked.

f1f57c5eae.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Wasn't this character shown somewhere before? In one of those supposed leaks? Looks weirdly familiar.

Aruil

Educated
Patron
She looks a lot (suspiciously even) like Laura from Street Fighter 5

Amn Nom

Learned
Halloween update is up with a trailer.

My crew is MIA so I need people to play with. My battle.net tag is Amn#1468 and I mainly play Luico/Reinhardt/Soldier.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Damn,that Dr Junkestein skin costs 3000 so I grabbed that Skullyatta skin for 750

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm surprised Valve doesn't sue them for trademark infringement, so much of that is ripped straight out of TF2.

Gerrard

Arcane
Valve invented point defense game modes.

Finally got all the achievements, fucking Roadhog cockblocking my high noon twice in a row, I was sure we lost that one.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom